• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Amazon's Rings of Power - General Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

A bit late for that doesn't he think? They already laid off 40k + employees over just to give ridiculous budgets for their streaming shows

Why is the CEO blaming the studio for his own and his predecessor's own bad decisions?

This what they did to secure the right to Lord of the Rings.

And frankly, the fact that the Tolkien estate disowned the Peter Jackson trilogy but approved all this doesn't speak well of their credibility and integrity.

Omg yes!!! It’s back this year!!! I thought it would be next year. That’s a welcome surprise.

While many here apparently didn’t like it, I love everything LOTR: books, films, shows, most games.

I thought this would have had a Stranger Things type (forever) gap between seasons.

Finally got around to watching the trailer and the featurette. Looks good! The cast seems a little muted in the BTS clip, and I don't blame them. It's a shame that this project got entirely engulfed by culture war nonsense. The hate campaigns stem largely from racism and misogyny, and many of these Youtubers make a living out of it, and their audience operates like a hate cult. One can't even comment a positive thing on the trailers without someone accusing you of being a bot. The people who like this show are largely just silent, beyond the select few avenues where people can have *normal* conversations about this. So much negativity about something that's largely very positive and well made, beyond some script and pacing issues that I hope are fixed on this second season.

I just... I don't know man. Rory Kinear is great, but I can't lie. My first reaction to this news was just a sinking, cold, dread.

I don't know if I have the heart to rewatch the first season just to remember what went on so I could watch the second. I wasnt that impressed. :(

nooo-dissapiar.gif

Highly unfortunate to have to recast. Adar was one of the more interesting characters and performances in the first season. Good luck to the new guy, hope he can make something out of the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"