"Conan the Barbarian" TV Series in development for Netflix

Depressing. I need to unpack my Xena collection.

Lucy was so good in 90s. Tall, dark mane, dark skin, blazing blue eyes. She's like a female Conan in a way.

Let's hope once Marvel starts putting out those comics next year(right around the corner), interest in Conan will be more prevalent. Maybe if Netflix's The Witcher is a hit, they'll take a crack at another certain similar property. May that be Conan.

Hope it‘ll has some 80s fantasy trash vibe like Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. and HeMan and the two Schwarzenegger movies.

Hollywood likes to go back to established properties, so it may take a while, but I think someday somehow someone is going to take another stab at the Conan mythology again. It's only a matter of time.

Just like with Dune ;)

Hollywood likes to go back to established properties, so it may take a while, but I think someday somehow someone is going to take another stab at the Conan mythology again. It's only a matter of time.

Just like with Dune ;)

If the witcher is a success then i think they'll put it straight into development. Bit worried about witcher though.

I hope The Witcher is super-popular so that demand (and supply as a result) for this genre increases.

I hope The Witcher is super-popular so that demand (and supply as a result) for this genre increases.

Yep. This genre is criminally under represented in quality tv or films. Due to budget demands or what i don't know. But when they do put the effort in (got, lotr) they are massive successes.

If the witcher is a success then i think they'll put it straight into development. Bit worried about witcher though.

I mean I guess. I'm not holding my breath though. The Witcher is dark medieval fantasy. Conan is sword and sorcery fantasy and very different. I think the popularity of Game of Thrones made it more possible for things like The Witcher. And they did try to do a new Conan show in that time, it just fell through with this latest attempt. I don't think Witcher will have much of an influence one way or another.

I think just by process of elimination and time it's bound to happen again at some point.

Yep. This genre is criminally under represented in quality tv or films. Due to budget demands or what i don't know. But when they do put the effort in (got, lotr) they are massive successes.
When to comes to novels I read about 90% fantasy so I’m really hopeful it finally reaches a point where we can get regular quality content. Would be great to see a large number of the best series adapted well.

120512492_114084927121763_1968665526090655556_n.jpg

I hope Miguel Sapochnik is still involved.

I mean, they did a damn good job with The Witcher. I can't imagine Conan really being harder to do.

We'll see how it goes. I learned not to get my hopes up after Amazon Prime dropped the series.

Plus Netflix has a bad habit of cancelling shows after 1 or 2 seasons. Case in point, they cancelled Dark Crystal after it won an Emmy.

Use only the Howard novels and Dark Horse comics. Use nothing from Marvel and they'll be good. Although I will admit I do hope they bring back Jason as Conan.

Jason Momoa seems very busy anyway. Seems to always have a new project in the pipeline.

I recall with Spartacus, Andy Whitfield was a complete unknown before he got the role on the show. He was really great on it. So, I'd be fine if they could find someone on a similar level to be the lead here.

Obviously, with Conan, he's this pulp hero. So you want him to have this larger than life persona and a physique to match. But I think you need to find an actor who can live that persona first and hopefully beef up to get that physique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"