Mass Effect 2...

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
...will be released at some point in 2010 on multiple platforms. Most likely 360, PC, and PS3.

http://kotaku.com/5145813/mass-effect-2-coming-in-2010-will-be-multiplatform

Kind of a bummer.

I don't see how they'll be able to pull off the whole "your actions in ME1 will have consequences carried over into the sequels" thing when they have to design ME2 around the fact that PS3 players don't have access to ME1. Unless....they port the first game over to PS3. Hmm...

I wonder what kind of gimmicky feature EA is gonna make Bioware add.

A Mirror's Edge 2 demo stand on board the Normandy?

...will be released at some point in 2010 on multiple platforms. Most likely 360, PC, and PS3.

http://kotaku.com/5145813/mass-effect-2-coming-in-2010-will-be-multiplatform

Kind of a bummer.

I don't see how they'll be able to pull off the whole "your actions in ME1 will have consequences carried over into the sequels" thing when they have to design ME2 around the fact that PS3 players don't have access to ME1. Unless....they port the first game over to PS3. Hmm...

Well they could do something similar to what was done in KOTOR 2 and have you basically tell what you did and have the rest of the game shaped around that only on a bigger scale and with the same characters instead of a new cast

I do hope they let us continue with our Shepards.

If the PS3 version of ME 1 isn´t announced soon, i see the "multi-platform" being 360 and PC, not PS3.

Isildur´s Heir;16382950 said:
If the PS3 version of ME 1 isn´t announced soon, i see the "multi-platform" being 360 and PC, not PS3.

Yeah. There's still no confirmation that it's going to the PS3. Exclusivity and EA aren't exactly bedfellows, but they are taking awhile to say "also available on PS3".

Isildur´s Heir;16382950 said:

I considered that, but no one ever says multiplatform in reference to PC games. Not to mention that ME2 coming in 2010 would make this E3 the perfect time to announce a port of ME1.

Last edited:
They'll port ME1 to PS3 eventually, since ME2 relies on it... that doesn't mean it'll be anytime soon. It could be holiday season this year, with the DLC included in a 'special edition' or something.

As for actual ME2, I wish they had another publisher that would give them time to make some real improvements to the game, but as is, I suspect its going to be the same game over again. I would slay, for instance, for a chance to field more than three people for once. I could also REALLY go for a more developed crew and ship management abilities, about as in-depth as managing your armor and weapons and squad skills and such. And a new class would be so boss, especially if they really did some redesign and made it a non-combat class. If they did all this and redesigned the conversation system to have a more kinetic back and forth, I would be sold completely. I'd be there opening night.

Also, controlling the convo with the mouse seemed tedious, really.

But chances are we'll get some new textures, maybe a new vehicle or ship and some new crewmembers and that'll be the long and short of it. Le-sigh.

Even if there is no port of ME1, Bioware is going to have to allow people to optionally play ME2 without ME1 data present. If there's no ME1 port on PS3, then playing ME2 would be exactly the same as playing it on Xbox 360 if you had no ME1 game save on your HDD or memory card. Unless of course, Bioware was just planning on making this happen if you tried...

xbox_360_kapot_rrod.jpg

Obviously though, it will be possible to play ME2 without pre-existing data, or else there are going to be a lot of PO'd customers. It's not unheard of for people to buy the sequel to a game they haven't played, and so it's going to be essential that Bioware makes sure it's possible to accommodate them to the best of their ability.

Still, an ME1 port for PS3 in time for Christmas 09 makes perfect sense, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they announce it at E3.

^Thats a good point that I hadn't thought of; 360 and PC users who haven's played the first one. I guess maybe during character creation if you don't have any ME1 save data you'll choose what you "did" similar to choosing your backstory in the first game. It's no substitute for actually playing Mass Effect, but that would be a good enough workaround I suppose.

In Baldur's Gate it you could use the same char across all 4 games with stats from the previous games. You were given option of using a pre-made or create your own high level character if you didn't already have one.

Does this mean another DLC for Mass Effect so to keep us at bay?

I hope so.

Does this mean another DLC for Mass Effect so to keep us at bay?

I hope so.

I would not hold your breath for more DLC. Before the game was released they were all talk about expanding the universe through DLC, and we got 1 thing and they never mentioned it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"