Marvel Studios’ SDCC 2022 Hall H Panel - Predictions & Discussion Thread

Even as someone who didn't like BP, that BP2 trailer was so damn strong.

Shazam 2 looks fun.

Black Adam still looks meh.

Surprised that Marvel's released SO much info about future phases. Perhaps somewhat in response to criticism that the current one has felt aimless?

So The Flash... just doesn't exist right now, right?

Last edited:
Hmmm as usual, there would be delays.

I eXpect Secret Wars to come out in May 2026.

I would think it is someone that is involved in some solos or around the studio. Even Whedon was involved around the other movies before A1.
Don't think Gunn or Coogler will and really hope not Taika.

Maybe ones of those empty dates will be for Eternals 2?

Did any outlets at San Diego ask Feige about mutants after the Ms Marvel reveal? It's weird the lack of mention about that.

I'm expecting Phase 6 empty spots to be:

X-Men
Shang-Chi 2
Eternals 2
Spider-Man 4
Scarlett Witch
Dr. Strange 3
Deadpool 3
Nova

We'll get Armor Wars as part of Phase 5, and maybe a Young Avengers.

Phase 5 is looking petty flat for me in terms of excitement.

Ant-Man: Quantumania - Ok. I haven’t been running to check out the AM stuff, I enjoyed the first one, the second I don’t think I saw it, so for the third I’ll just wait and see.

D+ Secret Invasion - Don’t know. Gotta see more.

GOTG 3 - Loved the 1st, disliked the 2nd and hope the 3rd is more in line with the first and wraps thing up nicely.

D+ Echo - Saw a little of the Hawkeye series but basically skipped the rest. Know little about the character.

The Marvels -
The first film was fine for a Phase 1 sort of thing, just that it came of on Phase 3 and it was sandwiched between the Infinity’s saga conclusion. They seem to bringing more CM-like characters to the mix which is fine, I’m just not that interested.

D+ Loki
- Probably my favorite D+ series. Unfortunately and so far it didn’t add up to much or anything for that matter with the overall MCU, even though it had massive implications… let’s see where they go with the second season.

Blade
- I really liked the first and second Blade so I’m actually excited to see what they do here and if they can recapture some of that Wesley Snipes magic.

D+ Ironheart
- Haven’t hear much about this.

Last edited:
Also…

D+ Agatha: Coven of Chaos - I think I’ll pass.

D+ Daredevil - Lets see how they reinvent this.

Captain America: New World Order - Good tittle. Chris Evans coming back… The concept of the Falcon as the new CA hasn’t done anything for me so far. Haven’t seen the series either.

Thunderbolts - Don’t know what’s it about.

Is he really? I don't see any discussion about that.
Wasn’t it announced already? I thought it was.
If not I think we can safely assume that is going to be case.

Wasn’t it announced already? I thought it was.
If not I think we can safely assume that is going to be case.

I live on the other side of the world and my only reliable source for SDCC is this site :D so yeah, I don't see any confirmation that Evans is coming back.

The only thing I read as of late, is that Chris Evan confirming that Sam Wilson is Captain America.

Of course he would come out and say that and he’s right. One thing doesn’t exclude the other. Then again it’s a pretty safe bet he’s going to be in CA4 in some capacity. Marvel won’t wa$t€ that opportunity.

The character is aging in a moon base, Fury was also contained in that and he came back. To think that they won’t bring back Evans the same way is a bit naive, also taking into account that he isn’t doing much with his own career either, outside of that very profitable role…

I'm hopeful Evans will return in a MCU movie again. I'm guessing maybe in Secret Wars where the multiverses will collide.

But, you could be right. If anything maybe as old man Steve.

If marvel can get Evans back, sure they would love to have him as a supporting character to Sam. But Evans literally retired from acting, didn't he? It's not even remotely a guarantee he comes back again.

pretty underwhelmed besides the Wakanda trailer. The only news for me was, that there will be 2 Avengers movie in one year

So there still is one yet to be announced movie for 2024.
It could be for Deadpool.

Still weird it wasn't included in Phase 5 map.
If marvel can get Evans back, sure they would love to have him as a supporting character to Sam. But Evans literally retired from acting, didn't he? It's not even remotely a guarantee he comes back again.

Retired?

Didn't he just appear in Lightyear and that NetfliX movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"