"Conan the Barbarian" TV Series in development for Netflix

Charles-Bronson_0.jpg OK Netflix, now it's up to you to deliver a Conan, faithful to Howard's telling. Please.....no " revenge the death of......." motivation, and no body builder physiques. As to the casting of Conan, look for a Charles Bronson type. Although Bronson himself was too short for Conan, he certainly had the look.

Last edited:
Jason Momoa seems very busy anyway. Seems to always have a new project in the pipeline.

I recall with Spartacus, Andy Whitfield was a complete unknown before he got the role on the show. He was really great on it. So, I'd be fine if they could find someone on a similar level to be the lead here.

Obviously, with Conan, he's this pulp hero. So you want him to have this larger than life persona and a physique to match. But I think you need to find an actor who can live that persona first and hopefully beef up to get that physique.

Yeah. Momoa looked like a great Conan but I personally found him boring. That may have just been the bad script and direction, however. Nothing about that movie was very good. It wouldn’t be hard for Netflix to top that.

We'll see how it goes. I learned not to get my hopes up after Amazon Prime dropped the series.

Plus Netflix has a bad habit of cancelling shows after 1 or 2 seasons. Case in point, they cancelled Dark Crystal after it won an Emmy.

Yeah Prime has been dropping a lot of series recently. I am still not over them dropping Culture, with Dennis Kelly no less. Though to be fair, it seems like it was the fault of the estate not Amazon.

Snow Crash was in development there too and now it's with HBO.

Imho Netflix is the better studio to helm this...

I wonder if Netflix might also pick up the rights to The Dark Tower. That could be such an epic series in the right hands.

Excited at this news.

Would love if we also got a Solomon Kane show starring Purefoy.

I would kind of dread a(nother) shot at Solomon Kane. The previous adaptation completely missed the point of the character, and I tend to assume a new one would do likewise. Sincere idealistic heroism, on the part of a devout Puritan? A central character arc premised on the conflict between Christian beliefs and a Lovecraftian world? So many opportunities to screw it up, again.

I wonder if Netflix might also pick up the rights to The Dark Tower. That could be such an epic series in the right hands.
Pick it up and spend $200 million on two seasons, tons of awards and critical and acclaim, and then cancel it after announcing Season 3 and 20 spinoffs.

I would kind of dread a(nother) shot at Solomon Kane. The previous adaptation completely missed the point of the character, and I tend to assume a new one would do likewise. Sincere idealistic heroism, on the part of a devout Puritan? A central character arc premised on the conflict between Christian beliefs and a Lovecraftian world? So many opportunities to screw it up, again.

Doesn't that mean he would've sentenced the innocent victims of the Salem Witch Trials to death?

pitty, thatwe‘ll never see references to the MCU

pitty, thatwe‘ll never see references to the MCU
I can't tell if you're joking or serious. Marvel should be kept as far away from Conan as possible. Really I am hoping Dark Horse gets the rights back to doing the comics.

Serious, but I see, where you‘re coming from.

Serious, but I see, where you‘re coming from.
And really my main problem with Marvel is that there is no reason what so ever for them to bring Conan into modern times. That's the real issue for me. There are so many stories you could do and tell without making him an Avenger. Their whole run since getting the comics back have just been lazy to me.

huh, the mythology of Conan is connected to Marvels mythology. You know maybe, that there isn‘t only Avengers but a deep mythological story that goes deep in creating the universe. And Thulsa Doom is a Darkholder

It's not really important Conan be made part of the MCU.

It'd be like saying Conan and GI Joe are part of the MCU since Marvel did the past comics.

Varnae was both a villain for Conan and Blade, Thor...
And I hope he‘ll be referenced when it goes into the Darkhold

As long as Conan is white, straight and has large body physique (body builder or not)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"