Marvel Studios’ SDCC 2022 Hall H Panel - Predictions & Discussion Thread

If marvel can get Evans back, sure they would love to have him as a supporting character to Sam. But Evans literally retired from acting, didn't he? It's not even remotely a guarantee he comes back again.
I think he wanted to do smaller things and direct.
If he was to comeback though he wouldn't have to get in crazy shape like before, because Old Steve.

I think he wanted to do smaller things and direct.
If he was to comeback though he wouldn't have to get in crazy shape like before, because Old Steve.
Chris Evans has always been fit though, like in F4 movies and that teen spoof movie.

Phase 5 is looking petty flat for me in terms of excitement.

Ant-Man: Quantumania - Ok. I haven’t been running to check out the AM stuff, I enjoyed the first one, the second I don’t think I saw it, so for the third I’ll just wait and see.

D+ Secret Invasion - Don’t know. Gotta see more.

GOTG 3 - Loved the 1st, disliked the 2nd and hope the 3rd is more in line with the first and wraps thing up nicely.

D+ Echo - Saw a little of the Hawkeye series but basically skipped the rest. Know little about the character.

The Marvels -
The first film was fine for a Phase 1 sort of thing, just that it came of on Phase 3 and it was sandwiched between the Infinity’s saga conclusion. They seem to bringing more CM-like characters to the mix which is fine, I’m just not that interested.

D+ Loki
- Probably my favorite D+ series. Unfortunately and so far it didn’t add up to much or anything for that matter with the overall MCU, even though it had massive implications… let’s see where they go with the second season.

Blade
- I really liked the first and second Blade so I’m actually excited to see what they do here and if they can recapture some of that Wesley Snipes magic.

D+ Ironheart
- Haven’t hear much about this.
Also…

D+ Agatha: Coven of Chaos - I think I’ll pass.

D+ Daredevil - Lets see how they reinvent this.

Captain America: New World Order - Good tittle. Chris Evans coming back… The concept of the Falcon as the new CA hasn’t done anything for me so far. Haven’t seen the series either.

Thunderbolts - Don’t know what’s it about.

I enjoy the Ant-Man movies and character because Rudd so I am looking forward to that. Probably his last time in the role or Avengers will be but he is close to 60. I assume they will make Cassie into a hero or something but not into that.

Secret Invasion should be good and important probably the only D+ show I will have interest in.

GOTG 3 should be emotional as it is the last one with this team. Having heard the Baby Rocket thing in the trailer, it feels like they either set him up to sacrifice himself since he has not always been a team player or they will have him lead the new team.

so it has a strong start for me early but falls off as Blade becomes the next thing I have interest in. I expect Loki 2 to deal with Kang Dynasty though as he is in that time possibly and whatever happens in Ant-Man 3 maybe watching Loki won't feel like homework.

Ironheart will be in BP2 so that will decide my interest, though it will likely need to be watched for the Armor Wars series with Rhodes.

I have minimal interest in the ending of that phase unless Rogers does appear. I guess Thunderbolts will be whatever Val is putting together. Not sure they deserve a movie, seems Sucide Squadish and never been a fan of that format.

Chris Evans has always been fit though, like in F4 movies and that teen spoof movie.
I know but hasn't he said in the past it can be exhausting to constantly be in Steve Rogers/MCU shape and his body does not prefer it?

I enjoy the Ant-Man movies and character because Rudd so I am looking forward to that. Probably his last time in the role or Avengers will be but he is close to 60. I assume they will make Cassie into a hero or something but not into that.

Secret Invasion should be good and important probably the only D+ show I will have interest in.

GOTG 3 should be emotional as it is the last one with this team. Having heard the Baby Rocket thing in the trailer, it feels like they either set him up to sacrifice himself since he has not always been a team player or they will have him lead the new team.

so it has a strong start for me early but falls off as Blade becomes the next thing I have interest in. I expect Loki 2 to deal with Kang Dynasty though as he is in that time possibly and whatever happens in Ant-Man 3 maybe watching Loki won't feel like homework.

Ironheart will be in BP2 so that will decide my interest, though it will likely need to be watched for the Armor Wars series with Rhodes.

I have minimal interest in the ending of that phase unless Rogers does appear. I guess Thunderbolts will be whatever Val is putting together. Not sure they deserve a movie, seems Sucide Squadish and never been a fan of that format.

I am cautious and a little nervous about whether the movie will actually do them justice, especially since marvel recently released a new comic mini-series that basically was nothing more than a marvel version of the Suicide Squad, but as a huge Thunderbolts fan if that movie is done right it should not be even remotely like the Suicide Squad.

What really worries me about Quantumania is that I fear it won't have the feel of the first one (which I love) and since the Quantum Realm is featured heavily... oh my God is gonna be a green screen nightmare with actors in a warehouse surrounded with fake environments for the entire thing!

So just to clarify, and make sure ive been reading it right…
Is Phase six really only a year long? November 2024 to November 2025 right? Thats a lot to ask of both the creative teams, and of audiences. I dont think I can afford 5-6 theater trips in a year.

So just to clarify, and make sure ive been reading it right…
Is Phase six really only a year long? November 2024 to November 2025 right? Thats a lot to ask of both the creative teams, and of audiences. I dont think I can afford 5-6 theater trips in a year.
Well we had 4 Mcu movies from July 2021 to December 2021.

Also, we have to consider delays and changes. I didn't eXpect F4 to be the final 2024 film. So phasiX could eXtend to 2026. That gap between Avengers 5 and 6 is so short so who knows if they would stick with that.

Phase 1 - 4 Years Long
Phase 2 - 2 Years Long
Phase 3 - 3 Years Long
Phase 4 - 2 Years Long
Phase 5 - 1 1/2 Years Long
Phase 6 - 1 Year Long?

I'm guessing phase 6 is gonna have some compelling stuff being so short. Hopefully stuff isn't rushed.

I'm not sure why they divided the next few years into multiple phases. Considering that an Avengers movie has always marked the end of a phase, 2021-2025 should all just be considered phase 4.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure the phases have gotten shorter due to the amount of projects actually happening. They might be shorter but they are way more dense.

Phase 1 - 4 Years Long
Phase 2 - 2 Years Long
Phase 3 - 3 Years Long
Phase 4 - 2 Years Long
Phase 5 - 1 1/2 Years Long
Phase 6 - 1 Year Long?

I'm guessing phase 6 is gonna have some compelling stuff being so short. Hopefully stuff isn't rushed.
Its 1 year because they are ending it with Avengers 6.

Well with so many movies and shows, they could definitely eXtend it to 2028 but that isn't the case.

I'm not sure why they divided the next few years into multiple phases. Considering that an Avengers movie has always marked the end of a phase, 2021-2025 should all just be considered phase 4.
Its probably because if they didn't divide it into 3 phases, phase 4 would have like 20 movies and 20 shows and thats just overkill compare to phase 1 to 3.

With these divisions, at least phase 4 to 6 almost have the same amount of movies compare to phase 1 and 2. Add the shows, its close to phase 3's 11.

Phase 1 - 6 movies
Phase 2 - 6 movies
Phase 3 - 11 movies
Phase 4 - 7 movies + 7 shows = 14
Phase 5 - 6 movies + 6 shows = 12
Phase 6 - 5 movies + 6 shows = 11

The cartoons/shorts/Xpecials are eXcluded in the countings.

I know but hasn't he said in the past it can be exhausting to constantly be in Steve Rogers/MCU shape and his body does not prefer it?
Yes but I think that is referring to TFA Cap shape where he was a lot more bulky.

What did everyone think of the trailer for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever ?

I highly doubt, Secret Wars will stay in that November slot.
You can’t go bigger than Secret Wars, and they’ll probably shift it to the prime slot being May of the following year.
Even if the cliffhanger might be big, they can put 3 movies and TV series between those 2 Avengers movies and increase the stakes (more involvement of Mutants perhaps)

Just like in the past, things would change, move, shift, delay, forgotten, whatever.

I'm just curious who on Disney had the guts to put two Avenger movies in the same year. For some, that could be too close and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"