• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Defenders Marvel Working With Netflix and ABC on Additional Series.

Ghost Rider is able to be done on a TV budget. And Atlas can be grounded a bit more by losing the size changing powers or only rarely using them.

How often did we actually see Ghost Rider though? It was in short snippets.

How often did we actually see Ghost Rider though? It was in short snippets.

Again, I feel like Atlas should mostly just use super strength and invulnerability and seldom ever use his size changing powers. From an effects standpoint, the only really troublesome character is Abe Jenkins due to his armor. Even then, don't make him look as sleek as Iron Man. The problem with Thunderbolts is that there are so many of them and they lack solo screen time so it makes sense to do it as a TV show.

I've thought in the past Marvel shouldn't develop anymore Television properties. However, I wasn't aware they could work with Hulu while working with Netflix as well as ABC/Freeform. That clears things up budgetarily to a degree to develop more properties outside of Netflix. It'll be an interesting year news wise perhaps.

I've thought in the past Marvel shouldn't develop anymore Television properties. However, I wasn't aware they could work with Hulu while working with Netflix as well as ABC/Freeform. That clears things up budgetarily to a degree to develop more properties outside of Netflix. It'll be an interesting year news wise perhaps.

I feel like it should work like this.

New ABC series
She-Hulk
Thunderbolts

New Freeform or Hulu Series
Avengers Academy

New Disney Channel Series
Power Pack

New Netflix Series
Shang Chi
Blade
Elektra
Ghost Rider
Moon Knight

That just about covers everything Marvel even own the rights to. Marvel have managed to develop most of their popular properties anyway. TV should be used for what's remaining since the film slate is mostly full. And among the potential new Netflix series, the only one that should be set in NYC is Moon Knight.

Elektra Season 1 would be set in South America and DC and future seasons would be set in Japan. Shang Chi would be set in Hong Kong. Blade takes place in New Orleans. Ghost Rider takes place in LA and Vegas. These won't effect the production schedule of the existing Netflix shows at all with the one sole exception of Moon Knight.

Ghost Rider is able to be done on a TV budget. And Atlas can be grounded a bit more by losing the size changing powers or only rarely using them.

Eh, Ghost Rider was possible, via the mechanic of "Stripping down the budget to the bare walls otherwise", as near as I can tell. I wouldn't bet on being able to do a supers show with more than one major budget sink like Ghost Rider, and even if there's only one, the general production quality would make it a dubious idea. I wouldn't want to watch a Thunderbolts show where every single major set piece takes place in a dark bare concrete room, for example.

Ghost Rider barely featured in AoS whenever he did appear. Even in the fight he had with Hellfire, that was pretty pathetic. It showed him Ghosting up, but then it cut away to Coulson and someone else hiding out somewhere else. They couldn't really show much of Ghost Rider each episode. And they couldn't even sustain that budget for a whole season, which is why they moved on from the storyline.

So no, he's not really doable on a TV budget unless he barely appears at all and even when he does he doesn't do anything.

That's quite a list Dasher10. I think a lot of those properties you chose are prime ones. The horror related properties I think Marvel should save at the moment until well into the 2020's when totally done with the current Netflix shows or find another partner to help develop these in their own bubble of sorts as there's just so much at the moment. Overall, I think they should just sprinkle some mini-series or specials in here and there where can with Hulu after Runaways gets going (Agent Carter ending for instance; I'd say "Most Wanted" as a 1 episode special but gotta say the Hunter-Bobbi thing just didn't work for me; oh well).

Your ideas for ABC shows are reaching pretty high although so is the rumored Inhumans so I suppose we'll see how that goes... DisneyChannel I would relegate less for liveaction but I can see the convenience of using it; perhaps a PowerPack cartoon special event sort of like how Fox used to have an evening special for a 2-part X-men cartoon (like one with Lady Deathstrike or where they went to Savage Land)? Freeform I can't begin to think what else could work besides Cloak and Dagger but Avengers Academy sounds interesting although I know very little about that.

As far as budget limitations, Marvel just needs to keep their cards close when dealing with networks, episode number order/pilot development, time to write, newer talent, and ways to get money saved up while focusing on quality utilizing shortcuts via technology and multiple connections to reduce costs where can. I think Marvel sort of overshot with Netflix. The 200 mill. could've easily been invested in smaller episode orders for less characters but they've managed to get something going nonetheless. Things are stretched though at the moment and I think anything else being added just would be too much to be able to do. Perhaps an anthology series where each episode focuses on a specific adventure of a side character making it a bit more impactful with the limited time have per episode (like Elektra, Gladiator, the Chaste, and perhaps a bad guy centered episode for good measure for instance) could be something once a couple of the current series sort of run their course some more.

Ghost Rider barely featured in AoS whenever he did appear. Even in the fight he had with Hellfire, that was pretty pathetic. It showed him Ghosting up, but then it cut away to Coulson and someone else hiding out somewhere else. They couldn't really show much of Ghost Rider each episode. And they couldn't even sustain that budget for a whole season, which is why they moved on from the storyline.

So no, he's not really doable on a TV budget unless he barely appears at all and even when he does he doesn't do anything.
I would not be satisfied with that amount of Ghost Rider in a TV series.

So IMHO either shorten the episode order or increase the budget. If it's just 30 seconds every week, it's pointless.

If She- Hulk really gets her own show, which i would totally love., i hope it's on Netflix. Those shows are more mature and feel more character driven. A well done Jennifer Walters would be brilliant!

The reason why I said Thunderbolts for TV is because there are too many characters for a film and the roster only grows larger with time.

Ghost Rider has a big enough supporting cast to do on a TV budget by avoiding too many effects shots and keeping things relatively grounded. Preferably only do 6-8 episodes.

If anything gets greenlit this summer, it will be Elektra since she's being resurrected in Defenders. I actually wouldn't mind that since Captain Marvel and Jessica Jones are the only female MCU leads and Elektra has enough source material for multiple seasons. Plus Elodie Yung is great in the role and I want to see more of her.

If anything gets greenlit this summer, it will be Elektra since she's being resurrected in Defenders. I actually wouldn't mind that since Captain Marvel and Jessica Jones are the only female MCU leads and Elektra has enough source material for multiple seasons. Plus Elodie Yung is great in the role and I want to see more of her.

I really would love that. Though we don't know if she'll make it out alive from The Defenders. It would be good though. Do a political thriller/assassination show and have it loosely inspired by Elektra:Assassin.

If they green light more shows then we need to start getting three a year.

2018 already getting Jessica Jones Season 2 and Daredevil Season 3.

Hell. We have enough shows for a Marvel TV network now.

IMHO, too many other good candidates for a new series before Elektra gets one.

Last edited:
Yes, there are but it'd be nice to get another female lead Netflix series. Elektra is the one with the biggest possibilities as she has storylines that can be developed/explored. If they made a Daughters of the Dragon show with Misty and Colleen, then it'd pull them out of the two series they are supporting leads in.

And while I'd enjoy a Moon Knight show, we already have 3 series with white male leads dealing with their emotional baggage. It'd be nice to try and do a show that tackles a different kind of genre.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Jewish lead, though. I'd also argue Moon Knight is a lot more of a psychological show. Sure there are elements of Daredevil, but there are also elements of Legion.

Hmm... I'd rather see Elektra explored through Daredevil, honestly. I think using DD to explore Punisher really created a way forward for a lot of characters that are connected to the known Netflix heroes. Shang Chi as well would contribute to a great season of Iron Fist, but I'm not sure he's got three seasons of his own in him.

I think Ghost Rider can be done, but I think you'd have to make it as a horror series (or movie, but... eh). Ghost Rider is not a hero, Ghost Rider is a monster, and the thing that makes him heroic is the people he's slaying turn out to be bigger monsters. To that end, I would actually consider introducing Blade and Ghost Rider in a single 'Midnight Sons' series, which solves the problems of GR's budget while also further distancing both from their previous iterations by putting them together.

I think for a female-led series, the best bet would be White Tiger, and while she doesn't have enough 'solo material' on her own, I think a solid-enough concept is there that you can pull from the miscellaneous Marvel NYC villains successfully, and with a nice dive into some Latino culture, you could have a series that has a lot of fun and heart and an experience that you can't get anywhere else. In short, White Tiger can do everything Elektra can do, narratively, but Elektra can't do what White Tiger can do.

The ideal female-led series is She-Hulk though, but casting She-Hulk is a truly herculean task. You need someone with Gwendolyne Christie's body and Amy Schumer's comedy chops, who is also a solid actress. I'm not entirely sure that such a person exists. Further, some fans for some reason look at She-Hulk and truly in their hearts believe that this MUST be a CGI character, perhaps because they need her to be seven feet tall, no ifs and or buts. But, if that task could be handled somehow, either with an unknown or something of that nature, this series could be adult comedy for the Marvel Universe, which would be EPIC.

Moon Knight, as much as the character has never done anything for me, is a bit of a no-brainer. He's gritty, he's a non-powered vigilante, and he's got a great angle with the personalities. That said, I wouldn't be totally crushed if he was introduced in DD Season 3 or Jessica Jones Season 2 Punisher-style before spinning off.

Another no-brainer would be Hawkeye, if Renner was down for it, it'd be worth gold based on the Hickman run.

I think Thunderbolts is too big for TV, I think it best to pare the team down to 5-6 members and handle it like Guardians of the Galaxy. If it could be done on Netflix good for them, but I'm highly skeptical.

Any of the above could go to Hulu, by the way. In fact, using Hulu for comedy (She-Hulk) and Netflix for grit could be a fascinating balance. If the FF rights return, I'd also put them on Hulu, honestly.

If ABC can handle Inhumans, and is somehow done with Agents of SHIELD, give them a West Coast Avengers team. You know, Mockingbird and Hercules and Jocasta or something. Really simple squad, they solve crime in LA. Keep it real simple. ABC can handle that, I hope.

Freeform has got a real good thing going with Runaways and Cloak and Dagger. If they really need something else give them Avengers Academy.

Disney Channel with Power Pack is almost a no-brainer as well.

Movie Reshape is the only way to go for She-Hulk:

[YT]zXSj4pcl9Ao[/YT]

That way you don't need someone who is super tall or muscular. She just can be relatively tall and in good fitness shape with some lean muscle, rather than having to be a bodybuilder. Then you can concentrate on getting a good comedic actress. Movie Reshape will do the rest, where it can give added height and muscles as in the video above, while not making the actress a completely CGI character or requiring motion capture. It would truly be the performance and appearance of the actress cast, but it would be an enhanced version of her and performance.

I don't want them to rely on camera tricks and angles but to be able to have her look significantly taller than others and not just slightly taller. There aren't many actresses who are 6ft and over. You can count them on one hand probably. Elizabeth Debicki (who is 6ft 3") is way too willowy and also has already been cast in GOTG2.

You'd want the same actress to play Jennifer Walters in her human form and She-Hulk, so Movie Reshape would allow for that, so that you get a regular-sized actress who can then be reproportioned for the She-Hulk segments (which would hopefully make up the bulk of the performance, rather than just popping up for two brief "Hulk outs" like in the old 70s Incredible Hulk TV series.

Movie Reshape is the only way to go for She-Hulk:

[YT]zXSj4pcl9Ao[/YT]

I'm sorry, that doesn't seem very convincing, and in a cinematic quality set up brings up a lot of questions about lighting and mobile shots, with partially obstructed actors and eye lines and the like. She-Hulk is a larger than life character, to be sure, but she needs to be entirely grounded in her scenes, I strongly would prefer room for improv and comic timing not limited by technical demands, and bringing highly technical things into the production of every shot sounds like something that could easily neuter such a production. Get a 6'3" actress, get her some time in the gym, put her on platform shoes and run with that. A much better use of Body-reshape would be to shrink her down in the first episode, I think.

I also forgot that people really do see She-Hulk as a body builder physique instead of the fitness model she's drawn as nowadays. I really wish people would just accept that the target for a live action She-Hulk is this:

8P0BrjA.jpg
not
uWuPVrum.jpg

Of course, all this may be moot if Marvel doesn't have TV rights. And the fact that she'd have solo time before Hulk would at least get some comment.

For some reason, I picture the She-Hulk series like an infomercial in a way. The first episode just pure Jennifer Walters un-transformed, with a Ruffalo cameo, if such a thing were possible, and y'know, just... the suckiest life, just pile it on her, almost comically so, and then 12 episodes of her just slam dunking life one unstoppable problem at a time. Extra points if there's an underlying theme about body image in there somewhere.

It's not nowadays that she's drawn as the fitness model. She was like that in her origin and her 25 issue Savage She-Hulk run. And she was also like that in the Avengers and in the Fantastic Four, and in the Sensational She-Hulk run too. It's more in rare instances that she's drawn as a ripped bodybuilder, which has never appealed to me.

The only other rendition of her that is different is during the Dan Slott run with artist Juan Bobillo who made her look like a pudgy woman, which was made worse by the fact that she was drawn so beautifully on the covers by a different artist where she appeared sleek and sexy.

And I don't think the Movie Reshape looks fake. It looks fine to me.

^Which makes people's insistence on the body builder physique even more baffling to me every time I hear it.

I don't think the Movie Reshape looks fake, exactly. Even if the quality of the video here is lacking, perhaps with a bigger budget it'd be sharper. What I'm not as convinced of is what happens we we start doing fancier tricks with multiple actors involved, will they be able to interact with the end result of the Movie Reshape in a way that is believable. Will I believe they are looking She Hulk in the eye without her having to limit her movements to make the eye line easier to track? Will I believe that she's living in this world and is free to touch and interact with it willy nilly, that her sense of humor is not limited to what has been blocked out weeks in advance so as not to complicate the Reshape process. That's what I suspect will look fake, her interaction with the environment.

Hmm... I'd rather see Elektra explored through Daredevil, honestly. I think using DD to explore Punisher really created a way forward for a lot of characters that are connected to the known Netflix heroes. Shang Chi as well would contribute to a great season of Iron Fist, but I'm not sure he's got three seasons of his own in him.

I think Ghost Rider can be done, but I think you'd have to make it as a horror series (or movie, but... eh). Ghost Rider is not a hero, Ghost Rider is a monster, and the thing that makes him heroic is the people he's slaying turn out to be bigger monsters. To that end, I would actually consider introducing Blade and Ghost Rider in a single 'Midnight Sons' series, which solves the problems of GR's budget while also further distancing both from their previous iterations by putting them together.

I think for a female-led series, the best bet would be White Tiger, and while she doesn't have enough 'solo material' on her own, I think a solid-enough concept is there that you can pull from the miscellaneous Marvel NYC villains successfully, and with a nice dive into some Latino culture, you could have a series that has a lot of fun and heart and an experience that you can't get anywhere else. In short, White Tiger can do everything Elektra can do, narratively, but Elektra can't do what White Tiger can do.

The ideal female-led series is She-Hulk though, but casting She-Hulk is a truly herculean task. You need someone with Gwendolyne Christie's body and Amy Schumer's comedy chops, who is also a solid actress. I'm not entirely sure that such a person exists. Further, some fans for some reason look at She-Hulk and truly in their hearts believe that this MUST be a CGI character, perhaps because they need her to be seven feet tall, no ifs and or buts. But, if that task could be handled somehow, either with an unknown or something of that nature, this series could be adult comedy for the Marvel Universe, which would be EPIC.

Moon Knight, as much as the character has never done anything for me, is a bit of a no-brainer. He's gritty, he's a non-powered vigilante, and he's got a great angle with the personalities. That said, I wouldn't be totally crushed if he was introduced in DD Season 3 or Jessica Jones Season 2 Punisher-style before spinning off.

Another no-brainer would be Hawkeye, if Renner was down for it, it'd be worth gold based on the Hickman run.

I think Thunderbolts is too big for TV, I think it best to pare the team down to 5-6 members and handle it like Guardians of the Galaxy. If it could be done on Netflix good for them, but I'm highly skeptical.

Any of the above could go to Hulu, by the way. In fact, using Hulu for comedy (She-Hulk) and Netflix for grit could be a fascinating balance. If the FF rights return, I'd also put them on Hulu, honestly.

If ABC can handle Inhumans, and is somehow done with Agents of SHIELD, give them a West Coast Avengers team. You know, Mockingbird and Hercules and Jocasta or something. Really simple squad, they solve crime in LA. Keep it real simple. ABC can handle that, I hope.

Freeform has got a real good thing going with Runaways and Cloak and Dagger. If they really need something else give them Avengers Academy.

Disney Channel with Power Pack is almost a no-brainer as well.

I strongly disagree with you on Shang Chi and White Tiger. The reason why is source material. There's enough for Shang Chi to last for multiple seasons, White Tiger doesn't have enough and there have been three White Tigers but none of them has managed to capture a big enough audience. I can see Shang Chi lasting at least three seasons. I don't think that White Tiger can even last one since none of them have a big enough rogues gallery. Shang Chi would also be great since it links Iron Fist to Agents of SHIELD and would be set in Hong Kong so the aftermath of Doctor Strange would be addressed. Shang Chi would also be where I'd reintroduce Mockingbird. Season 1 would introduce Blackjack Tarr, Denis Nayland Smith and the rest of SHIELD's Hong Kong office while facing off against the Si Fan (Zeng Zu, Fah Lo Suee, Shadow Stalker, Moving Shadow and M'Nai) and Taskmaster. Season 2 would have Shang Chi face off against Carlton Velcro, Razorfist and Pavane. Season 3 would feature Ghost Maker and The Hand with Shadow Slasher as a side villain. Shockwave could also work but he's too expensive for TV.

Same goes for Elektra. She has so much more source material to draw from than White Tiger does. She's already cast. Elodie Yung is great in the role. I'd do something with an adaptation of Elektra: Assassin set in Washington DC with Deathlok replacing Garrett and then set any future seasons in Tokyo. It keeps her out of New York so the production won't hurt the other Netflix series which means that the only think keeping the show from being greenlit is that Marvel and Netflix simply don't want to do it.

Also, I think that She-Hulk can work. You just need somebody willing to pack on enough lean muscle to play Jen and then use green body paint. Make the whole premise, "legal comedy with super strength." I wouldn't use Hulu though. I'd put her on ABC as a sitcom.

I disagree with West Coast Avengers on TV. There are already too many Avengers now on the film side and I'd prefer if the Avengers films were split into two teams with both in film.

I also don't think that Jeremy Renner would commit to multiple seasons of a TV show. Maybe a TV miniseries but he's too expensive for a full season.

I agree with you on Moon Knight, Avengers Academy and Power Pack. Those two both need to happen.

Blade and Ghost Rider need to be separate series. Then combine them with Doctor Strange and Werewolf by Night as either a film or miniseries titled Midnight Sons. Possibly also add Scarlet Witch to the team. I'd make Werewolf by Night a supporting character on both series since I don't think that he has the name recognition to support himself.

Thunderbolts is hard to adapt since there are so many members. I think that it would work better on TV since there are simply too many characters to juggle. Mach is the only one who's hard to do on TV. Even then, New Warriors is coming to TV which means that characters like Firestar, Darkhawk, Speedball, Squirrel Girl and Nova are going to be done on a TV budget when they all require visual effects. Inhumans is coming to TV and all of them require a hefty effects budget except for maybe Black Bolt, Karnak and Maximus. I think that the T-Bolts would work as a means of keeping defeated villains in the MCU.

She-Hulk sounds like an ABC show. It doesn't sound like a Hulu or Netflix type of show. It might end up on there eventually, but it sounds like it should start on ABC. It's almost like a super version of Ally McBeal. Even back in the day, Calista Flockhart kind of looked like Jennifer Walters.

^I could get behind that.

I strongly disagree with you on Shang Chi and White Tiger. The reason why is source material. There's enough for Shang Chi to last for multiple seasons, White Tiger doesn't have enough and there have been three White Tigers but none of them has managed to capture a big enough audience. I can see Shang Chi lasting at least three seasons. I don't think that White Tiger can even last one since none of them have a big enough rogues gallery. Shang Chi would also be great since it links Iron Fist to Agents of SHIELD and would be set in Hong Kong so the aftermath of Doctor Strange would be addressed. Shang Chi would also be where I'd reintroduce Mockingbird. Season 1 would introduce Blackjack Tarr, Denis Nayland Smith and the rest of SHIELD's Hong Kong office while facing off against the Si Fan (Zeng Zu, Fah Lo Suee, Shadow Stalker, Moving Shadow and M'Nai) and Taskmaster. Season 2 would have Shang Chi face off against Carlton Velcro, Razorfist and Pavane. Season 3 would feature Ghost Maker and The Hand with Shadow Slasher as a side villain. Shockwave could also work but he's too expensive for TV.

Same goes for Elektra. She has so much more source material to draw from than White Tiger does. She's already cast. Elodie Yung is great in the role. I'd do something with an adaptation of Elektra: Assassin set in Washington DC with Deathlok replacing Garrett and then set any future seasons in Tokyo. It keeps her out of New York so the production won't hurt the other Netflix series which means that the only think keeping the show from being greenlit is that Marvel and Netflix simply don't want to do it.

Also, I think that She-Hulk can work. You just need somebody willing to pack on enough lean muscle to play Jen and then use green body paint. Make the whole premise, "legal comedy with super strength." I wouldn't use Hulu though. I'd put her on ABC as a sitcom.

I disagree with West Coast Avengers on TV. There are already too many Avengers now on the film side and I'd prefer if the Avengers films were split into two teams with both in film.

I also don't think that Jeremy Renner would commit to multiple seasons of a TV show. Maybe a TV miniseries but he's too expensive for a full season.

I agree with you on Moon Knight, Avengers Academy and Power Pack. Those two both need to happen.

Blade and Ghost Rider need to be separate series. Then combine them with Doctor Strange and Werewolf by Night as either a film or miniseries titled Midnight Sons. Possibly also add Scarlet Witch to the team. I'd make Werewolf by Night a supporting character on both series since I don't think that he has the name recognition to support himself.

Thunderbolts is hard to adapt since there are so many members. I think that it would work better on TV since there are simply too many characters to juggle. Mach is the only one who's hard to do on TV. Even then, New Warriors is coming to TV which means that characters like Firestar, Darkhawk, Speedball, Squirrel Girl and Nova are going to be done on a TV budget when they all require visual effects. Inhumans is coming to TV and all of them require a hefty effects budget except for maybe Black Bolt, Karnak and Maximus. I think that the T-Bolts would work as a means of keeping defeated villains in the MCU.

I guess I don't have as much an interest in the original source material as you do. Shang Chi is a martial arts secret agent. No matter how much material he has as that, he's a second Martial Arts hero after Iron Fist. We already have seen SHIELD. There's nothing he can do that can't be made more interesting by inclusion of the more established Iron Fist. It's not enough, for me, to simply have a lot of stories to draw on, those stories have to take us to a new corner of the universe. Iron Fist + Agents of SHIELD doesn't necessarily sound new, and while I'm sure it can be tweaked to that, those overlaps make him less ideal as a solo series to me. Even some of the things you named like Ghost Maker and The Hand, or Si Fan, which is another group of mystic martial artists, it gravitates towards being redundant with where Daredevil and Iron Fist are already going and have already been. Lots of source material that is similar to what we've already seen and cannibalizes potentail future for DD and IF doesn't seem ideal.

White Tiger is in a similar position to Jessica Jones. The lack of sufficient source material just isn't really a decisive factor in the willingnes to make the show or in it's end quality. Source material is GREAT to have, and can be really good for inspiration and highlighting what the character is capable of exploring well, but it's demonstrably not a necessity. The fact that you have three different heroes passing the torch in death says enough on it's own, the Ultimate Spider-Man series showing how to develop Ayala solo is also a cue in a nice direction. Off the top of my head, things that could be delved into deeper than in comics for a great White Tiger Show: police corruption, Latino culture, Gideon Mace, Amulet as MacGuffin, Bartering with the White Tiger God, Sons of the Tiger legacy, Black Tarantula Legacy, Lightmaster, and that's just stuff that's actually connected to the characters in the comics. This character, who lacks as much source material, has souce material that gives way to interesting new directions, dynamics, worlds, concepts and problems that other characters cannot cover. I think that's a better path forward.

I wasn't as thrilled with Elodie Yung as others were, but even if she had been jaw dropping, shifting the war with the Hand to Tokyo is just window dressing for another season of Daredevil, but with a woman, and without Daredevil. Better to send Matt over there. There's a reason a Punisher series was called for and not an Elektra series.

She-Hulk as a sitcom is a fascinating proposal. I think though in the long run, seeing Ruffalo guest star and take pratfals for a studio audience is a bit too much for my brain to vibe with. Also, if I compare great half hour sitcoms like Parks and Rec with an hour long "drama" like Jane The Virgin, I think the latter fits She-Hulk a lot better, because it allows her to be dramatic as needed. While she certainly is a comedic character, I think her escapades should have a complexity and weight that take an hour to breathe, as opposed to sliding from setup to punchline.

I'm not sure an Avengers TV series would impact the number of Avengers on film in any way. I also am highly doubtful that they would find a way to market two different Avengers properties in a safe way. They'll probably want to keep the Avengers = EPIC MCU Central branding going, and having a lesser Avengers team on film would muddy those very lucrative waters. While I can agree with the desire to have the team split in some way, I'm highly skeptical that such a thing will happen, and pretty sure the presence or lack thereof of TV heroes is independent, unfortunately.

I definitely get a preference for GR and Blade as separate series, but I don't think that's an actual need. In fact, if I understand correctly, GR needs to not be a standalone series so that the lack of GR will not be so apparent.

I also don't think there's any mandate that Thunderbolts has a bunch of members to start with. You really can just pick 5. One of them has to be Zemo, sure, but Mach isn't actually irreplaceable. On TV Thunderbolts gets reduced from a big event with a huge twist to some kind of every day thing that needs to be more fundamentally heroic to work. I'm not sure that's as intriguing. I mean, what's a case-of-the-week for the Thunderbolts?

Good point on New Warriors on TV... it would definitely hamper who they can have on that team. Inhumans should be interesting, as they seem to be using a season's or movie's budget on 8 episodes, which is a great way to get some of the more difficult powers (Prehensile hair! Yikes!) to work "on TV." Most of the Royal family doesn't need much, though. It's really the Amalequins, honestly. that need lots of particles that interact with the environment. Triton may require something, but he's mostly prosthetics, and also not a series regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"