Marvel Characters Who Could Defeat Thanos Singlehandedly

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
As far as characters in the Marvel lore who could defeat The Mad Titan Thanos by themselves single-handedly if they ever fought him, my list would be:

1- Sentry
2- Jean Grey/Phoenix (X-Men) especially if she taps into her Phoenix form
3- Bruce Banner/Hulk
4- Drax The Destroyer
5- Norrin Radd/Silver Surfer
6- Death (Lady Death herself)
7- Beyonder
8- Legion
9- Beyonder
10- Galactus

How about Star Lord Peter Quill? I mean his dad Ego was a Celestial which makes Peter half Celestial so can't a Celestial being defeat Thanos then single-handedly especially if Peter taps into those powers that Ego had? I don't know maybe I'm wrong especially after watching Volume 2

Or how about Doctor Strange? Can't Stephen defeat Thanos single-handedly too? I mean he is supposed to be a Sorcerer he is supposed to be The Sorcerer Supreme master of the mystic arts

Star Lord has no Celestial powers anymore.

As far as characters in the Marvel lore who could defeat The Mad Titan Thanos by themselves single-handedly if they ever fought him, my list would be:

1- Sentry
3- Bruce Banner/Hulk

4- Drax The Destroyer
7- Beyonder
8- Legion
9- Beyonder
10- Galactus

These characters...absolutely not

Thanos is too durable, has ragdolled Hulk and has a history of casually destroying the Silver Surfer.

In one of their fights, Thanos casually blocked Surfer's energy blast with his hand (no shields) then 3 shot him..and then continued to beat him unconcious to near death.

People think Thanos without the IG isnt even Hulk level?

Thanos fought Odin for 13 pages, the same fight in which Surfer was one shot.

How about Ghost Rider? Johnny Blaze I know he could defeat Thanos alone singlehandedly

He is the Rider...the Devil's creation more or less uses his powers for good and he would be able to wipe Thanos out by staring into his eyes and sucking out his soul literally

Hell even Mephistopheles or Blackheart could defeat Thanos as well

And realistically..no one below Odin, Dormammu/ Skyfather kind of power is beating Thanos.

He clowned Lord Mar-vell who one shot Magus (who took on annihilators), and also decimated the Surfer, Novs and Quasar.

Or how about Blade? The Daywalker he could defeat Thanos too

Or how about any of the X-Men characters like Magneto? Storm? Cyclops? Wolverine? Mystique? Iceman? Rogue?

How about Ghost Rider? Johnny Blaze I know he could defeat Thanos alone singlehandedly

He is the Rider...the Devil's creation more or less uses his powers for good and he would be able to wipe Thanos out by staring into his eyes and sucking out his soul literally

Hell even Mephistopheles or Blackheart could defeat Thanos as well

Again, no.

Thanos is a few tiers above these characters.

Mephisto has a case in his own realm, but no. Ghost Rider or Blackheart cant do anything to Thanos lol

Or how about any of the X-Men characters like Magneto? Storm? Cyclops? Wolverine? Mystique? Iceman? Rogue?

Are you trolling?

Thanos would one shot all of those characters at the same time.

Odin couldnt put him down after 13 pages BEFORE Thanos got an upgrade from death...

What are the Xmen going to do?

Doctor Doom well Victor he probably could defeat Thanos singlehandedly especially if you give him enough prep time

Doctor Doom well Victor he probably could defeat Thanos singlehandedly especially if you give him enough prep time

Doctor Doom would get annihlated by Thanos.

Thanos in canon watches Doom, Doom can't prep against Thanos. Thanos has also been better than Doom at prep.

In Marvel's The End, Doom and Thanos were prepping for the same thing..Doom was trying to take the Pharoah's god power, Thanos was trying to defeat him.

Pharoah caught and killed Doom travelling through time. Thanos went beyond Pharoah, optained the Heart of the Universe and became god..he then destroyed and absorbed the MU.

Do you know anything about these characters?

As I said, no one below Odin is beating Thanos.
Yet you toss out characters weaker than Thor, nevermind Odin.
Do you know how power Odin or any of these characters are?

:huh::huh::huh:

Are you just not at all familiar with Thanos or something? You basically have to be a cosmic entity, a celestial, in possession of something like the Infinity Gauntlet, or Odin tier character to beat Thanos single-handedly.

Totally agree with Jaqua and Spider-Fan on all of this. Thanos is damn powerful

Captain America, obvs.

... Not really, I just want to see steam come out of Jaqua's ears. :gngl:

1- Sentry
3- Bruce Banner/Hulk
4- Drax The Destroyer
7- Beyonder
8- Legion
9- Beyonder
10- Galactus
If Hulk could beat him singlehandedly then IW would seem like a huge fuss over nothing. May as well make him the next Hulk villain rather than a villain that requires all the MCU heroes over the last decade to team up.

Most reality warpers like Franklin Richards, Proteus and Jamie Braddock.

Legion could take him if David is in control of all his personalities and their powers

If we're talking the MCU my guess is Thanos without the Gauntlet is below Dormammu, Surtur, Odin, Ego and maybe Hela. Going by the trailers he's above post-Ragnarok Thor and Vision.

As for the comics we've seen him beat Thor, Hulk and Surfer multiple times. The more powerful versions of those characters (Odin Force Thor, Rune King Thor, Maestro, World Breaker Hulk) might be a different story.
Galactus, Beyonder, Abstracts, Celestials, Phoenix force Jean, Odin, Surtur, Dormammu and reality warpers like Molecule Man, House of M Scarlet Witch, adult Franklin Richards etc should all be comfortably above Thanos.

The list of characters that could definitely beat Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet is a lot shorter. Presumably the One Above All could.

Thanos in canon watches Doom, Doom can't prep against Thanos. Thanos has also been better than Doom at prep.

In Marvel's The End, Doom and Thanos were prepping for the same thing..Doom was trying to take the Pharoah's god power, Thanos was trying to defeat him.

Pharoah caught and killed Doom travelling through time. Thanos went beyond Pharoah, optained the Heart of the Universe and became god..he then destroyed and absorbed the MU.

I know tons about Doom and trust me, given the circumstances, a prepared Doom could conquer anything....lest we forget he has beat Galactus, Beyonder(s), and ripped the heart out of Thanos...just saying, if the writer wants Doom to overpower Thanos, he will...Doom will bring DOOM to all....

I agree. Thanos (when written right, not some idea of a joke where Squirrel-girl takes him out) is not only physically strong and durable, not only enabled with his own set of powers, but is extremely intelligent and a uber-planner. He is more of a mastermind than any other masterminds, but unlike them he can more than physically back it up and get involved, the man just like to scheme and plan. He is so smart and good at planning, he would be a huge threat if he was just a brain in box (again, if written correctly and consistently).

He was one of the few villains who also was always smiling a lot, for like no reason, but you knew when he was smiling and he was looking at you, it was your a$$.

That's why they established a ways back the only reason why he ever really lost, is because he always subconsciously left a back door open for the heroes to have a chance and exploit, as deep down he felt, for whatever reason, he doesn't deserve to win and take over everything. This was something Warlock knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"