• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marlon Wayans still getting paid for NOT appearing in Batman Returns

FlawlessVictory

Superhero
Reaction score
'G.I. Joe' Star Marlon Wayans Still Getting Paid For Not Playing Robin In 'Batman Returns'

Posted 4 hrs ago by Brian Warmoth in DC Comics, Marvel, News

"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" actors Marlon Wayans and Channing Tatum have both been connected with famous superhero roles, with Wayans nearly playing Robin in "Batman Returns" and Tatum landing in rumors regarding Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger."

The big difference is that Wayans is still making income from his near-miss more than a decade ago.

"I was actually supposed to play Robin, in 'Batman Returns,' about 15 years ago," Wayans told io9. "But there were too many characters."

And though Chris O'Donnell became The Boy Wonder when Joel Schumacher took over the franchise in "Batman Forever," Wayans still enjoys some lasting benefits from his favor with Tim Burton.

"I was cast, I was paid and everything," he explained. "I still get residual checks."

Wayans doesn't hold any grudges though. In fact, he expressed his own theory on why O'Donnell eventually won the part.

"I get why they picked Chris O' Donnell, because it would be messed up to have Batman and you've got Robin, and his bulge is somewhat bigger than Batman's," he said. "Batman would have a serious problem with that."

He still has his eye on comic book movies though, particularly one property that already has a couple of installments on DVD shelves.

"I would like to do the Mask," Wayans revealed of his desire to bring the next iteration of the Dark Horse Comics character to the screen. "Jim Carrey did one, Jamie Kennedy did two. I would like to do three."
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/08/0...paid-for-not-playing-robin-in-batman-returns/

Wayans would of been interesting, and proably actually worked as Robin. I mean Wayans is a funny, cool, litle cocky, arrogant, laid back kind of guy. Thats bascially what Robin's character was.

Robin was the human part of the team while Batman was the monster part. Robin was really needed to be in the team to bring out Bruce's human side. They should of had Wayans as Robin in Batman Returns. You paid the guy and everything and not even go with him? One that was wasting money and second you pretty much ****ed the guy over.

Also Batman Returns was not even in the same universe as Batman 89 plus Keaton was in his late 30s so the movie could of been that Batman was years into his crime fighting and was a veteran, so he could raise a young kid and train him to be his partner. Would of been awesome to have Robin in BR being played by Wayans and also have Two-Face in Returns too.

I thought it was Batman Forever he was cast in, not Returns.

No Returns he was casted in. Returns was originally gonna have Two-Face in the movie too getting scared in the face by Catwomen. Would of went the comic book route and just have him get scared by Sal Maroni. Also Billy Dee Williams would of been a great Two-Face. Loved him as Harvey Dent in Batman 89

I thought it was Batman Forever he was cast in, not Returns.

No he was supposed to be in Batman Returns. Robin was going to be a mechanic that Bruce takes his Batmobile to have it repaired. And Marlon Wayans, the mechanic, was going to be wearing a jumpsuit that had the letter R on it. :ikyn

You had reference to Vicky Vale but thats just about it. Gotham looked different, Bruce mansion and bat cave looked different. And the atmosphere was different aswell.
By that logic, TDK is not in the same universe as BB.:whatever:

Thats to make things look better visually, not to differ it from the first movie.

By that logic, TDK is not in the same universe as BB.:whatever:

well, not really. I believe what he is trying to argue is that Batman Returns is not a true sequel to Batman, and that is true. That is how Burton wanted it.

Returns is a sequel, but not a direct-sequel. There's a difference. But it is a sequel nonetheless and exists in the same universe. All four of those movies were in the same universe. They even made references to the previous movie. In Returns, they reference Vicki Vale TWICE. As well as the Joker, although not by name. In Forever, they reference Catwoman. As well as the Joker, although not by name. Then they show Jack Napier during the flashback scene. In B&R, well, that movie is a direct-sequel.

well, not really. I believe what he is trying to argue is that Batman Returns is not a true sequel to Batman, and that is true. That is how Burton wanted it.

Bascially thats what I was saying.

No Returns he was casted in. Returns was originally gonna have Two-Face in the movie too getting scared in the face by Catwomen. Would of went the comic book route and just have him get scared by Sal Maroni. Also Billy Dee Williams would of been a great Two-Face. Loved him as Harvey Dent in Batman 89

I know Shreck was originally suppose to be Harvey Dent, and the script was rewritten. But I think BDW would have made a terrible two face. Thank god , apparently they wanted to cast every Batman character that was as a black male. Marlon and Billy Dee good riddance.

I know Shreck was originally suppose to be Harvey Dent, and the script was rewritten. But I think BDW would have made a terrible two face. Thank god , apparently they wanted to cast every Batman character that was as a black male. Marlon and Billy Dee good riddance.

Racists much? Anyways Marlon Wayans could of been a good Robin better then Chris O'Donnell and guy who played Max Shreck could of been a great Two-Face.

Billy Dee would have been cool as Two Face, I have no problem with that. But Marlon as Robin, no thanks.

I agree Billy Dee Willaims would of been a good two face. Isn't Jack Nicholson still getting paid off the Batman films as well because of some clause in his contract in 89?

Willaims got paid off by WB as well when they recast Tommy Lee Jones in Forever. Seems afew actors have been dining off the Bat-meal ticket.

Racists much? Anyways Marlon Wayans could of been a good Robin better then Chris O'Donnell and guy who played Max Shreck could of been a great Two-Face.

This has nothing to do with race. Harvey Dent is a white male, Robin is a white male don't cast black actors to play white people. Kingpin a white guy, who plays him Michael Clark...enough said, it's stupid.

Watch me as I ignore El Payaso and his troll comments, as they all are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"