Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

James.B

In search of the absurd
Reaction score
Zoe Kravitz to Play Catwoman in ‘The Batman’

“Big Little Lies” star Zoe Kravitz has been tapped to play Catwoman, the antiheroine and sometime love interest of the Caped Crusader, in Matt Reeves’ upcoming “The Batman.”

Pre-production on the Warner Bros.-DC Comics pic is expected to start this summer. No official start date has been set, although insiders tell Variety that filming could start in late 2019 or early 2020.

Kravitz is coming off her second season of HBO’s “Big Little Lies,” which aired its finale in July. She also has the Hulu series “High Fidelity” coming out later this year.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm. She's.....alright, I guess. She doesn't really have the "look" I'd expect. To me she looks too girlish and not athletic enough. If they were going for a black actress, I'd have thought someone like Zazie Beetz or Tessa Thompson fits better. But we'll see I guess.

They were definitely looking for a POC actress here. Considering Ana was my first choice, it's comforting that Zoe earned the spot amongst those candidates.

Hmmmmm. She's.....alright, I guess. She doesn't really have the "look" I'd expect. To me she looks too girlish and not athletic enough. If they were going for a black actress, I'd have thought someone like Zazie Beetz or Tessa Thompson fits better. But we'll see I guess.
For me, she has the look, just not the acting/presence. BUT, for some reason I can easily imagine her having good chemistry with Rob, so as you say, we'll see.

Awesome. She also voiced Catwoman in The Lego Batman movie!

And it was purrfect.

tumblr_p1z2xqURBz1waa4l3o2_540.gifv

I can't wait for anti-sjws to rant about DC/WB being "PC" because of this casting :whatever:

I don't know much about Kravitz and I've only seen her in Dope. She was fine in Dope, so I'm sure she will do an adequate job as Catwoman.

I am fine with this because practically any Chick could have played her

I will say I think she's better for the role than De Armas or *shudder* Vanessa Hudgens, so at least there's that.

They were definitely looking for a POC actress here. Considering Ana was my first choice, it's comforting that Zoe earned the spot amongst those candidates.
agreed! Ana was my first choice but i think Zoe will nail it!

For me, she has the look, just not the acting/presence. BUT, for some reason I can easily imagine her having good chemistry with Rob, so as you say, we'll see.

I've seen her in Mad Max Fury Road, X-Men: First Class, and Crimes of Grindelwald, and she didn't make much of an impression in any of them, so I'm not convinced of her acting yet either.

I've seen her in Mad Max Fury Road, X-Men: First Class, and Crimes of Grindelwald, and she didn't make much of an impression in any of them, so I'm not convinced of her acting yet either.
Check out Big Little Lies. It's a great show, and she's a main focus of Season 2 (which just ended).

Check out Big Little Lies. It's a great show, and she's a main focus of Season 2 (which just ended).

I saw that show and Zoe really didn't stand out to me.

Only thing I've seen her in where she sorta made an impression was Big Little Lies. But as she was acting along side Laura Dern, Nicole Kidman and Meryl Streep all on their A-games, she still wasn't a standout.

I could see her having a similar style to her Crimes of Grindelwald wardrobe in some ball scene with Bruce or something, but she still looks like too much of a little girl, to me.

zoe-kravitz-as-leta-lestrange-in-fantastic-beasts-2_63025_2932x2932.jpg

I saw that show and Zoe really didn't stand out to me.
It’s a muted role, but it was also by design (without going into spoilers). That’s a centerpiece for Kidman and Reese to go off anyway. But Zoe did put in some work which I wouldn’t discount.

Like I said before she has yet to give a career-defining performance, but all the same I can’t really say she was ever given the opportunity to shine and failed at it. So I am excited by the possibilities under Reeves’ direction and opposite Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"