The Defenders Marvel Working With Netflix and ABC on Additional Series.

I think She-Hulk should be an hour too. It couldn't be purely a sitcom. There still needs to be action and a plot going on, not just random situation comedy like in Friends where people are hanging out at a coffee place.

Ally McBeal was an hour. It was billed as a comedy, but not a sitcom and didn't have a laughter track. It was a quirky show with legal plots, although some did border on the ridiculous. She-Hulk would also probably have to be a legal show but she also does some "investigating" or crime busting too as her superheroic self.

I'm sure they'd want to save on special effects and not have her She-Hulk the whole time, so there would be a lot of it where she's just Jennifer Walters doing some legal stuff.

But I would also want some drama, because I don't want it to be completely like John Byrne's Sensational She-Hulk run. I feel that went too far with her breaking the fourth wall and having ridiculous, whimsical adventures. I preferred how she was portrayed when she was in Fantastic Four, which was also by Byrne, but she was more toned down and not meeting up with Howard the Duck or other quacks.

Probably it would be closest to Slott's run, although I don't really like some of his take. And I certainly didn't like Juan Bobillo's artwork which was absolutely terrible for a sexy female like her. Completely unsuitable. But Slott's concept was a bit similar to Ally McBeal where she also worried about the same sorts of things (eg singleness, her biological clock etc).

I wasn't as thrilled with Elodie Yung as others were, but even if she had been jaw dropping, shifting the war with the Hand to Tokyo is just window dressing for another season of Daredevil, but with a woman, and without Daredevil. Better to send Matt over there. There's a reason a Punisher series was called for and not an Elektra series.

Matt won't leave New York. It's his neighborhood. The entire last episode of season 2 was him and Elektra talking about going off together and that he never would as Hells Kitchen/NYC is his home and he won't ever leave it.

As for the reason of a Punisher series before an Elektra one... She was killed at the end of season 2. They aren't going to bring her back in her own series and ruin any sort of tension they have right now as her role as the Black Sky is the set up for bringing the Defenders together.

I think She-Hulk should be an hour too. It couldn't be purely a sitcom. There still needs to be action and a plot going on, not just random situation comedy like in Friends where people are hanging out at a coffee place.

Ally McBeal was an hour. It was billed as a comedy, but not a sitcom and didn't have a laughter track. It was a quirky show with legal plots, although some did border on the ridiculous. She-Hulk would also probably have to be a legal show but she also does some "investigating" or crime busting too as her superheroic self.

I'm sure they'd want to save on special effects and not have her She-Hulk the whole time, so there would be a lot of it where she's just Jennifer Walters doing some legal stuff.

But I would also want some drama, because I don't want it to be completely like John Byrne's Sensational She-Hulk run. I feel that went too far with her breaking the fourth wall and having ridiculous, whimsical adventures. I preferred how she was portrayed when she was in Fantastic Four, which was also by Byrne, but she was more toned down and not meeting up with Howard the Duck or other quacks.

Probably it would be closest to Slott's run, although I don't really like some of his take. And I certainly didn't like Juan Bobillo's artwork which was absolutely terrible for a sexy female like her. Completely unsuitable. But Slott's concept was a bit similar to Ally McBeal where she also worried about the same sorts of things (eg singleness, her biological clock etc).

Wow yes, Ally McBeal is a much better example of an hour long comedy about a female lawyer. I think the elements from Slotts run to make her a normal chick are really important, especially for mining comedy. I really need the fourth wall break though, as, like, a narrative device. She-Hulk should have a friendship with the audience. We are her homegirls, for lack of a better term. I'd also like to see drama involved, and some crime solving/crime fighting, but it really should be played for comedy. I mean... this is She-Hulk, the people she's running into are not relevant to her physically, except when they are, which makes for an even more epic (and hilarious) reversal.

Matt won't leave New York. It's his neighborhood. The entire last episode of season 2 was him and Elektra talking about going off together and that he never would as Hells Kitchen/NYC is his home and he won't ever leave it.

As for the reason of a Punisher series before an Elektra one... She was killed at the end of season 2. They aren't going to bring her back in her own series and ruin any sort of tension they have right now as her role as the Black Sky is the set up for bringing the Defenders together.

I remember that conversation, and he definitely promised to go with her. That's how I knew for sure she was going to die, actually. I thought Defenders was more around Sigourney Weaver's character as a villain, and not Elektra. I think her lack of series is just a lack of demand, and the people that really dug Elektra, who were introduced to her in that show, like her *with Matt* and while Matt is much averse to leaving NYC, if Elektra and The Hand want him in Tokyo, that's not something they need his permission to make happen. It's very much valid as a story option if they for, whatever reason, don't want to explore the Hand in NYC anymore. I don't think it's about tension, as they put her in the resurrection pot. You know she'll be back, and that works as a great tease for DD3.

It's not that Elektra's not a great character who is capable of being a fascinating solo adventurer. She is all of those things, as comics have proven. However, in this adaptation, in this context, her solo adventures don't seem to warrant a new Netflix series, and there are other female heroes who do.

Well I don't think she needs to continually break the fourth wall like Deadpool. After all, She-Hulk doesn't do that in other comics and with other interactions with the Marvel Universe. She never did that in Fantastic Four or Avengers or in her original run.

She could break the fourth wall like Kevin Spacey does in House of Cards where he just does it occasionally, but still continues with the rest of the plot. Or like Sex and the City. Carrie did that in the first season, although they phased it out later on, but she did address the audience early on every now and then, just like Spacey in House of Cards.

I don't want it too zany though. A series like Limitless (which was cancelled after one season) is an example of how I wouldn't want She-Hulk to be. That was like a live-action version of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon at times, even with two versions of him either tempting him to do something or dissuading him from taking the wrong action. I don't want to see that in She-Hulk. And that wasn't the worst of it. It sometimes got rather weird as the show progressed to the point where it became unwatchable.

The style of Ally McBeal I could handle, because although that had some fantasy elements and comedy, was never quite as far out as Limitless. And there was still a realism and groundedness about her character despite all the ridiculous elements, which became much less so with Limitless where he didn't even seem like a real or relatable person towards the end of the first season.

And I think it could take a page out of Sex and the City, as mentioned above. That has many of the same themes the underpined Ally McBeal, although it was far less fantasy-like. But it was well written and really quite thoughtful. The style of comedy might actually be better for She-Hulk than Ally McBeal.

Last edited:
I remember that conversation, and he definitely promised to go with her. That's how I knew for sure she was going to die, actually. I thought Defenders was more around Sigourney Weaver's character as a villain, and not Elektra. I think her lack of series is just a lack of demand, and the people that really dug Elektra, who were introduced to her in that show, like her *with Matt* and while Matt is much averse to leaving NYC, if Elektra and The Hand want him in Tokyo, that's not something they need his permission to make happen. It's very much valid as a story option if they for, whatever reason, don't want to explore the Hand in NYC anymore. I don't think it's about tension, as they put her in the resurrection pot. You know she'll be back, and that works as a great tease for DD3.

It's not that Elektra's not a great character who is capable of being a fascinating solo adventurer. She is all of those things, as comics have proven. However, in this adaptation, in this context, her solo adventures don't seem to warrant a new Netflix series, and there are other female heroes who do.

You realize that the Hand is one of the main villains for The Defenders miniseries. The first teaser had Stick talking and his only mission is to take them down. Iron Fist, in the MCU lore, is the sworn energy of the Hand and they have hinted that he knows what's really coming to NYC in regards to the Hand. And while Sigourney is the big bad, people assume she's tied to the Hand. I even figure she's the person that donated the money to the hospital in season 2 when they were doing the autopsy of the Hand kid and got it swept under the rug. It seems like The Hand is going to be pretty much wrapped up by the end of the miniseries and that could be something to lead Elektra down a path of redemption or something that could lead for an interesting series.

Well I don't think she needs to continually break the fourth wall like Deadpool. After all, She-Hulk doesn't do that in other comics and with other interactions with the Marvel Universe. She never did that in Fantastic Four or Avengers or in her original run.

She could break the fourth wall like Kevin Spacey does in House of Cards where he just does it occasionally, but still continues with the rest of the plot. Or like Sex and the City. Carrie did that in the first season, although they phased it out later on, but she did address the audience early on every now and then, just like Spacey in House of Cards.

I don't want it too zany though. A series like Limitless (which was cancelled after one season) is an example of how I wouldn't want She-Hulk to be. That was like a live-action version of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon at times, even with two versions of him either tempting him to do something or dissuading him from taking the wrong action. I don't want to see that in She-Hulk. And that wasn't the worst of it. It sometimes got rather weird as the show progressed to the point where it became unwatchable.

The style of Ally McBeal I could handle, because although that had some fantasy elements and comedy, was never quite as far out as Limitless. And there was still a realism and groundedness about her character despite all the ridiculous elements, which became much less so with Limitless where he didn't even seem like a real or relatable person towards the end of the first season.

And I think it could take a page out of Sex and the City, as mentioned above. That has many of the same themes the underpined Ally McBeal, although it was far less fantasy-like. But it was well written and really quite thoughtful. The style of comedy might actually be better for She-Hulk than Ally McBeal.

House of Cards sounds spot on. That.

I couldn't get into Limitless. I just didn't like the guy, and I was preparing for what I saw from the films but they did some "every guy is different" which basically means "it's not like the films." I never actually watched Sex and the City, so I can't comment on that, but what you're describing works.

You realize that the Hand is one of the main villains for The Defenders miniseries. The first teaser had Stick talking and his only mission is to take them down. Iron Fist, in the MCU lore, is the sworn energy of the Hand and they have hinted that he knows what's really coming to NYC in regards to the Hand. And while Sigourney is the big bad, people assume she's tied to the Hand. I even figure she's the person that donated the money to the hospital in season 2 when they were doing the autopsy of the Hand kid and got it swept under the rug. It seems like The Hand is going to be pretty much wrapped up by the end of the miniseries and that could be something to lead Elektra down a path of redemption or something that could lead for an interesting series.

That's a good point, I guess the Hand will play a big role in Defenders. But... how does wrapping up the Hand open the door for an interesting Elektra series? If she's not dealing with the Hand... who are we talking about? What interests you about such a series? Because to me it sounds like: "Remember that girl who was so great as a dark romance in Daredevil and got caught up with the Hand! Yeah, it's her, but with none of the stuff that made her interesting before."

House of Cards sounds spot on. That.

I couldn't get into Limitless. I just didn't like the guy, and I was preparing for what I saw from the films but they did some "every guy is different" which basically means "it's not like the films." I never actually watched Sex and the City, so I can't comment on that, but what you're describing works.

I don't know how much of Limitless you saw, but it got more over the top and completely off the wall as it went on. So what you may have seen at the beginning was relatively tame compared to what it evolved into later on. It became so surreal and really very similar to the Ultimate Spider-Man toon. Anyone just switching it on at that point would've thought "what is this crazy show?"

Now maybe that might suit what Sensational She-Hulk was sometimes, but I definitely wouldn't want that tone. Ally McBeal is definitely a better tone for them to take if they're going the more comedy route, mixed with Sex and the City.

And it would make a refreshing change from some of the other female heroines on the small screen at the moment who all seem to be very serious and dour: shows like Blindspot, Frequency, etc. Supergirl is probably the closest in tone at the moment to what She-Hulk might be with a more light-hearted heroine.

Last edited:
That's a good point, I guess the Hand will play a big role in Defenders. But... how does wrapping up the Hand open the door for an interesting Elektra series? If she's not dealing with the Hand... who are we talking about? What interests you about such a series? Because to me it sounds like: "Remember that girl who was so great as a dark romance in Daredevil and got caught up with the Hand! Yeah, it's her, but with none of the stuff that made her interesting before."

Well that's hard to answer when we don't know how she'll return in the miniseries and where she is at the end of it. Maybe she could be going after the Hand in other places in the world or just using her "need to kill" to try and take out the other issues. Which is why we always use Elektra: Assassin as an idea as there is no Daredevil in it. It's her, politics and the Hand. If the Hand is toast by the end of the miniseries, you can still use the other aspects along with her other stories by Rucka. I also don't know if she'll show up in Daredevil season 3. She's not like Karen or Foggy and can be used as a supporting character.

I also just love the character and want her to stick around.

Last edited:

Doubtful. The Punisher did not get his own series because the audience was clamoring for it. Of course he's a really popular character and many are excited to see his story continue. But the rumors of him getting his own series started before any of us even saw him onscreen. Chances are, it came to be because of a demand from the powers that be. The audience reaction, if anything, just assured tptb that they were making a good decision.

I say that to say, Elektra most likely doesn't have a series because tptb are not interested in giving her one. The same would apply to Misty Knight. Lots of fans are calling for a Misty spinoff but I doubt it will happen any time soon because, for whatever reason, tptb are probably not interested. And to be clear, I'm fine with neither having a series right now, as long as they remain prominent supporting characters.

I don't see that many people calling for a Misty Knight spin-off.

I like Misty Knight as a character, but I think we have other characters that should take priority for a series over her or Daughters of the Dragon.

Elektra definitely has potential for a series at some point down the line, but how many shows can we realistically have on Netflix either?

Case in point, all these new shows are causing delays for second seasons. So they are going to have to up the show production at some point to accommodate them.

I like Misty Knight as a character, but I think we have other characters that should take priority for a series over her or Daughters of the Dragon.

Elektra definitely has potential for a series at some point down the line, but how many shows can we realistically have on Netflix either?

Case in point, all these new shows are causing delays for second seasons. So they are going to have to up the show production at some point to accommodate them.

That's why aside from Moon Knight, future Marvel Netflix series need to take place in places other than NYC so we Marvel don't have overlap with actors or production schedules + they can shoot cheaper since shooting in NYC is expensive. When you look at what properties Marvel still have to develop for TV which would be a good fit for Netflix, it breaks down nicely like this.

Ghost Rider = LA and Las Vegas

Blade = NOLA

Elektra = DC for the first season (and surrounding woods in Maryland subbing for South America), Tokyo in future seasons.

Shang Chi = Hong Kong

Moon Knight = NYC

So only one more series set in New York. The rest all have a unique location which means a possibility for more shows and each show has something to offer. Moreover, aside from Moon Knight, they all work as standalone TV series without getting too involved in the continuity of the greater MCU. Blade and Ghost Rider would eventually get a team-up miniseries but each would have their own supporting cast. Blade gets Rachel Van Helsing, Whisler, Hannibal King, Frank Drake, etc. Ghost Rider gets not only up to four Ghost Riders but also Jennifer Kale, Damien Hellstorm, Satana and Roxanne Simpson. I'd make Ghost Rider 6-8 episodes to give a larger budget to each episode. The rest all work well with a TV budget. And it won't hurt the release schedule at all. It just means more series per year. We know that in 2017, we're getting three series and in 2018, we're getting JJ, DD and Cage. Bumping things up from three to five a year isn't going to affect things THAT much. If anything it makes Defenders easier since other series can film while Defenders does. Rosario Dawson has been holding up production for most of the Netflix series. Once you no longer need one character to appear in every series, it gets easier to film multiple at once.

And Shang Chi would have something special to offer if it were A. Marvel's first Asian lead in a solo series and B. It would be in Chinese with English subtitles, set in Hong Kong as a martial arts crime drama where a SHIELD agent is forced to fight his own family. It's that family drama inherent in fighting the Si Fan that makes Shang Chi stand out. He's a SHIELD cadet taking on the most powerful triad in Hong Kong who have wealth beyond his imagination and he's given up the that chance to have that power to stand for justice even if it makes him a pariah among everyone he once knew. Add in Mockingbird as a secret ally helping him and Taskmaster as his greatest enemy who'd follow him for multiple seasons and you have a series that really comes across as nothing like anything else Marvel have done. And get Hong Kong action directors to film each episode. Make the action one-up what's been seen in Daredevil and Iron Fist since Shang Chi has no powers. It's a great way for Marvel to market themselves to Asian audiences after the negative reactions to Daredevil and Iron Fist. It allows Netflix to have a product targeted at the Chinese market where they'd have a series that would allow them to break into the country. Most importantly, since Marvel care so much about the Chinese market, this is Marvel's best way to make money from streaming since it will sell subscriptions in the world's most populous country. That's why Shang Chi would work.

And as for She-Hulk on ABC, I'd cast a fitness model who can act, preferably somebody who also does MMA for the role of Jen. Cast as many women as possible and see which one has the best comic timing. Just say, "casting fitness models and female athletes. Must have exceptional comic timing" and send that as an open casting call and see who bites. I don't care about height. People got upset that Hugh Jackman was too tall to play Wolverine. People shut up about it after watching him. Make Jen have a six-pack inhuman form and just have green skin while transformed and make her any height. As long as she can flex, I'm good. The real challenge is making muscle show through body paint. Also, Jen has a small rogues gallery and one of her biggest foes (Behemoth) is too expensive for TV. I'd just use Titania as a villain and make She-Hulk's struggles juggling her career with super strength be the cause of most conflict.

And yes, source material does make a difference. White Tiger has no memorable villains. That means poaching somebody else's rogues gallery and hurting potential stories for other properties. There are other better options. Peurto Rican culture is a plus but I'm pretty certain that two out of four Ghost Riders are Mexican (which isn't the same culture but close enough) and America Chavez is Peurto Rican and I'd bet you money that she'll appear on New Warriors as a member of the main cast. White Tiger has never been able to sustain a series. No matter which White Tiger, there has never been one that has had a strong list of antagonists or a long-running series. It won't work. Audiences have already spoken and said that White Tiger isn't a popular character and they don't want more. Jessica Jones can still work without a strong rogues gallery since her series can be turned into a Daughters of the Dragon series in all but name and feature Misty and Colleen. We already have confirmation that Jessica will get less screen time and supporting characters will get more. My guess is that we're getting three protagonists in Season 2.

Elektra also deserves her own series since Marvel don't have that many options for female characters who can support their own series. Elektra is one of the few. She's popular and can sustain a series. And while Elodie Yung is cast, it's a good idea to start production after Defenders before she moves on to other things.

I'd honestly film things like this.

JJ Season 2
DD Season 3
LC Season 2
Elektra Season 1

IF Season 2
Punisher Season 2
Moon Knight Season 1
Ghost Rider Season 1

JJ Season 3
DD Season 4
LC Season 3
Elektra Season 2
Blade Season 1

IF Season 3
Punisher Season 3
Moon Knight Season 2
Ghost Rider Season 2
Shang Chi Season 1
Defenders Season 2

Throw Midnight Sons into 2022 as a miniseries and go up to six a year. That's plenty and things should plateau there since that's enough for Netflix which is a streaming service and can handle more Marvel programming than a normal network.

Just because you don't see it doesn't meant it's not happening. People were asking about a Misty spinoff before Luke Cage even premiered. Loeb was asked about it in an interview and of course he didn't give a real answer but it's telling that he was even asked. Then once LC did premiere, folks all over twitter were talking about Misty and saying she deserves her own show.

What characters should take priority is totally subjective. I personally didn't care to see the Punisher get a spinoff, as I think it's time for Marvel/Netflix to prioritize shows featuring more characters of color, especially women. And I don't think a Daughters of the Dragon show would be any less deserving than any other show.

People on the internet can be loud but not necessarily numerous.

That's why aside from Moon Knight, future Marvel Netflix series need to take place in places other than NYC so we Marvel don't have overlap with actors or production schedules + they can shoot cheaper since shooting in NYC is expensive. When you look at what properties Marvel still have to develop for TV which would be a good fit for Netflix, it breaks down nicely like this.

Ghost Rider = LA and Las Vegas

Blade = NOLA

Elektra = DC for the first season (and surrounding woods in Maryland subbing for South America), Tokyo in future seasons.

Shang Chi = Hong Kong

Moon Knight = NYC

So only one more series set in New York. The rest all have a unique location which means a possibility for more shows and each show has something to offer. Moreover, aside from Moon Knight, they all work as standalone TV series without getting too involved in the continuity of the greater MCU. Blade and Ghost Rider would eventually get a team-up miniseries but each would have their own supporting cast. Blade gets Rachel Van Helsing, Whisler, Hannibal King, Frank Drake, etc. Ghost Rider gets not only up to four Ghost Riders but also Jennifer Kale, Damien Hellstorm, Satana and Roxanne Simpson. I'd make Ghost Rider 6-8 episodes to give a larger budget to each episode. The rest all work well with a TV budget. And it won't hurt the release schedule at all. It just means more series per year. We know that in 2017, we're getting three series and in 2018, we're getting JJ, DD and Cage. Bumping things up from three to five a year isn't going to affect things THAT much. If anything it makes Defenders easier since other series can film while Defenders does. Rosario Dawson has been holding up production for most of the Netflix series. Once you no longer need one character to appear in every series, it gets easier to film multiple at once.

And Shang Chi would have something special to offer if it were A. Marvel's first Asian lead in a solo series and B. It would be in Chinese with English subtitles, set in Hong Kong as a martial arts crime drama where a SHIELD agent is forced to fight his own family. It's that family drama inherent in fighting the Si Fan that makes Shang Chi stand out. He's a SHIELD cadet taking on the most powerful triad in Hong Kong who have wealth beyond his imagination and he's given up the that chance to have that power to stand for justice even if it makes him a pariah among everyone he once knew. Add in Mockingbird as a secret ally helping him and Taskmaster as his greatest enemy who'd follow him for multiple seasons and you have a series that really comes across as nothing like anything else Marvel have done. And get Hong Kong action directors to film each episode. Make the action one-up what's been seen in Daredevil and Iron Fist since Shang Chi has no powers. It's a great way for Marvel to market themselves to Asian audiences after the negative reactions to Daredevil and Iron Fist. It allows Netflix to have a product targeted at the Chinese market where they'd have a series that would allow them to break into the country. Most importantly, since Marvel care so much about the Chinese market, this is Marvel's best way to make money from streaming since it will sell subscriptions in the world's most populous country. That's why Shang Chi would work.

And as for She-Hulk on ABC, I'd cast a fitness model who can act, preferably somebody who also does MMA for the role of Jen. Cast as many women as possible and see which one has the best comic timing. Just say, "casting fitness models and female athletes. Must have exceptional comic timing" and send that as an open casting call and see who bites. I don't care about height. People got upset that Hugh Jackman was too tall to play Wolverine. People shut up about it after watching him. Make Jen have a six-pack inhuman form and just have green skin while transformed and make her any height. As long as she can flex, I'm good. The real challenge is making muscle show through body paint. Also, Jen has a small rogues gallery and one of her biggest foes (Behemoth) is too expensive for TV. I'd just use Titania as a villain and make She-Hulk's struggles juggling her career with super strength be the cause of most conflict.

And yes, source material does make a difference. White Tiger has no memorable villains. That means poaching somebody else's rogues gallery and hurting potential stories for other properties. There are other better options. Peurto Rican culture is a plus but I'm pretty certain that two out of four Ghost Riders are Mexican (which isn't the same culture but close enough) and America Chavez is Peurto Rican and I'd bet you money that she'll appear on New Warriors as a member of the main cast. White Tiger has never been able to sustain a series. No matter which White Tiger, there has never been one that has had a strong list of antagonists or a long-running series. It won't work. Audiences have already spoken and said that White Tiger isn't a popular character and they don't want more. Jessica Jones can still work without a strong rogues gallery since her series can be turned into a Daughters of the Dragon series in all but name and feature Misty and Colleen. We already have confirmation that Jessica will get less screen time and supporting characters will get more. My guess is that we're getting three protagonists in Season 2.

Elektra also deserves her own series since Marvel don't have that many options for female characters who can support their own series. Elektra is one of the few. She's popular and can sustain a series. And while Elodie Yung is cast, it's a good idea to start production after Defenders before she moves on to other things.

I'd honestly film things like this.

JJ Season 2
DD Season 3
LC Season 2
Elektra Season 1

IF Season 2
Punisher Season 2
Moon Knight Season 1
Ghost Rider Season 1

JJ Season 3
DD Season 4
LC Season 3
Elektra Season 2
Blade Season 1

IF Season 3
Punisher Season 3
Moon Knight Season 2
Ghost Rider Season 2
Shang Chi Season 1
Defenders Season 2

Throw Midnight Sons into 2022 as a miniseries and go up to six a year. That's plenty and things should plateau there since that's enough for Netflix which is a streaming service and can handle more Marvel programming than a normal network.
I highly doubt we see Elektra season 1 by 2018. We also have no idea that Marvel/ABC/Netflix will be willing to have that many Netflix shows all in one year. A lot of it will probably depend on Defenders and Punisher this year.

Here's the other thing. Not every character can get or headline their own show guys. Some will have to be featured mainly on these shows. Just because they are featured doesn't mean everyone is getting a spin-off.

I highly doubt we see Elektra season 1 by 2018. We also have no idea that Marvel/ABC/Netflix will be willing to have that many Netflix shows all in one year. A lot of it will probably depend on Defenders and Punisher this year.

Here's the other thing. Not every character can get or headline their own show guys. Some will have to be featured mainly on these shows. Just because they are featured doesn't mean everyone is getting a spin-off.

Yeah but I named characters who all have a significant amount of source material behind them. Characters who were already market tested and capable of holding a sustained audience who all have an existing fanbase. Maybe can Midnight Sons since I'm not sure if that one will work.

Does Elektra have a stronger rogue's gallery than White Tiger?

My personal pick is for a Midnight Sons type show. I don't think any of them necessarily have to be set in New York (anyone with more knowledge of Moon Knight, is he a New York character inherently?). Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Blade are three options. I'd like a female character, so the question is whether we go with Blade's daughter. I have no idea about the fourth since I don't know if anyone wants the Son of Satan these days, but I'll defer to others there.

Does Elektra have a stronger rogue's gallery than White Tiger?

My personal pick is for a Midnight Sons type show. I don't think any of them necessarily have to be set in New York (anyone with more knowledge of Moon Knight, is he a New York character inherently?). Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Blade are three options. I'd like a female character, so the question is whether we go with Blade's daughter. I have no idea about the fourth since I don't know if anyone wants the Son of Satan these days, but I'll defer to others there.

She does. She shares Lady Bullseye and Kirigi the Undying with Daredevil and Paladin with Captain America. She also shares Arcade with the X-Men but Marvel can't use him in the MCU since his rights are over with Fox.

On her own, she has Ken Wind, Nina McCabe, Kuroyama, The Beast, Saddam Abed Dasam, The Coalition, Evgeny Bezzubenkov, Nico and Carmine, and Bloody Lips. That's pretty solid. Fun fact. Nobu in the comics was an Elektra villain with no connection to Daredevil.

Compare that to White Tiger. Only Hector had a decent number of enemies but they were all forgettable one-shot villains.

Also, Scott Derrickson mentioned Moon Knight. I think that he's very likely to be the final Netflix hero set in New York and the last Defender. Mark my words, Elektra and Moon Knight are going to be the next two Netflix series to get greenlit. Ghost Rider will presumably come soon after since one of Spirits of Vengeance was already cast and we know it can be done on a TV budget. We also know that Marvel have been thinking about Blade again and talked to Wesley Snipes about reprising the role. I think that Shang Chi will be dead last to debut since he's the one who Marvel aren't talking about but a film was rumored before the MCU got started so I can't rule him out.

Scott Derrickson is all but confirming a Moon Knight series. He was also rumored a little while back for a back-door pilot like Ghost Rider and Punisher got. As somebody who really feels like he's the one missing piece of the Defenders, I'm happy about this.

http://screenrant.com/scott-derrickson-fantastic-four-mcu/

Yeah but I named characters who all have a significant amount of source material behind them. Characters who were already market tested and capable of holding a sustained audience who all have an existing fanbase. Maybe can Midnight Sons since I'm not sure if that one will work.
Not really. The comic book reading audience is really a drop in the bucket for the viewership of these shows. Also, Elektra had her own solo movie once and it was a gigantic bomb. Not saying you can't start over fresh with her in a new TV series ever. I think my point is you have to continue rebuilding the Elektra brand and character. Let's see where they take the character in Defenders and go from there.

Also, if Moon Knight gets his own show, where are they going to have room for everything else?

Though the storyline she was entangled in by the end of it might not have been the best thing, her character was one of the highlights of the season based on many of the reviews. Using the bad movie to "knock her" is kind of pointless as Daredevil had a bad movie as well before the Netflix show started.

I liked Elodie Yung as Elektra, but I think Bernthal's Punisher far surpassed anything in last season of Daredevil and that's why he's getting his own series. Plus, they clearly have plans for Elektra pertaining to Defenders and The Hand. Let's see how that gets resolved first before we start green lighting her show. I think Elektra is probably one of the few marquee female characters who could get her own show, but that might not be in the cards yet.

And again my concern is they are kind of maxed out for shows right now and it's causing delays to later seasons. Basically, I want to see Marvel, ABC and Netflix address this issue before they start announcing a bunch of new shows.

Like one suggestion I made is to smoosh Iron Fist and Luke Cage into one show, a Heroes for Hire show if you will. The issue there is that Luke Cage already has his season 2 announced. That could always change. But worst case scenario, if Iron Fist doesn't get another season even, there's still going to be next to no gaps here.

Daredevil, Captain America, Spider-Man, Hulk and Punisher all had bad films. DD, Hulk and CA got the chance to redeem themselves and Spider-Man and Punisher are now getting that chance. Why is is that only male characters get the opportunity to get featured in the MCU after having a bad film? Even Ghost Rider just got featured on Agents of SHIELD and now there's talk of him getting his own spin-off with talk of a film if Netflix doesn't bite. I'm seeing a huge double standard here where female superheroes aren't getting second chances. I'd love an Elektra TV show and it feels like people ate getting really nitpicky when they come up with easily disproven reasons why they don't think it could work. Male heroes usually don't have that problem on these boards. I really do think that we're overdue Elektra to headline again.

I liked Elodie Yung as Elektra, but I think Bernthal's Punisher far surpassed anything in last season of Daredevil and that's why he's getting his own series. Plus, they clearly have plans for Elektra pertaining to Defenders and The Hand. Let's see how that gets resolved first before we start green lighting her show. I think Elektra is probably one of the few marquee female characters who could get her own show, but that might not be in the cards yet.

And again my concern is they are kind of maxed out for shows right now and it's causing delays to later seasons. Basically, I want to see Marvel, ABC and Netflix address this issue before they start announcing a bunch of new shows.

Like one suggestion I made is to smoosh Iron Fist and Luke Cage into one show, a Heroes for Hire show if you will. The issue there is that Luke Cage already has his season 2 announced. That could always change. But worst case scenario, if Iron Fist doesn't get another season even, there's still going to be next to no gaps here.

I agree that Marvel shouldn't greenlight anything until after Defenders. I feel like there are VERY few characters capable of headlining. The only characters who I want to see on film get their own movie are Black Widow, War Machine, Silver Sable and Venom. Maybe a one and done film for Black Knight that would be the story of all the Black Knights with Dane gaining the Ebony Blade at the end. Wonder Man, Sentry, Tigra, Blue Marvel and Silverclaw are cool but they can be introduced in future Avengers films. Even on TV, I feel like White Tiger is better off as a supporting character like Misty and Colleen. I also feel like Nova and Darkhawk should stick to the upcoming New Warriors TV series and America Chavez should also be part of the show. The three of them CAN headline but at some point there will be too many properties to develop and I also want New Warriors to have a great roster.

Ideally, all the other lesser known characters we like or care about could get in the shows or movies at some point. One would imagine. If not on Netflix then elsewhere, like with Cloak and Dagger.

Like I figure that Power Pack could be the Sarah Jane Adventures version of the Marvel Universe. A strictly pre-teen aimed TV series for Marvel.

I think Nova could get his own movie instead of a series. His power set and backstory are better suited for film anyway.

Ideally, all the other lesser known characters we like or care about could get in the shows or movies at some point. One would imagine. If not on Netflix then elsewhere, like with Cloak and Dagger.

Like I figure that Power Pack could be the Sarah Jane Adventures version of the Marvel Universe. A strictly pre-teen aimed TV series for Marvel.

I think Nova could get his own movie instead of a series. His power set and backstory are better suited for film anyway.

I'd agree with you on Nova but A. he's too tied to the New Warriors and B. He's too tied to the Guardians of the Galaxy. If he doesn't appear on the New Warriors show, then he'll easily appear in the third Guardians film. A solo Nova film needs to be earned since there are very few film slots opened and I feel like Black Widow and War Machine have earned them and not just because of ScarJo and Don Cheadle but also because they can both sustain a solo series. Vision and Hawkeye may also qualify but both of their successful solo series have been recent and haven't had enough time to become classic yet.

You don't really have to do New Warriors you know. They were always a superhero B-team.

Who is to say that they will get on board with a New Warriors TV show or movie anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"