Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is going on with this thread? Is a mod just putting random posts from other threads in here?

I think there merging threads that were in the wrong place.

Just cleaning it up, sadly sometimes a thread gets created and has substance to it, even if theirs already a thread that discusses that or is in the wrong place, sadly our admins are still humans and not robots yet.:oldrazz:

As for the poor BO of Apes - Spider-man hurt apes Box office, just as much as Apes hurt spider-mans' BO. If costs of tickets are anything like in the GTA (10$+), people have to be much more particular what movies they can see. I'd have seen both if it was under 10$ on days other than tuesdays, and I wasn't forced to watch 3D.

I decided on Apes as I loved the first 2, and well I don't feel the need to see another spider-man film yet.

Much like B vs S they'll try to make sure they have at least 3 weeks before the next big block buster comes out, ensuring 3 weeks of success.

Astonishing isn't it, that we haven't had a live-action Batman TV series since the days of Adam West*. Yes, so long as it didn't become 'Bat-soap' I'd be up for it. Not sure about the Elseworlds aspect, but definitely explore deeper, more complex arcs that require the timescale that a TV run can provide.

*Gotham doesn't count - I'm talking about a series that follows Batman.

If I had to guess, the blame falls on the Burton Batman. It proved that Batman was a huge moneymaker on the big screen. Given the traditional divide between movie and TV, that pretty much killed any willingness to use him on TV.

If I had to guess, the blame falls on the Burton Batman. It proved that Batman was a huge moneymaker on the big screen. Given the traditional divide between movie and TV, that pretty much killed any willingness to use him on TV.

That makes sense. Twenty years or so after West's series would probably have been about the time they'd have thought about doing it, allowing enough time for the 60s 'camp' image to fade if they'd wanted to go in a more serious direction. I guess the movies probably beat them to the punch.

Last edited:
The Bat stories do work better as serialized tales to be honest. Maybe one day.

Quoted for truth.

Plus the fact that they say crime levels went so low that Batman wasn't needed any more.

Yup, Batman's "sacrifice" actually lead to the Harvey Dent Act that allowed GCPD to lock up all the criminals in town for 8 years, until Batman's needed again.

So Bruce went into victim mode after he's not needed anymore, so when he tried to return Alfred was telling him he has an addiction, he's trying to kill himself.

Is WB allowed to market The Batman as "from the visionary director of Dawn/War of the Planet of the Apes?"

As for the b.o. - I think releasing right after Spidey (maybe parents had to take kids to Spidey even if they themselves want to watch Apes), poor marketing, doom/gloom feel of the last film, social/political times in 2017 making people want to avoid sad movies?

I think if Batman's in this Ape movie the b.o. will shoot over 150M anyway, people don't mind a dark adult movie for Batman (and no BR is just, weird).

Maybe post-Batman the new overused phrase will be "we're gonna make an "emotional" movie..." "we're gonna reboot Transformers and make it an "emotional" franchise" etc.

Saw War for the Planet of the Apes. This movie is in the best possible hands.
Agree.
I guess I was making reference to the fact that Reeves could well be moving Batman away from Snyder's take, as BvS was reviled by the majority, in the same way that Diana very much stands alone in her solo movie, with very few links to BvS. My choice of wording was poor though, for that, apologies.
Um, not much of anything in this post is true.
I'm guessing if WB was actually happy with Affleck's script that them not allowing Reeves to start over might have been what held up negotiations initially.
That's what I think as well.

Last edited:
Maybe post-Batman the new overused phrase will be "we're gonna make an "emotional" movie..." "we're gonna reboot Transformers and make it an "emotional" franchise" etc.

Yeah... They may have to start specifying which emotion! :yay:

1a2lii54qeaz.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be onboard with a well made Batman TV series just so I could see something like The Long Halloween put on film.

And there's the other shoe.

Ben Affleck's Batman future in doubt as Warner Bros. plots franchise http://thr.cm/kZwSJy

Damn, I hope that's not true.

And this...

Warners could hypothetically create dual Batmen, keeping Affleck in the role for a planned Justice League follow-up while letting Reeves cast his movie with a different star. But that hardly seems likely.

... is just ridiculous.

Man that is not a good article to have drop just before their big panel... sucks Ben will likely leave but I'd be lying if I didn't see it as a real possibility. I'm bummed. Especially they reference that Joss Whedon is heading extensive reshoots, essentially cleaning up the mess that Zack Snyder probably started.

Damn, I hope that's not true.

And this...

... is just ridiculous.

I think that's in reference to the "prequel" idea where Reeve's Batman trilogy could take place at any point during the 20 years prior to BvS and MOS. I wouldn't be interested in that really.

I think that's in reference to the "prequel" idea where Reeve's Batman trilogy could take place at any point during the 20 years prior to BvS and MOS. I wouldn't be interested in that really.

Likewise, zero interest in Batman prequels.

I think its more that, if Affleck wants out, they want to get to recasting ASAP. Especially if The Batman hasn't even started production yet, they've got time to play with.

Knew it.

The most interesting bit in that article is the Justice League "extensive reshoots" :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"