Colin Farrell IS The Penguin

Yea I actually enjoyed The Penguin in this more than I do in just about every other version of the character in any form. I’m excited to see his rise to being a crime boss.

Colin was brilliant as Oz, he played it brilliant. A low level mob enforcer for Carmine Falcone working his way up to becoming Crime boss of his own. I definitely want to see more. Clearly Matt Reeves drew inspiration from The Arkham Series games for the look of the Penguin.

Yeah, Colin stole every scene he was in. The
URL/You are el
scene was brilliant to me and he played it up very well. And when Batman showed him the photos, his reaction was hilarious.

People were saying the Penguin show was weird, but seeing his performance and just knowing what you can do with crime shows, I get why Reeves and WB/HBO were interested in exploring it.

Farrell absolutely nailed it. He was in the film a bit more than I had anticipated and I was thankful for that. Like someone already said - complete scene stealer.

Colin was as amazing as the damn makeup. And its only right that after being the best part of a mediocre superhero film almost 20 years ago that he gets to give a great performance in a much much better one now!

NO SMOKING!
I agree it's bad, My Dad and Uncle died from lung cancer after smoking 3 packs a day for over 35 years. :csad:
But it's been part of the character since Bill Finger created Penguin with slight help from Kane.

H22358-L210528721.jpg

Also the JOKER got to puff away in his own movie. I know it's rated "R".

wp4580722.jpg

The Penguin's creation was even inspired by the little cartoon penguin they used to advertise Kool cigarettes back in the day;

kool.jpg

Farrell was outstanding. I remember people saying you can at times see Colin come through, but I honestly didn't at all. There's a specific moment in the film where
Batman slams Penguin up against the glass after he gives some sarcastic answers. Then he gives Batman this menacing smirk and I was like "THAT'S the Penguin" .
Not to mention his exchanges with Batman an Gordon were just amazing.

The makeup job was just phenomenal and I think his performance more than justifies the upcoming HBO Max series. I cannot wait to see more of this guy.

Imagine being The Batman, and you're one-upped by the Penguin who happens to know better Spanish than you do. But yes, fantastic performance from Colin Farrell. Not once did I ever think "I can tell that's Colin Farrell" and I can't wait to see his series. Would love to see it have a sort of Boardwalk Empire-vibe, but I always say that in regards to any Batman HBO Max spin-off that Reeves has in mind. That and I love Boardwalk Empire.

He was so great. Didn’t think it was Colin Farrell for a second. He’s redeemed himself in a comic book movie after Bullseye, which to be fair, he purposely played over the top.

He was so great. Didn’t think it was Colin Farrell for a second. He’s redeemed himself in a comic book movie after Bullseye, which to be fair, he purposely played over the top.
I have a soft spot for that film, particularly the directors cut haha.

Colin was brilliant as Oz, he played it brilliant. A low level mob enforcer for Carmine Falcone working his way up to becoming Crime boss of his own. I definitely want to see more. Clearly Matt Reeves drew inspiration from The Arkham Series games for the look of the Penguin.
Such a good way of introducing him for the long game. I’ve always wanted Penguin like this as a more serious and persistent character in a Batman-universe.

Farrell was excellent, but I have no desire to see an HBO Max spin off show with him. I loved the movie, but this just comes off more as WB's plan to just put stuff on their streamer with IP's.

I’m not too hot on it either - but Ozark/Breaking Bad/The Sopranos/True Detective done in the Bat universe could be great if done well.

It would also give them the opportunity to introduce smaller characters or villains there rather than needing to waste time getting the audience familiar with them in a movie. Maroni and other mob families, Black Mask, Deadshot all move in this mob world and could be introduced to this universe through the series.

I'm here for it. Especially for a well written mini series. One season maybe 8 episodes.

If Reeves wasn't overseeing it, I probably would be a bit more skeptical but I have a feeling this is gonna be something Reeves wants for his world to feel more expanded.

I wonder if Penguin will Absorb the 44 Below or if he'll move his operations entirely since so much heat was on it.

How did everyone feel about the Iceberg Longue BTW? We've have 4 live action Penguins and this is only our second version of it.

After this performance and look for Penguin, I’m interested to know where even the idea of this possibility of casting Farrell and completely changing his look came from. Can’t believe it worked so well. When originally announced I thought Farrell would have the acting ability to pull off a great Penguin but I expected to be disappointed with the look.

How did everyone feel about the Iceberg Longue BTW? We've have 4 live action Penguins and this is only our second version of it.
I really wanted the Iceberg Lounge and hope it stays a feature in all of the Reeves films. Was very happy with the version we got and glad to see it get used/revisited a lot. Great to have an iconic venue like that where a ton of dirty mob and political things can go down, with Penguin pulling all the strings as the owner.

Do you guys want Penguin to use the umbrellas? They're pretty iconic and I guess a hidden blade umbrella would be pretty cool but he was definitely recognizable enough in this film without them

Do you guys want Penguin to use the umbrellas? They're pretty iconic and I guess a hidden blade umbrella would be pretty cool but he was definitely recognizable enough in this film without them
Anything from the lore they can fit in and make work is a bonus IMO (would love an umbrella gun). If Reeves and co don’t fancy those things then fair enough but I would eventually love to see the top hat and monocle too if they think they would fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"