Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

I'm still unsure how in universe that is though, that could just as easily be a genuine continuity error with the prop more than anything else. I feel like there'd be slightly more attention brought to it if it was intentional.

And technically it’s not part of the movie. The scene was deleted, which means if they wanted to remake the scene in the sequel...they could. Same with the prequel book for kids...If it ain’t in the movie, it didn’t happen.

Bruce traveled the world and learnt from several martial arts teachers. Well, that may be revealed to be true in a sequel. But for now it shouldn’t be seen as canon. Alls we know from the movie is, Bruce was trained by Alfred. The girl from the book? That could have been created by that author to give Bruce a little cute love interest for whoever’s reading that book. Someone here (Invader maybe?) already pointed out how the book contradicts the movie regarding the Falcone/Maroni stuff.

Right now I’m even ignoring the way Penguin acted towards Selina in that deleted scene. “If it ain’t in the movie!...”

And technically it’s not part of the movie. The scene was deleted, which means if they wanted to remake the scene in the sequel...they could. Same with the prequel book for kids...If it ain’t in the movie, it didn’t happen.

Bruce traveled the world and learnt from several martial arts teachers. Well, that may be revealed to be true in a sequel. But for now it shouldn’t be seen as canon. Alls we know from the movie is, Bruce was trained by Alfred. The girl from the book? That could have been created by that author to give Bruce a little cute love interest for whoever’s reading that book. Someone here (Invader maybe?) already pointed out how the book contradicts the movie regarding the Falcone/Maroni stuff.

Right now I’m even ignoring the way Penguin acted towards Selina in that deleted scene. “If it ain’t in the movie!...”

I dunno, my main rule of thumb has always been that scenes described in interviews and the like, but not actively shown are not canon. That's textbook cutting room floor. But scenes that are shown (but not in the movie) I do treat as canonically occurring unless they blatantly contradict something. Which isn't the case with either the Penguin or Joker scene. It wouldn't surprise me if the paperclip thing never comes up again though, it's not really shown enough for me to 100% think it was an intentional choice and not just a prop oversight.

/QUOTE]
It doesn't.

Quite interesting watching one of the featurettes and it mentions they were going to have a Bruce Wayne with a buzzcut, I know Pattinson's rocked it before and i guess practically it makes sense, but I just couldn't imagine this Bruce Wayne without the hair.

Maybe he started with the buzzcut and after shaving it a few times, he just grew it out like screw it i don’t have time for this.

will he be having long hair again in the sequel or are they going shorter?

Cut Rob’s hair for the next one and I feel like his Bruce would look very Peck-ish.

I've always thought Peck had pretty much the perfect Bruce Wayne look. Just give him Paul Newman's piercing blue eyes and that is very much my personal mental image of Bruce. Square-jawed with strong features, but also longer faced, with more angular features like that nose than you normally would not see on Clark Kent. I'm not a fan of artists like Jim Lee and Scott Snyder who basically draw Clark and Bruce as interchangeable.

I also think Neal Adams' Bruce had a lot of Gregory Peck in him:
bat_43_002.png

99c2f623556424543483b5705936a4d6.jpg

Peck is also a great model for Pattinson's Bruce, since Durran is dressing Pattinson in Savile Row bespoke tailoring as Bruce, which is what Peck wore both in his personal life and in most of his films. For instance, Peck's iconic Atticus Finch three-piece suits were tailored by his usual tailors, H. Huntsman on Savile Row.

EDIT: I guess Alex Ross's older Bruce from Kingdom Come was also inspired by Peck:
maxresdefault.jpg

EJwd8lbWoAEfuGV.jpg

I feel like his hair was also inspired by Hugh Hefner's look

OMG. Little Edie really is the vibe.

Some of you are sadly showing a lack of style, hopefully not respect...

...the two skirts and once dress I bought (let alone my rompers) are wonderful - 'dudes' shouldn't have stopped wearing these types of things in the early 1900's [mind you, I'm talking in generalities].

Never felt more powerful walking down the streets. Also, pants are the most idiotic concept for having junk in the trunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"