- Captain Carter
- T’Challa Star-Lord
- Gamora
- Doctor Strange Supreme
- Party Thor
- King Killmonger
- Utatu The Watcher
- Black Widow

And will be composed of 10 episodes. Looking at the footage shown so far we can speculate what some of the episodes could be about...

- Peggy Carter becoming Captain Carter
- T’Challa becoming Star Lord
- Killmonger becoming Black Panther
- Thor's arrival on Earth
- Black Widow post apocalyptic journey
- Marvel Zombies
- Gamora
- Evil Doctor Strange
- The Watcher

And a look at some of the cast credited on IMDB:

Jeffrey Wright ... The Watcher
Hayley Atwell ... Peggy Carter
Josh Brolin ... Thanos
Dominic Cooper ... Howard Stark
David Dastmalchian... Kurt
Michael Douglas ... Ant-Man
Karen Gillan ... Nebula
Jeff Goldblum ... Grandmaster
Frank Grillo ... Brock Rumlow
Sean Gunn ... Kraglin
Chris Hemsworth ... Thor
Tom Hiddleston ... Loki
Djimon Hounsou ... Korath
Samuel L. J. ... Nick Fury
Toby Jones ... Arnim Zola
Michael B. J. ... Erik Killmonger
Neal McDonough ... Dum Dum Dugan
Natalie Portman ... Jane Foster
Jeremy Renner ... Clint Barton
Michael Rooker ... Yondu Udonta
Paul Rudd ... Ant-Man
Mark Ruffalo ... Bruce Banner
Sebastian Stan ... Bucky Barnes
Chris Sullivan ... Taserface
Stanley Tucci ... Dr. Abraham Erskine
Taika Waititi ... Korg
Chadwick B. ... Star Lord

I might watch the T'Challa becoming Star Lord episode due it being the last time we're going to here Chadwick in something new.

:csad:

I wonder what the first episode will be. If I had to guess, I'd say Captain Carter but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was the T'Challa as Star-Lord episode to hook people in right from the start since it's Chadwick's last role.

I wonder what the first episode will be. If I had to guess, I'd say Captain Carter but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was the T'Challa as Star-Lord episode to hook people in right from the start since it's Chadwick's last role.

Im thinking its Captain Carter for the 1st and Star-Lord for the 2nd. Those 2 seem to be marketed as the most prominent.

Breaking news, there's gonna be a What If? Marvel Legends wave. Nothing we didn't really already know as far as characters go besides Spidey being in the zombie episode and what Nebula will look like.

Was just typing that out too, Drizzle.

So it
- Confirms Spidey with cloak of levitation will fight Marvel Zombies.
- reveals "heist Nebula" with a blonde wig?
- Sets Captain Carter apart by being the only one with "Marvel's" in front of her name. Is it because she's the main character? Because they have plans to have her reappear elsewhere?
- Sylvie is included. She's just marketed as part of "Loki" so probably not relevant to What If. But she does come with Uatu's cloak and given the ending of Loki it's possible Uatu will reference her or something.

Those figures look pretty cool.

- Sets Captain Carter apart by being the only one with "Marvel's" in front of her name. Is it because she's the main character? Because they have plans to have her reappear elsewhere?

No I've seen that done before with other figures. It's usually done in situation where the characters name may potentially be used elsewhere like a different company. I think it has to do with Trademark stuff. Like for example, if they did a Marvel Legends figure of Scarecrow (the GR villain), they probably would put Marvel's Scarecrow to avoid confusion.

Was just typing that out too, Drizzle.

So it
- Confirms Spidey with cloak of levitation will fight Marvel Zombies.
- reveals "heist Nebula" with a blonde wig?
- Sylvie is included. She's just marketed as part of "Loki" so probably not relevant to What If. But she does come with Uatu's cloak and given the ending of Loki it's possible Uatu will reference her or something.

there are unconfirmed rumors that live action Captain Carter shows up in Dr. Strange 2. It comes from a questionable source though

They usually put "Marvel's" in front of certain character names on merchandise for copyright reasons. For example, Hawkeye figures are always marketed as "Marvel's Hawkeye". Same goes for other characters like Wasp, Falcon, Kingpin, Domino, etc.

As for Sylvie, that's just coincidental. She only has the cloak because he's the build-a-figure and there was a spot to include her in this wave as opposed to waiting for the next wave of figures from the live action MCU series for Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye.

No I've seen that done before with other figures. It's usually done in situation where the characters name may potentially be used elsewhere like a different company. I think it has to do with Trademark stuff. Like for example, if they did a Marvel Legends figure of Scarecrow (the GR villain), they probably would put Marvel's Scarecrow to avoid confusion.

They usually put "Marvel's" in front of certain character names on merchandise for copyright reasons. For example, Hawkeye figures are always marketed as "Marvel's Hawkeye". Same goes for other characters like Wasp, Falcon, Kingpin, Domino, etc.

Ah yeah, that makes sense. Apparently there's a Captain Carter in Star Fleet and since it's a title + name that someone could conceivably have in real life it's understandable.

I hope we get to see Jeffrey Wright as Uatu in live action somewhere down the line, but something tells me that's Marvel's plan anyway. After all, we did see a few Watchers in GOTG Vol. 2.

At least Strange's voice actor sounds more like Cumberbatch compared to Tony's voice actor to RDJ.

Do we know if it‘ll be standalone episodes? At first I thought, that they recreate all 20 MCU movies with one detail changed.
But it looks more and more, that the outcomes of those What if scenarios are connected

Do we know if it‘ll be standalone episodes? At first I thought, that they recreate all 20 MCU movies with one detail changed.
But it looks more and more, that the outcomes of those What if scenarios are connected

They are standalone in the sense that they are completely different universes. In one episode you have a universe where Steve never becomes Captain America but in another he's a Zombie Cap in the present day.

But based on some merchandise and clips from the trailers, it does seem some of these characters will be pulled from their respective universes and form some sort of team (how or why remains to be seen). I imagine the very last episode will deal with this team up.

@Venom 1988 is right, at 1:13 you can see how Captain Carter interacts with evil Doctor Strange and I highly doubt there stories are told in the same episode.

Apparently this came from a press briefing:
qg03bi4o2oe71.jpg
This implies that we will see at least

Klaue, Ramonda, Dr. Strange (and potentially Dormammu), Wong, Collector, John Flynn (from the Agent Carter one-shot), Proxima Midnight, T'Challa, Thor, Taserface, Surtur, Phil Coulson, Maria Hill, Okoye, Kurt, Korath, young Howard Stark, Rhodey, Sharon Carter, Hope Van Dyne, Crossbones, Batroc, Peggy Carter, Sif, Grandmaster, Hawkeye, T'Chaka, Happy Hogan, Thanos, Nebula, Darcy Lewis, Ego, Christine Everhart, Bruce Banner, Killmonger, Hank Pym, Yondu, Jane Foster, Dum Dum Dugan, Carina, Jarvis and/or Vision, Scott Lang, Topaz, Christine Palmer, Nick Fury, Kraglin, Bucky, Howard the Duck, Abraham Erskine, Korg, Ancient One, Arnim Zola, Loki, Ebony Maw

Most interesting to me is Bradley Whitford's John Flynn. That together with Brad Winderbaum's comment about "Fury's Big Week" seems to indicate that they're looking beyond just what has been explicitly in the movies.

So that confirmed that Captain Carter and Star T'Challa are in the first three episodes.

Episodes length are 30 Minutes according to Grace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"