She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

Who's the character in the green and yellow power rangers suit at 1:23 in the clip?

Wait a second.....

the guy flexing to Jennifer while she's speedating......I think that's former WWE wrestler (and Jennifer Hudson's ex) David Otunga

Sheeesh. That looks so low budget for Marvel Studios.

And why include Attorney at Law in the title.... that is so bad.

The show itself looks fun, but She-Hulk's CGI reminds me of this Terminator toy set I had as a kid.

pBcKG5R.png

She looks like she's been encased in a green rubber mold.

I wonder how much Wong we will see, because there wasn't enough of him in Multiverse of Madness.

Also, my basic run through of Jennifer Walters via Google: "Bruce Banner's cousin who is an attorney and also a superhero."

Attorney at Law could have been a tagline for the poster. It just icks me, that it was just She-Hulk before but there's now three eXtra words in the title and a colon. I just don't like having a subtitle for the first film/series/project similar to Captain America/Shang-Chi/Spider-Man.

I hope the show takes place in Los Angeles as it would be different than what we are used to.

The poster has downtown LA in the background (and palm trees). Question is, will that location be at the end of the season or the main location throughout.

I can't see it being based in NYC, because Jennifer has never been mentioned or seen in the MCU, so I'm thinking it means she's been out west the entire time.

The car accident in the trailer might be Jennifer & why she needs the transfusion from Bruce, but that didn't look like SoCal, so I'm sure there will be multiple locations...from that tropical island to wherever that max prison is.

The CGI/visuals don’t look all that good, but other than that I liked the trailer. It’s more comedic than I had anticipated

Extremely dodgy CGI aside, looks like fun to me. Tatiana seems like she’ll fit this role like a glove. I just hope they keep working on that CGI because as it is right now, it’s actually distracting, imo.

Um...Idk what I was expecting but.....I feel like I wasnt expecting that. CGI wise at least. I've loved She-Hulk since the 90s animated Hulk series but this just looks.....awkward. And I think part of the characters greatness is that she was able to handle the two whereas her cousin...couldnt.

Wait a second.....

the guy flexing to Jennifer while she's speedating......I think that's former WWE wrestler (and Jennifer Hudson's ex) David Otunga

I think you mean ex I Love New York contestant.
6jDZ.gif

I hate *****ing about CGI, but in this day and age you can't pass off a motion capture performance looking like that. She has floating dead eyes.

I think story wise, this could be fun. Something light for 30 something single people like me (that Tinder swipe shot hurts my soul lol) but if I didn't know Marvel, I would have thought it's a SyFy or Comedy Central show. It just doesn't look very polished. Like I wish they filmed it like a theatrical comedy movie, than your regular sitcom.

The chances of the CGI for this show not being dodgy were always slim to none.

Anyway I hope this becomes Marvel's Harvey Birdman.

I'll still give the pilot a shot, but if it doesn't grab me than I'm probably going to skip out on the rest of this because it honestly just doesn't look like its going to be for me.

Hopefully, it ends up being better than it looks but I'm already getting Ant-Man & The Wasp 2.0 vibes from this and I wasn't a fan of the sitcomish humor in that movie either.

Also, I feel like I've given Marvel plenty of passes in the past when it comes to them relying too heavily on dodgy CGI, but even I have to admit that it just doesn't look good at all here.

Is this the best effects work by Marvel Studios? No, but we have seen things like this in many of their movies. I am willing to bet the fact it is a series, thus longer run time, and general effects houses being overbooked due to Covid delays are contributing factors. Either way, yeah they look bad. But I can overlook it if the show is fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"