Legends Marvel's Star Wars #1...and beyond.

Solidus

Knights of Ren
Reaction score
I figure since tomorrow Marvel's Star Wars#1 comes out we should start a thread on it. I have not gotten mine yet but hope to tomorrow or Thursday. So far I've read great reviews on it, and it seems like Marvel is doing SW justice. But I will kick this off with the main cover, when you get yours let us know what variant cover you received!

SW#1 Reviews:

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2015/01/13/star-wars-1-review/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/13/star-wars-1-review-2

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-1-comic-review/3/

FI2HvHA.jpg

I hope to give my review by the end of this week.

May the Force be with you!

I really enjoyed it and am excited about reading the Darth Vader and Princess Leia books.

Definitely. Jason Aaron really made it feel like it was Star Wars. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Is this not available on the Kindle marketplace?

I liked it, loved the dialogue between the characters, can't wait for the next one

It was good fun, Aaron has the characters voices down for sure. Art was kind lackluster compared to what we first got from Dark Horse but oh well. I'm still doubtful Marvel will ever be as good as Dark Horse but this first issue was alot better than Star Wars by Brain Wood so that's good!

Enjoyed this issue but it might just be because i've been wanting more Star Wars for a while. Excited to get more though!

I love that it doesn't have that stupid red band across the bottom of the cover. Those things have been annoying the hell outta me.

I love that it doesn't have that stupid red band across the bottom of the cover. Those things have been annoying the hell outta me.

I was worried about that too, I think it's going to show up eventually though.

I really liked it. 5/5. Not too fond of the $5 pricetag, tho.

I don't mind paying $5 for the first one, but the rest should be .99¢ - $1.99 per issue.

I just read it, and it's really, really good. Better than the Dark Horse self titled series that took place in-between ANH and ESB.

I just read it, and it's really, really good. Better than the Dark Horse self titled series that took place in-between ANH and ESB.

It was unfortunate Dark Horse's run ended with such a poor title.

My issue with their self-titled Star Wars title was that, it didn't feel like any of it could happened in the movies. All of a sudden, Leia is able to fly an X-Wing. not to say that I don't buy it, but it came off as out of character for her.

The first issue of the new Marvel Star Wars sold more then a million copies and is now on a second printing. The comic industry hasn't seen anything like this in decades, and it will probably drop like 80% next issue. But that is insane and shows you the power of Star Wars. Now just wait for The Force Awakens. :yay:

smallvillefan, it looks like this new canon is being accepted very well.:)

It's something that can be better discussed and apreciated once the entire first storyline is complete, i do hope Luke and Vader don't face off too often, one time before Empire Strikes Back is more than enough. Now there are various other kinds of adventures the team can have before Empire, since Rebels showed there are other force sensitive people fighting for the Empire, i wonder if Luke will eventualy face off against an Inquisitor, with how much he evolved between Empire and Return of the Jedi, i would guess that he may have had some other lightsaber battles during that timeframe.

Well this sucks, I got my subscription a few weeks ago, still have not gotten mine yet.

Anywho, I can't wait to read it. Just read on JediNewsUK that it is going into it's third printing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"