Which MCU heroes could defeat DC's Darkseid?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
As far as MCU characters who could defeat the DC equivalent of Thanos, that being Darkseid:

The heroes in Marvel in a fight who could:

- Sentry
- Thor
- Black Bolt
- Silver Surfer
- Hyperion
- Rogue (X Men)
- Doctor Strange
- Hulk
- Scarlet Witch
- Reed Richards/Mr Fantastic
- Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Jean Grey/Phoenix

T'Challa/Black Panther is the last but not least

DC comics characters tend to be ridiculously powerful and even by those standards Darkseid is off the charts. He regularly goes toe to toe with Superman (faster than light, strong enough to bench press planets, durable enough to fly through supernovas etc).

The most powerful Marvel comics heroes (Silver Surfer, Sentry, Thor, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Phoenix etc) could probably put up a fight but none of the film versions are anywhere near that level.

Hulk should've been able to put up more of a fight against Thanos, and should've even had a rematch against him. But he's been seriously nerfed in the MCU, and now as the Professor he's pretty much ineffective. If he can't beat Thanos, there's no hope against Darkseid.

DC comics characters tend to be ridiculously powerful and even by those standards Darkseid is off the charts. He regularly goes toe to toe with Superman (faster than light, strong enough to bench press planets, durable enough to fly through supernovas etc).

The most powerful Marvel comics heroes (Silver Surfer, Sentry, Thor, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Phoenix etc) could probably put up a fight but none of the film versions are anywhere near that level.

There's a one shot Galactus vs Darkseid comic called "The Hunger" Orion fights Silver Surfer, it's great.

Sentry is a character I've never liked, because he's such an obvious Superman pastiche and not particularly interesting - Blue Marvel and Hyperion are much more interesting characters in their own right. Silver Surfer has, and will always be awesome.

Some versions of Darkseid are more powerful than others but generally he's one of the toughest villains in DC comics. Some versions of him are kind of immortal, in that as long as evil exists he exists too.

I find it weird you say that DC's characters are ridiculously powerful, have a look at the most poweful Marvel beings, and DC doesn't really compare ( except maybe the Presence, who's God ).

I suspect Thanos with a full infinity gauntlet would take him out, Galactus, the Celestials ( a single Celestial's might dwarfs even all the Adgardians combined), the Living Tribunal and the Phoenix ( not the super hero but the cosmic force) could probably destroy him. The Beyonder would pick his teeth with Darkseid.

I guess none of those are really "heroes" though. Marvel comics Hela could probably defeat Darkseid, her touch kills anything.

What's a bit funny is that the Impossible Man is one of the most powerful Marvel beings because he can become literally anything- not sure if that would take out Darkseid though.

Doesn't Thor's axe kill Celestials ? maybe he could take out Darkseid, with a lucky shot although he'd have to survive the Omega effect, which he probably wouldn't.

OH wait, there's another awesome one shot crossover, Xmen/Teen Titans who face Darkseid and Dark Phoenix - drawn by Walt Simonson, who was legendary for his run on Thor. Anyway, that answers the question about Darkseid vs Phoenix.

I reckon the original Defenders : Silver Surfer, Dr Strange, Hulk and Namor could give him a run for his money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"