Mass Effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... what does Shepard do if he runs back to the Normandy and no one is there? Just put his hands on his waist and mutter "****" under his breath?

Or does he jump and fall?

Either one would be pretty humorous.

:lmao:

I don't mind her religious side at all actually, I just don't like the idea of using "God" as an argument in order to get somebody to change their beliefs - that's what bothered me about that scene.

I actually really liked that scene for that very reason. Not so much that God was used, but that faith was brought into an argument that ultimately about faith in other people...or beings (aliens). I always find it interesting when it's used in sci-fi.

I haven't played any of the Dead Space games, yet (they're in my pile of shame that I'm working through), but I've started Dead Space Extraction...and I've found the use of religion in that fiction to be interesting.

I don't mind her religious side at all actually, I just don't like the idea of using "God" as an argument in order to get somebody to change their beliefs - that's what bothered me about that scene.

That's how a lot of people are in real life though. It makes her a more effective character. I still hate her, and I regret letting her live for Kaiden in my main Paragon mission. Kaiden was boring, but I would take that over someone I'd want to toss out of the Mako any day.

That's how a lot of people are in real life though. It makes her a more effective character. I still hate her, and I regret letting her live for Kaiden in my main Paragon mission. Kaiden was boring, but I would take that over someone I'd want to toss out of the Mako any day.

I don't really understand all these hatred toward Ashley. She might be a flawed character, but she's not a despicable one.

Every time I tried to talk to Ash she seemed upset about something. While Wrex was chill, Garrius was cool and honorable, Tali was just awesome, and Liara at least had telepathy, Ashley just seemed like a person who always had an axe to grind with someone or something.

It also didn't help that she didn't bring much tactically. While the others had some cool powers, Ashley just had every weapon and some extra strength shots every now and then. At least Kaiden was good for hacking while Liara could bring some good biotic power. Ashley just didn't offer much for me.

Ashley takes the shot on Wrex if your Shephard doesn't. That's a Soldier.

My main Shep is an Adept, so Ashley actually helped a lot. Granted, Wrex still outclasses her overall.

Wrex could never die in my presence. That guy was too awesome for me not to talk him down.

Ashley was one of my stronger allies. I usually used Ashley/Garrus and Wrex in the ME1. I used Tali if I needed something to unlock. I used Liara sometimes and I never used Kaiden.

Of all of them Wrex was the best ally to use and I would never kill him or even put him away for another person in my party.

Every time I tried to talk to Ash she seemed upset about something. While Wrex was chill, Garrius was cool and honorable, Tali was just awesome, and Liara at least had telepathy, Ashley just seemed like a person who always had an axe to grind with someone or something.

It also didn't help that she didn't bring much tactically. While the others had some cool powers, Ashley just had every weapon and some extra strength shots every now and then. At least Kaiden was good for hacking while Liara could bring some good biotic power. Ashley just didn't offer much for me.

Ashley is a soldier, so if your Shepard is an adapt or engineer you can certainly use her for her firepowers. My Shepard is a soldier as well, so I like to use Tali (for hacking) and Liara (for warp & singularity) during my mission. But she is far from useless.

I'm sure talks are already in progress about how they'll proceed once ME3 is done. I'm guessing, and Hudson's comments kind of support this, that they won't attempt a ME4/5/6 trilogy - but they've repeatedly said that they're looking to continue developing the Mass Effect franchise. I just wonder how much they'll try to branch out this series. I think of all the new series created this gen, Mass Effect as a universe clearly has the greatest potential to endure in the long term. Just going by stuff like the comments in GameInformer it seems that we'll be seeing something with a multiplayer focus down the line but I'm just left wondering if we'll be seeing ME make its way into different genres.

I don't think there's any doubt. If I were to speculate, I would have to imagine the next game after Mass Effect 3 will probably be something a bit more mainstream, maybe rooted more in traditional shooter action with a strong multiplayer component (developed by DICE please :hrt:). But I can definitely
see Mass Effect expanding into all sorts of different directions.

I don't think there's any doubt. If I were to speculate, I would have to imagine the next game after Mass Effect 3 will probably be something a bit more mainstream, maybe rooted more in traditional shooter action with a strong multiplayer component (developed by DICE please :hrt:). But I can definitely see Mass Effect expanding into all sorts of different directions.

OMG DUDE! :awesome:

That would be amazing, now you've got me dreaming that DICE's involvement with ME3 is the start of that.

Last edited:
Yeah, my Shep was an engineer in the first game, and Ashley was extremely useful to me.

I preferred either Garrius or Wrex over Ashley if I needed firepower. Both guys either had the guns I didn't have, and their moves gave me something extra. Garrius was just awesome because he could help with long range fights and hacking and electronics.

OMG DUDE! :awesome:

That would be amazing, now you've got me dreaming that DICE's involvement with ME3 is the start of that.

Hopefully! I know it's a stretch, but when it came out that DICE was assisting with ME3, it really got my imagination working overtime. :funny:

Oooooh man, if we got a Mass Effect FPS with online MP developed by DICE or at least with heavy DICE involvement...

Yubba...

I've heard talks of a Mass Effect MMO.

While this would be a better set up in terms of everyone on the same playing field in terms of character, I don't like MMOs.

Bioware please make some sort of game involving KOTOR or Mass Effect that can be a single player game.

I've heard talks of a Mass Effect MMO.

While this would be a better set up in terms of everyone on the same playing field in terms of character, I don't like MMOs.

Bioware please make some sort of game involving KOTOR or Mass Effect that can be a single player game.

I think Mass Effect can work as a FPS a la Battlefield or COD.

How about a FPS set during the time of the Rachni war?

I doubt we'll see a ME mmo with The Old Republic coming out.

I wouldn't play a Mass Effect MMO. Mostly because I wouldn't play any MMOs.

Normally I wouldn't, but I might get Old Republic if only because I'm Bioware's ****e. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"