Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

Guys, don't be silly.
We see her leave the city in this film. we will never see her again in the sequels nor spinoffs.
:yay:

I think some people get scared about Catwoman upstaging Batman.

I mean, if you let Rob turn the limiters off then that is never gonna happen

Meryl goddamn Streep could play Catwoman and she isn't upstaging him lmao

I do find it strange a decision to have Selina straight up dip from the city.

I don't see how. It's not like it happened in this movie, and Batman Returns is really the only time she did.
Yes but it could happen. She can have more fun and be playful. I also think people just don't like Batman and Catwoman and want other female characters to come and romance Batman/Bruce Wayne. I think it's a disservice. I think it's far more interesting to have her stick around for 2-3 films and not just disappear. She is crucial to Batman.

Yes but it could happen. She can have more fun and be playful. I also think people just don't like Batman and Catwoman and want other female characters to come and romance Batman/Bruce Wayne. I think it's a disservice. I think it's far more interesting to have her stick around for 2-3 films and not just disappear. She is crucial to Batman.

Catwoman is Batman's most popular love interest, and probably has the larger shipper base within Batman fandom. I think they're an overrated pairing, but I also know I'm the minority in that regard. She is crucial to Batman, but this wouldn't be the first or even second Batman film series that had Catwoman not show up in every installment. In any event, it's very likely that even if she doesn't show up in the second film, she'll be back for the third, which would be more than what the character got in the Burton/Schumacher or Nolan series.

And I doubt people are scared that Catwoman could upstage Batman. Joker is the only Batman character where I could see people actually being worried he'd upstage Batman, and that's because he's done it more than once.

Catwoman is Batman's most popular love interest, and probably has the larger shipper base within Batman fandom. I think they're an overrated pairing, but I also know I'm the minority in that regard. She is crucial to Batman, but this wouldn't be the first or even second Batman film series that had Catwoman not show up in every installment. In any event, it's very likely that even if she doesn't show up in the second film, she'll be back for the third, which would be more than what the character got in the Burton/Schumacher or Nolan series.

And I doubt people are scared that Catwoman could upstage Batman. Joker is the only Batman character where I could see people actually being worried he'd upstage Batman, and that's because he's done it more than once.
It’d be the first to have her show up more than once. That’s why I want to have it happen. Especially since we haven’t gotten the full Catwoman yet.

I definitely want her to come back and she definitely will, I just hope that if it is in part 2, there’s a good reason for her returning and it’s not immediate. It’s a bit frustrating when a major plot point (in this case, Selina wanting to GTFO of Gotham) is immediately undone just because the studio is afraid of the film series not having a certain character around for a time. If you want an example, look no further than what happened with a popular character in a certain sci-fi show with helmets and bounty hunters.

f71c1e00b63f951803c22521527b618e257bd2f6.gifv

1e936b29dc1a20b6e7b98b5d7114152a3dfe7b41.gifv

2c664c3f0a3f6141c6fe6fd1a3c620108d0ed184.gifv

4eb1655a71ab782a3928c630a2998ce7ad16b88e.gifv

5b2ec1db4b20571a00bd203dc56ef65264f6db5f.gifv

9d578ac6cd0723ac6ef9e70a0d86d0ab803f3142.gifv

277068af020d00cabe77fba7ed62618f010033c3.gifv

So, having finally seen the movie. . . yeah, I would definitely approve of Zoe getting her own spinoff. I kind of would prefer she not appear in the direct Batman sequel, because it would kind of go against the theme of the ending, but in her own Catwoman movie or series, or something along those lines? Absolutely.

( Appearing *further* down the road in a later Batman movie would be fine. Its just, after the way it ended, her immediately showing up again to play romantic foil again, would be kind of wishy washy. Now, having her appear in a brief guest appearance, where Batman 'called in a favor from out of town', *that* could work. "Bruce receives a package in the mail containing helpful information/evidence, along with a scene cut showing Selina stealing said stuff as a favor." )

I think she’s 100 percent in the sequel but a much smaller role. Probably arrive in the second half of the movie in some surprise return (probably spoiled in one of the trailers ugh).

I definitely want her to come back and she definitely will, I just hope that if it is in part 2, there’s a good reason for her returning and it’s not immediate. It’s a bit frustrating when a major plot point (in this case, Selina wanting to GTFO of Gotham) is immediately undone just because the studio is afraid of the film series not having a certain character around for a time. If you want an example, look no further than what happened with a popular character in a certain sci-fi show with helmets and bounty hunters.

Mando and Grogu come to mind, which IMHO was detrimental to both Book of Boba Fett and Mandalorian Season 3.

With the state the city’s in right now, there’s no need for Selina to go back to her apartment to try to live in this muck. She ain’t gonna be working at the Iceberg Lounge the next night either, I can tell yuh that much. So what would she do in this flooded city? Her best bet is to dip, try to take down some lame CEO types (as she puts it in the final scene). Go try to live in a cleaner, dryer city in the meantime. She obviously gets a bit over her head with some dangerous folks and learns a lot from the experience. Fully formed, she returns to Gotham because she’s had enough or possibly murdered someone. Gotham is more habitable by this point and the chip on her shoulder grows into this strong sense of entitlement more than ever. A “screw this, i’m taking my own spot when I come back” mentality. This makes her bump heads with Batman when she returns.

As for her return? Bring her back in the third act with some grand entrance. Sassy “Catwoman” saves Batman and lets him know she’s evolved and wants what she wants (in ways that Batman may not agree with).

It’s also classic noir to bring that romantic/sexual tug of war back between the two. Batman is happy to see her again but unhappy with how she’s progressed. Catwoman on the other hand is also happy to see him but has better **** to do at this point. Perhaps they tease some jealousy, perhaps they don’t. If you have a Silver St Cloud or Poison Ivy in the mix then you can no doubt go down that path but it’s also not super necessary either. I just don’t think Selina will be in the second movie too much. But her role is guaranteed.

She’s the second lead in the sequel and if you don’t think that you don’t know how movies work

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"