Jack Ryan series (Amazon Prime)

What happened in the season 2 finale again? I've forgotten already. I watched it before we went into lockdown but I don't remember it now.

They stormed the Venezuelan presidential palace as if they had any authority to do so. Basically “White House Down” but replace the terrorists with the Americans. :o

I kind of tuned out of Season 1 since they were spending so much time on the drone pilot.

Did Season 2 get rid of dumb tertiary subplots like that?

‘Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan’: Betty Gabriel Joins Amazon Series In Recasting – Deadline

Season 3 of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan finds Jack Ryan (Krasinski) on the run and in a race against time. Jack is wrongly implicated in a larger conspiracy and suddenly finds himself a fugitive out in the cold. Now, wanted by both the CIA and an international rogue faction that he has uncovered, Jack is forced underground, crisscrossing Europe, trying to stay alive and prevent a massive global conflict. In addition to Krasinski, returning for the third season of the dramatic series are Wendell Pierce as James Greer and Michael Kelly as Mike November.

Cosmo will play Luca, Guinness will portray Petr, Hoss will play Alena and Alexev will portray Alexei.

I want to know if Abbie Cornish will come back as Cathy. Isn't she part of his life? When does season 3 come out?

They didn't even scratch the surface of the source material.:doh:

For some reason I still get Jack Ryan and Jack Reached confused. While I might be a newer Reacher/Lee Child reader/fan I've known about the character for years and I've been a Jack Ryan/Tom Clancy reader/fan for 20+ years. I actually clicked on this thread expecting to read something new about the Reacher show but quickly realized why I was seeing Jack Ryan. And the bad thing is it's just the names I get confused and not the books, movies or shows lol.

Has a actual reason ever been given why Abby Cornish wasn't in season 2and I think S3?

Has a actual reason ever been given why Abby Cornish wasn't in season 2and I think S3?
I don't know if we were giving a production reason. For the show it allowed Jack Ryan to have a sexual affair out in the field without cheating on his "future" wife

I don't know if we were giving a production reason. For the show it allowed Jack Ryan to have a sexual affair out in the field without cheating on his "future" wife

I admittedly haven't seen all of season 2 but this makes complete sense. I can see this as a good out of sight out of mind situation.

A new season is upon us so I wonder if they’ll attempt to do a revised version of Red October modernize or something completely new? Since John mentioned in an interview that he’d like to explore Jack dealing with something in the veins of the film .

I gave this show another shot and I really came around on Krasinski in the role. Maybe I just had to stop comparing him to previous actors. Looking forward to the new season but disappointed that we have to wait another full season before Abbie Cornish comes back. I like Jack having a stable relationship back home; it keeps him from falling into the James Bond cliche of having a new love interest in every country he visits. Also, Abbie Cornish is awesome and the show loses some points for writing her out for two seasons just so Jack can fall into the James Bond cliche of having a new love interest in every country he visits.

Last edited:
I was looking on blu-ray.com yesterday and saw that season 1 and 2 is going to be released on 4K I think on Nov. 15.

I liked the first season but can barely remember the 2nd, the 3rd looks to have a lot of potential from that trailer.

Thought this was a much better trailer than the 1st one released for S3.

Enjoy this more so than S2 so far but it really bugs me, that when there is a scene with a room full of Russians not one of them is speaking Russian.

The whole “let’s have Russians speak English with Russian accents to each other” thing will never fail to crack me up. One of them even comments on where the other’s accent is from. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"