Marvel TV Series Marvel Studios' WAR MACHINE - Disney + Original

Reaction score
We Got This Covered has been informed that Marvel’s developing a War Machine TV series for the Disney Plus streaming service. With Tom Hiddleston returning for Loki, Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany coming back for WandaVision and Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan set to star in Falcon and Winter Soldier, it’s not a surprise to hear that Don Cheadle is expected to reprise his role in the series.

Marvel Developing War Machine TV Series With Don Cheadle

I could see his arc beginning with a take on Armor Wars and eventually having him move on to either Camp Hammond or Omega Flight

He's got a lot of projects lined up. Black Monday season 2 should start filming in a few months.

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't move forward, especially there's no official announcement about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't move forward, especially there's no official announcement about it.

I think it's more likely he'll be an occasional character in a couple of the other Disney+ series but i really would like to see him get a story arc of his own.

BTW are you going to do one of these threads for the Hulk&She-Hulk and Sif rumours?

I could see his arc beginning with a take on Armor Wars and eventually having him move on to either Camp Hammond or Omega Flight

Armor Wars was so specific to Tony Stark though, because it was technology he personally invented that was being used by others for evil. I don't want that applied to Rhodey.

Take a different arc from a War Machine story instead of ripping off Iron Man. Or from the period when Rhodey was Iron Man.

Armor Wars was so specific to Tony Stark though, because it was technology he personally invented that was being used by others for evil. I don't want that applied to Rhodey.

Take a different arc from a War Machine story instead of ripping off Iron Man. Or from the period when Rhodey was Iron Man.

I dunno, I think Rhodey tracking down stolen Stark tech to prevent Stark being remembered as the man who built the tech that is being used by super-villains would be a good angle.

I dunno, I think Rhodey tracking down stolen Stark tech to prevent Stark being remembered as the man who built the tech that is being used by super-villains would be a good angle.

Tony wasn't merely tracking these down though. He invented tech to completely neutralise these people and went outside the law. He came into conflict with Cap US, which was like a precursor to Civil War.

For Rhodey it just wouldn't be as personal to him. Why is he even tracking these people down? Pepper could easily do it, or one of the other Avengers since they remember Tony as a hero who made a huge sacrifice.

For Tony, it's because he felt personally responsible for indirectly supplying these criminals with his tech.

I think it's more likely he'll be an occasional character in a couple of the other Disney+ series but i really would like to see him get a story arc of his own.

BTW are you going to do one of these threads for the Hulk&She-Hulk and Sif rumours?
Consider it done!

My hope for the netflix series as a whole is they're going to increase the number of extant teams in the mcu ...... Young Avengers, a version of the West Coast team featuring phase 1&2 characters and bringing in some new ones later, and possibly omega Flight, plus i think Camp Hammond will have a role to play at some point.

Who would even be a villain of a war machine series? I still want to se Ezekiel stane but I think if he appeared here people would think they’re just rehashing the first iron man movie. Living laser would be fun

Who would even be a villain of a war machine series? I still want to se Ezekiel stane but I think if he appeared here people would think they’re just rehashing the first iron man movie. Living laser would be fun

Stiltman,
Stingray,
Beetle,
Mandroids&Guardsmen,
Crimson Dynamo&Titanium Man,
Firepower

...that's your 6 episodes right there

If its similar to the Netflix shows, we'd lucky to get 2 villains under six episodes that is already in their signature look.

If its similar to the Netflix shows, we'd lucky to get 2 villains under six episodes that is already in their signature look.

That was Netflix's thing.
Expect the same degree of character development as those shows but the same degree of comic-book cool as the films.
These aren't outsourced productions, this is the MCU proper.

The Netflix shows were under Marvel Television and ABC Studios, both owned by Disney, so I don't think they were outsourced.

Stiltman,
Stingray,
Beetle,
Mandroids&Guardsmen,
Crimson Dynamo&Titanium Man,
Firepower

...that's your 6 episodes right there

Stingray would be fun. I’m still hoping crimson dynamo might pop up in a black widow movie

I'm down for a war machine show as long as they don't go the alien warwear armour route.

Rae Lacoste as love interest

I'm down for a war machine show as long as they don't go the alien warwear armour route.

Rae Lacoste as love interest

I forget who she was. Was she a PR agent in Iron Man? No wait. That was Marcy Pearson. Wasn't Rae a hairdresser who gave Tony that terrible 80s perm?

I'm in for this. Cheadle has earned some solo attention. Lets bring back Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer along with it.

I'm definitely up for seeing Cheadle do a War Machine series, not so bothered about giving screen time to Justin Hammer when there are more Iron Man & War Machine villains to explore

so is it just rumored or is there far more on this? I wanna see this ASAP.

If Marvel are willing to throw some Iron Man villains in the is then I want to see Spymaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"