Paul Dano is Edward Nashton aka "The Riddler"

Hill would have brought an unsettling weirdness in his more, with all due respect to him, his more schlubby look.

Either for Riddler or Colson. Strong as Riddler reminds me of arkham or tellatale riddler

I could definitely see him as Colson, but reading about Strong makes me think he'd rather not do comic book movies.

i think maybe Dent was originally in the script and it got reworked into being Colson and then tying him into corruption and that's when Strong was out. DA role became less of an important factor.

Nah I doubt Dent was ever in the script. Just scoopers assuming Strong was up for Dent because the description they were given said “district attorney”. I’m sure he declined for Colson but looking at that Riddler cafe concept art, I’m willing to bet this was a Gary Oldman “offered the role of Ras Al Ghul then Jim Gordon” case. Only Jeremy said no to both. I remember saying that Strong would be miscast as Harvey but could have played a more traditional Riddler. So maybe i wasn’t far off there. He’s a weasel. Which makes him perfect for Colson or Nashton/Nygma and so wrong for Dent.

Strong would have driven himself mad with riddles if he took the role.

Nah I doubt Dent was ever in the script. Just scoopers assuming Strong was up for Dent because the description they were given said “district attorney”. I’m sure he declined for Colson but looking at that Riddler cafe concept art, I’m willing to bet this was a Gary Oldman “offered the role of Ras Al Ghul then Jim Gordon” case. Only Jeremy said no to both. I remember saying that Strong would be miscast as Harvey but could have played a more traditional Riddler. So maybe i wasn’t far off there. He’s a weasel. Which makes him perfect for Colson or Nashton/Nygma and so wrong for Dent.
Strong would've played a more gentleman riddler who speaks in a very educated way like Hannibal Lecter. Dano is a modernized version of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Strong would've played a more gentleman riddler who speaks in a very educated way like Hannibal Lecter. Dano is a modernized version of Jeffrey Dahmer.
He would have fit that Riddler for sure. He’s wrong for this version of Riddler. Dano is perfect for it. But that doesn’t mean Reeves didn’t offer him this part. Ali was offered Gordon and couldn’t do it. I think he was wrong for Gordon but Matt didn’t think so. Just like Nolan offered Ras to Guy Pearce. It all worked out for the better.

He would have fit that Riddler for sure. He’s wrong for this version of Riddler. Dano is perfect for it. But that doesn’t mean Reeves didn’t offer him this part. Ali was offered Gordon and couldn’t do it. I think he was wrong for Gordon but Matt didn’t think so. Just like Nolan offered Ras to Guy Pearce. It all worked out for the better.
would have been wild to see Mahershala as Gordon. wonder how he'd play it. I'm glad we got Jeffrey though. Love him.

He likely would have played him like his True Detective character. I just think he’s way too tall and too young.

I think an actor like Giancarlo would've been a better alternative version for Gordon. Mahershala is Dent or Croc material and possibly a younger Gordon from that experimental Aronofsky Batman.

I'd say Barry Keoghan has Berkowitz vibes, actually. It's there in the voice, but it's also apparent in his facial features, imo. Sans Joker makeup, obviously. ;)

berkowitz-in-army-uniform.jpg

I remember commenting as much before Keoghan's involvement was leaked.

Is anyone else just not a fan of this Riddler at all? Dano was a fan cast of of mine well before he was cast and I really liked his design but I really didn’t like much of what they did with his character.

Is anyone else just not a fan of this Riddler at all? Dano was a fan cast of of mine well before he was cast and I really liked his design but I really didn’t like much of what they did with his character.
The only one that didn't work for me is Dano's Riddler. I get he's supposed to be that unremarkable guy who's been ignored his whole life, but I still feel he needed more presence. I never found him truly menacing.

The only one that didn't work for me is Dano's Riddler. I get he's supposed to be that unremarkable guy who's been ignored his whole life, but I still feel he needed more presence. I never found him truly menacing.
I found him to be a sicko, but he was too nuts and unhinged to really be my preferred take on Riddler. I agree that he was the worst part of the movie for me.

For me he was pretty good and creepy, specially at Coulson's bomb scene. I'm not a fan of the costume and the arkham scene overacting, through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"