Marvel Reveals Infinity Gauntlet From Thor

DarkSuperman

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/infinity-gauntlet.jpg

More details about Marvel’s Thor emerged today at Comic-Con International with the unveiling of the Infinity Gauntlet, the glove crafted in the comics by Thanos to harness the power of the Infinity Gems. Just how the Gauntlet and the sentient Gems — and, perhaps, the Mad Titan himself — fit into the film remains to be seen.

A quick primer: Created by Jim Starlin, Thanos is a Death-obsessed Eternal bent on genocide and galactic conquest. The Infinity Gems — initially called the Soul Gems — are six immensely powerful stones, each granting its bearer with mastery over one aspect of the universe: Mind, Reality, Time, Space, Soul and Power. Combined on the Infinity Gauntlet, they make the user omnipotent.

Loki has possessed the Infinity Gems in Marvel comics, so there’s a decent chance that the god of mischief could be wearing the Gauntlet in Kenneth Branaugh’s film.

Opening on May 6, 2011, Thor stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Jamie Alexander and Anthony Hopkins.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/25/cci-marvel-reveals-infinity-gauntlet-from-thor/

Didnt see this posted anywhere yet. Cool, huh? :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, very cool. Also scary that Loki might be wielding it.

Maybe it's not part of the main plot and leads into Avengers.

This is one thing I DID NOT expect.

I always liked playing that marvel superheroes fighting game where you could randomly acquire the gems and use their powers! Soooooooo fun....

Imagine a kick ass scene in the Avengers where one of the heroes uses one of the gems, like power or reality...soooooo sweet.

INFINITY!

[YT]ivxdxmNlnvc[/YT]

Last edited:
I guess we're going to need to add Wendell Vaughn to run Project Pegasus. We've got Thor's Hammer, The Cosmic Cube and now the Infinity Gaunlet I wonder what else they have.

I guess we're going to need to add Wendell Vaughn to run Project Pegasus. We've got Thor's Hammer, The Cosmic Cube and now the Infinity Gaunlet I wonder what else they have.

I know right? If you had told my 8 year old self that one day I'd be seeing a movie with the infinity gauntlet and cosmic cubes in it I wouldn't have believed it. :woot:

This is all super comic-y stuff. you always expect them to screw that stuff up in the translation from page to screen, sorta like the lack of supernatural cool in the batman franchise, no Lazarus pits.

Marvel Does it RIGHT. :applaud

whoa
Avengers 2: Infinity Gauntlet....plzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Really, really cool stuff!

Incase anybody doesn't know what the gems do. :D

Capabilities

Time Gem--Total control over past, present and future. Total control over all aspects of time including time travel; stop, slow down, or speed up flow of time; accelerate or slow down aging, see into past/future and can also be used as a weapon by trapping enemies or entire worlds in unending loops of time.

Space Gem--Travel through space, mostly through teleportation. Able to interfere with the motion of other objects. Allows the user to exist in any location (or all locations), move any object anywhere throughout the universe and warp or rearrange space.

Soul Gem--Observe, attack, steal, manipulate and alter souls, living or dead. The gem is the gateway to an idyllic, pocket-universe. Also used to devolve artificial organisms back into a primitive state.

Reality Gem--Alters reality to anything the user wishes.

Power Gem--Virtually limitless strength, durability, and energy manipulation. This gem contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can back the other gems and boost their effects. It allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible.

Mind Gem--Virtually limitless psionic abilities including telepathy and telekinesis. Backed by the Power Gem, it is possible to access all minds in existence simultaneously

I made a little squeeeeeee sound when I saw it earlier. Too cool. :up:

the company that made it also made the Infinity Sword

I wonder if this is going to be in a trophy room, or in Odins throne room..
I don't see them really using it, but I hope it's visible on screen. Awesome!:wow:

I swear to God,I will mark out if Thanos found his way into an Avengers movie,more so than my brother marked out back in 1992 when the Ultimate Warrior returned at Wrestlemania VIII to Help Hulk Hogan out,running in the house yelling out pretty loud.

Infinity Gauntlet in an Avengers movie? Now that's a threat to team up against!!

So what's this thing, then? Haven't read comics since I was a kid, so all this talk of Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet has left me lost. Sounds very comic book-y which is cool.

So I assume majority of the movie is Thor and Natalie Portman finding the six soul gems of the Gauntlet before Loki.

Basically Thanos gathered the six Infinity Gems onto his glove, called it the Infinity Gauntlet, which caused him to become all powerful and he decided to destroy a bunch of **** so Death would fall in love with him

Basically Thanos gathered the six Infinity Gems onto his glove, called it the Infinity Gauntlet, which caused him to become all powerful and he decided to destroy a bunch of **** so Death would fall in love with him
That..... might not fly with the GA for Avengers.

I'm sure the Death stuff would be cut from any film adaptation. He'd just be the all-powerful cosmic villain

Very cool. Was not expecting this.

I believe its inclusion will be scaled down from the source history, but still a fangasm no matter how its done.

Ok I'm usually the type of user who only comes to look and never bothers to post comments...BUT THIS **** IS TOO DAMN AWESOME!

Btw I just went to wiki for a quick refresh on Thanos and I read this:

The character first appears in Iron Man #55 (Feb. 1973), and is established as a "cosmic villain". Thanos forms a plan that spans multiple titles, including Captain Marvel #25–33 (bi-monthly: Mar. 1972 - July 1974), with cameo appearances in Daredevil #107 (Jan. 1974) and Avengers #125 (July 1974) and a one-shot story in Logan's Run #6 (June 1977). Wishing to conquer the galaxy, the character builds a base on Earth, constructs a space vessel that acts as a "universal translator" for his huge army of alien mercenaries, and begins an obsessive quest for an item called the Cosmic Cube, which can make wishes a reality. Thanos eventually locates the Cube, and wills it to becomes omnipotent and easily defeats Earth's heroes, but makes the mistake of discarding what he believes to be a now-drained Cube. Captain Marvel shatters the Cube, which undoes Thanos' wish. Thanos then discovers that Death has abandoned him as result of his defeat, and retreats.[5]

We know the cosmic cube is in Captain America so this pretty much confirms Thanos is the villain for avengers. Again...THIS **** IS TOO DAMN AWESOME!

I am 100% convinced the guantlet will be used in the final scene in thor, THAT is the reason why the heroes have to team up in avengers.
thanos the main villian in avengers? OH. MY. GOSH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"