The Last Jedi Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker (VIII)

MagnarTheGreat

Web Ninja
Reaction score
Mark Hamill continues his role as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode VIII.

4zUdwME.jpg

Discuss!

Last edited:
I really hope Luke isn't this grumpy Jedi going forward. I hope we get the Luke in Episode VI, only more knowledgeable.

I want to see Luke as the Grand Master Jedi I use to read about in the non-canon books and comics. in which he was able to channel both sides of the force unmatched in power.

I want him to be what his dad was supposed to be. Unmatched in the force.

The least I am hoping for is a much bigger role, my only gripe with the first one was his lack of screen time.

I hope he has the green lightsaber. It's my favorite of all lightsabers.

His ROTJ look is my favorite personally.

They should really just go ahead and officially release that image of Luke from TFA. All the ones that have been making the rounds are pirated.

Mark Hamill said:
I just read online that JJ is very much open to that. In the old days, you would get fan mail. But now fans are writing and asking all these questions: ‘I’m bullied in school … I’m afraid to come out.’ They say to me: ‘Could Luke be gay?’ I’d say it is meant to be interpreted by the viewer. If you think Luke is gay, of course he is. You should not be ashamed of it. Judge Luke by his character, not by who he loves.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/201...kywalker-gay-jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-viii

He made similar comments less noticed in January.

The only thing I get out of these comments is that like some other characters - and like many past Jedi characters - it's meant to be ambiguous.

To me, Luke is married to the Force. The idea that's come across with the Jedi in the past is that they are like (ideal) Catholic priests who make their vow to god - they're like married to god.

Personally, I'm hoping that if Luke is to be alone, then it's because circumstance wouldn't allow otherwise, instead of repeating part of the old Order's mistakes.

The Old Order failed because they were so dogmatic in the first place. I'd hope that Luke would have rectified the inherent problems with that way of life and remade the Order into something better.

Exactly. RotJ hinted at that, heavily. Since JJ and Larry decided to show us what THEY thought Anakin's fall shoulda been via Kylo, then perhaps Rian and CTrev can do the Jedi Order equivalent of that.

The Old Order failed because they were so dogmatic in the first place. I'd hope that Luke would have rectified the inherent problems with that way of life and remade the Order into something better.

Luke's exile may have to do with his disillusionment with the order entirely. He probably blames himself more than anything but the fact that he chose to get as far away from everyone as possible could be due to him seeing himself, and perhaps the Jedi in general, as too powerful and dangerous and easily corruptible. I don't know where the ancient Jedi temples fit in with that motivation, but we'll have to see.

I just hope it's not just some kind of Force super weapon to defeat the Ren.

Last edited:
They really can't go back to the "superweapon" well ever again. Using it in three movies is enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"