Marvel's What If...? - General Discussion

So Peggy becomes Captain Carter
Steve Rogers become Iron Patriot
T'Challa becomes Star-Panther
Gamora takes her place as Thanos daughter in full Titan gear
Spider-Man Sorcerer Supreme

Last edited:
I will wait and see what the reviews are before I watch it. My animation these days are Rick and Morty and Invincible, although I will catch Bob's Burgers and The Great North from time to time.

Meh. Animation looks unappealing to me and the show itself looks boring. I will watch it, but I cannot get excited for this. Once Loki and Black Widow come and go, my hype trains next stop is Shang-Chi. I can bypass this stop lol

Not very appealing to me, mainly because of the fact that the show is animated (and non-canon).

I like animated shows, but I am so used to the "live-action"-ness of the MCU shows so far (WV, TFATWS and Loki), that I am anticipating Hawkeye much more than What If.

For the sake of being an MCU completionist, I will still check this out, but it feels so weird having this squeezed in between Loki and Hawkeye.

beautiful - and the release only 5 days later as earlier assumed

As others have stated, I too am not a fan of the animation style. Also, they couldn’t get a better voice actor for Tony Stark?

I wonder how long the episodes will be. I expect them to be not longer than 30min..but then again, they cover the story of the whole movies in a different angle

I wonder how long the episodes will be. I expect them to be not longer than 30min..but then again, they cover the story of the whole movies in a different angle

I would be shocked if they exceed 30 mins

So Peggy becomes Captain Carter
Steve Rogers become Iron Patriot
T'Challa becomes Star-Panther
Gamora takes her place as Thanos daughter in full Titan gear
Spider-Man Sorcerer Supreme

Would've made more sense if Spider-Man became Iron Patriot Boy.

When some of you say the animation seems bad, do you actually mean the character designs/style? Cause those are 2 different things.

I'm on the fence about the character designs, but I think the animation looks fine.

Whose head is in that jar?
And is Captain Carter fighting the monster from GOTG 2?

Thor’s voice doesn’t sync up with the mouth movements so it does feel a little off. And wish they had gotten someone less nasally for Stark.

But I’m more interested in the storylines anyway so they are minor complaints.

I am still very much looking forward to this mostly because by the time this comes out I'll be ready to ger more of my Marvel fix, but this overly stylized animation is definitely going to take time getting used too.

It looks like it still needs a bit more polishing too.

The animation style sort of reminds me of Spider-Man: The New Animated Series from MTV in the early 2000’s.

Wonder if this means Coulson will make an appearance?

When some of you say the animation seems bad, do you actually mean the character designs/style? Cause those are 2 different things.

I'm on the fence about the character designs, but I think the animation looks fine.

Honestly, I think both. Some of the costumes look like they would be fine, but the people and environments look awful and the animation brings me back to the 2000s MTV Spider-Man show. This I think easily is the worst looking product Feige has put out. Obviously, I haven't seen the show, so time will tell. But I cannot remember trailers for a prior MCU product that had me thinking it looks like a complete disaster before

Honestly, I think both. Some of the costumes look like they would be fine, but the people and environments look awful and the animation brings me back to the 2000s MTV Spider-Man show. This I think easily is the worst looking product Feige has put out. Obviously, I haven't seen the show, so time will tell. But I cannot remember trailers for a prior MCU product that had me thinking it looks like a complete disaster before

That's fair. I'm not particularly blown away by what I've seen either but I guess the concept of the show is what is drawing me in the most.

The MTV SpiderMan looks better than this design wise as they have some interesting things going on in them. These sort of look odd and lifeless

Not very appealing to me, mainly because of the fact that the show is animated (and non-canon).
I think this is when it's important to distinguish between canon and continuity. Canon means it's part of the official product that "counts." Continuity means that it's part of the same storyline as everything else. The story is 100% part of the Marvel studios canon. However, it does not appear to be part of the same continuity (although, with a multiverse, who knows?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"