Matt Shakman Is The Director

Very exciting to see movement on this

Willing to give him a chance!! After thanks debacle anyone can’t do worse…could they??!!

How much casting control do MCU directors have? Do you think Shakman is able to overturn casting decisions from their casting director Sarah Halley Finn? Or even Feige? Would she change her mind if she cast them already but Shakman thinks someone is better?

I think Feige has the final say and directors are mostly disposable. The last director I remember having complete casting control was Jon Favreau when he was 100% gung ho for RDJ. Remember it was Feige who also pushed Chris Pratt as Star Lord, James Gunn had preferred other actors for Star Lord over Pratt.

I assume it’s collaborative. They probably try to find someone everybody can agree on, and if the director has somebody he’s in love with, I’m sure Feige will listen. And I don’t think Feige would force someone he hated on him.

It’s probably like most work-places. My boss has the final say, but if I want something and can justify it, he won’t stand in my way. And he won’t force anything I think is a bad idea on me.

How much casting control do MCU directors have? Do you think Shakman is able to overturn casting decisions from their casting director Sarah Halley Finn? Or even Feige? Would she change her mind if she cast them already but Shakman thinks someone is better?

I think Feige has the final say and directors are mostly disposable. The last director I remember having complete casting control was Jon Favreau when he was 100% gung ho for RDJ. Remember it was Feige who also pushed Chris Pratt as Star Lord, James Gunn had preferred other actors for Star Lord over Pratt.
I'm assuming its always been 50/50. But obviously Marvel Studios has the final say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"