Paul Dano is Edward Nashton aka "The Riddler"

TheGuy

Dwelling under the Batcave
Reaction score
'The Batman' Casts Paul Dano as The Riddler

Matt Reeves has found his Riddler for The Batman. Paul Dano has joined the film as the classic villain, Warner Bros. announced Thursday.

Dano's version of the character will be named Edward Nashton, a departure from the comic books in which he goes by the name Edward Nygma.

Robert Pattinson is starring in The Batman, with Zoe Kravitz to play Catwoman and Jeffrey Wright on board as Batman ally Commissioner Gordon. Jonah Hill was at one point eyeing a role in the film as either Riddler or The Penguin, but the deal did not come to fruition.

Dano was recently nominated for an Emmy for his role in Escape at Dannemora. Dano directed, co-wrote and produced the critically-acclaimed film Wildlife. His film credits include Love and Mercy, Prisoners, 12 Years a Slave, There Will Be Blood, Youth and Okja, amongst others. Dano is represented by Anonymous Content, WME, Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder and Christopher and Relevant.

Warner Bros. opens The Batman on June 25, 2021.

Article confirms that they are going with Edward Nashton instead of Edward Nygma.

Fine with either name. Both have been used before.

This is such beautiful casting! Didn't think of it before, but it works so well.

Isn't Nashton meant to be Nygma's real name? I thought he was the one who changed it to Nygma at some point. I don't think that's a "departure from the comic books" like the article claims.

Isn't Nashton meant to be Nygma's real name? I thought he was the one who changed it to Nygma at some point. That's not a "departure from the comic books" like the article claims.
Indeed. This may imply this Is an early Nygma who has not yet embraced the Riddler mantle yet

OMG I love this; it's like all my fancasts are coming true!!

from May:

The Batman Saga by Matt Reeves

Riddler: Paul Dano, 34
film-ellen-570.jpg

I'll be honest, Dano usually annoys me in things more often than not, BUT he's also a good actor who just so happens to be perfect for this role, so I'm digging this choice.

WAY more than Jonah Hill...who I thought was up for Penguin, lol.

I loved him in Prisoners, Little Miss Sunshine, & Okja. He's perfect. Spot-on casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"