Legends Marvel's Star Wars #1...and beyond.

You people act as if that kind of selective ideal didn't exist, just because Vader was willing to blow up a planet and kill innocents in order to keep his power, that doesn't mean slavery didn't cause him an impact. You people are realy acting as if it was such a ridiculous idea, Adolf Hittler caused millions of deaths, yet he was also a vegetarian, just because Vader did plenty of evil things, it doesn't mean he wouldn't have tried to actualy accomplish anything else.

But alright, if you want your Star Wars as black and white then good for you, silly me for expecting better development for the villains...
Do you know who the Emperor is? Because I am pretty sure it was his call and Vader wouldn't have a damn thing to say about it.

You are completely ignoring what Vader became and why he became it. That is the disconnect. Either you haven't watched the original Star Wars trilogy or you simply don't understand the nature of the dark side.

So finally got both SW#1 and SW#2 the same day in the mail. Darth Vader #1 is in the mail as well for me. I can't wait to sit down and read them.

Wow. Great stuff. Vader was just pure bad ass in this. What he did with the Stormtroopers just had me smiling ear to ear. Reminds me why I love Vader so much. Loved the characters, the action, and the feel. Loved Han's "escape vehicle", and when the part when they tried to crush Vader; loved seeing Han being flabbergasted that the Force was real. Small moment but great. Can't wait for #3.

One final thing-I loved how Vader paused when he realized he was holding his old lightsaber.

Yeah, Star Wars 1 and 2 were outstanding. Sadly, I found Vader #1 left much to be desired. And I'm typically a fan of Gillen.

Have not received that one yet. I've heard nothing but great reviews on it however. It has shipped to me, so I should have it any day now.

Vader had one weird plot hole, and maybe it was just the artist's fault. (Boba Fett's appearance at Jabba's Palance makes no sense considering his appearance and arc later in the story.)

Vader had one weird plot hole, and maybe it was just the artist's fault. (Boba Fett's appearance at Jabba's Palance makes no sense considering his appearance and arc later in the story.)
:huh:

What do you mean?

Decent issue but the worst so far IMO. The ending was horribly compressed making it rather confusing.

One panel Luke is claiming he isn't to make it and they very next he does? And then suddenly he is on the Falcon. Eh...

Otherwise it was pretty good. Loved Vader's last lines.

Last edited:
My issue with their self-titled Star Wars title was that, it didn't feel like any of it could happened in the movies. All of a sudden, Leia is able to fly an X-Wing. not to say that I don't buy it, but it came off as out of character for her.
I know that this is an old comment, but Leia has had experience with X-Wings almost right from the get-go. The very first Star Wars novel, Splinter of the Minds Eye, which was intended to be the basis for a Star Wars movie if the first one was not a success, had Leia flying an X-Wing.

You people act as if that kind of selective ideal didn't exist, just because Vader was willing to blow up a planet and kill innocents in order to keep his power, that doesn't mean slavery didn't cause him an impact. You people are realy acting as if it was such a ridiculous idea, Adolf Hittler caused millions of deaths, yet he was also a vegetarian, just because Vader did plenty of evil things, it doesn't mean he wouldn't have tried to actualy accomplish anything else.

But alright, if you want your Star Wars as black and white then good for you, silly me for expecting better development for the villains...
It's all about keeping a consistent characterization for Darth Vader. The Disney characterization of Vader is that there is absolutely nothing redeeming about him until he comes across Luke reawakened the Anakin within him. He's not a machine like many think he is, but he's a man filled with nothing but pure rage and hate.

Aaron's Star Wars, Luceno's Tarkin, and Star Wars: Rebels are all going with this interpretation of Vader.

I know that this is an old comment, but Leia has had experience with X-Wings almost right from the get-go. The very first Star Wars novel, Splinter of the Minds Eye, which was intended to be the basis for a Star Wars movie if the first one was not a success, had Leia flying an X-Wing.

I can't speak much on the Star Wars novel (It's just a rabbit hole discussion), though 'Splinter' is still an 'What If' elsewhere story in the long run.

Hmm I wonder what is in the box that Obi-wan left for Luke? Could it be Qui-gon's saber or crystal?:awesome:

I'm really curious to know when the main series will move from a post-ANH/pre-ESB period to post-ESB/pre-ROTJ.

Granted, I'm not all caught up anyway, so it's not like I'm in any rush, but it would be interesting to see stories set in that particular period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"