Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

James.B

In search of the absurd
Reaction score
Robert Pattinson to Play ‘The Batman’ for Matt Reeves and Warner Bros. (EXCLUSIVE)

He’s going from sex symbol to bat symbol. Sources tell Variety that Robert Pattinson will play “The Batman” in Matt Reeves’ forthcoming superhero film, which hits theaters June 25, 2021.

Pre-production on the Warner Bros.-DC Comics pic is expected to start this summer.

Reeves, the filmmaker behind the last two “Planet of the Apes” sequels, assumed “Batman” directing duties from Ben Affleck in January 2017 and has been developing the elusive project ever since. Affleck and Warner Bros. began discussing the actor-director leaving the Caped Crusader behind following “Justice League,” allowing Reeves to pick his own Bruce Wayne.

No official start date has been set for “The Batman.” Insiders tell Variety filming could start in late 2019 or early 2020.

Pattinson is about to shoot another film for WB — Christopher Nolan’s event movie co-starring John David Washington, which is set to open July 17, 2020.

Pattinson has a total of four films opening this year, beginning with Claire Denis’ “High Life.” He also appears in Robert Eggers’ “The Lighthouse,” which bows at the Cannes Film Festival, “The King” for Netflix and “Waiting for the Barbarians.”

This is pretty cool. He's a really good actor , I just didn't think he was interested in the role.

Would someone mind recommending me a list of his best performances in the last few years?

Really curious to see how he does under the direction of Reeves!

I literally have never seen him in anything except the first Twilight movie. But the enthusiastic reaction from people here to his casting is encouraging.

Yeah I do need to see him in more **** because he is gonna catch a lot of shade from nerds that know him as the sparkling vampire.

Ethier this is gonna be an amazing casting like heath ledgers joker or this is gonna be the worst miscast since Jesse as lex luthor.

There will be no in between

If it isn’t final and it’s between him and Hoult, I’ll take Pattinson I guess. Hoult is a great actor but I don’t think he’s quite right. People are saying Pattinson is a good actor so that also encourages me.

Hoult has the face of a boy, at least Pattinson has the jaw and gruff just based off of the eye test.

If it’s between Hoult and Pattinson, I’d definitely rather have Hoult. But they’re both very good and I trust Reeves so unless I wake up one day and find out that Liam Hemsworth is the new Batman, I’ll back whoever he chooses.

Yeah I do need to see him in more **** because he is gonna catch a lot of shade from nerds that know him as the sparkling vampire.
Not much. Twilight naysayers are already loved him years ago when he looked positively solemn during that saga press tours and openly bashed the series.

This and Nolan movie are such mighty boost for his career.

Pattinson inarguably has displayed more range on film, and from hearing their interviews, he's also been very measured and tactful in his approach to each of his characters. I'd appreciate his talents more, though none of us are in that audition room so who knows what their performance as Batman is actually like. I'll trust Reeves here though. If he's got Pattinson in that room, there's talent being pursued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"