The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this is my first post on here, been reading all of the ideas about the potential ending being a shock. How about Batman is in Arkham after taking the Riddler there, he goes to check up on some inmates but discovers Joker has escaped (wow Joker, surprise!) We then cut to Bella Real at home, there's a knock at the door and when she opens it Joker is smiling back at her. Kind of like the Killing Joke scene with Barbara. Thinking if Bella Real is a good character we like and root for in the film, Joker turning up and killing her could be a big shocking moment that no one saw coming? If it was Phoenix (unlikely) as Joker too, that would be a pretty big and shocking end that would get people talking.

There had been chatter that the entire film would unfold in Arkham Asylum, the high-security prison known to comic book fans for housing super-criminals, but that is not the case, according to insiders. Only a handful of scenes will be set at Arkham. If the movie works, Warner Bros. and DC believe that any of these villains could headline their own spinoff movies. Key cast members in both “The Batman” and “Birds of Prey” have contract options to appear in sequels and standalone films.

This was back in November of 2019 couple of months before they started filming in 2020. Maybe those Arkham scenes are towards the end of the movie.

The Batman is gonna end with Batman and Gordon on a rooftop talking about their next assignment and Gordon gives Batman a packet of ketchup and mustard.

ill-look-into-it-batman-begins.gif

I don't think Robin will be teased much in this movie, but I definitely think he'll be showing up in this trilogy.

Agreed. For the record, I'm not saying that I don't want Robin to show up! I want to see that proper father-son dynamic between Bruce and Dick shown onscreen.

I just don't think that a tease of the Flying Graysons is the sort of thing that'd get a test screening audience full of casual viewers to lose their minds at the end. It's the sort of thing that'd send us diehards into a frothing mess.

Last edited:
This was back in November of 2019 couple of months before they started filming in 2020. Maybe those Arkham scenes are towards the end of the movie.

I can almost guarantee that the Arkham scenes are a finale showdown type deal

Gotta remember as well that fans likely have some idea of who Robin is off of the animated stuff. Teen Titans, Young Justice, BTAS etc. I'm sure the Flying Graysons reveal would get everyone pretty excited
That’s fans though. A very small percentage. Personally I think it would be more appropriate to tease Robin during the second. It’s definitely not what that guy was talking about for The Batman though. People aren’t going to be screaming, clenching their knees or feeling like it’s the ultimate mic drop lol. A Robin tease for most ppl is like a “ohh cool!”..

Hi, this is my first post on here, been reading all of the ideas about the potential ending being a shock. How about Batman is in Arkham after taking the Riddler there, he goes to check up on some inmates but discovers Joker has escaped (wow Joker, surprise!) We then cut to Bella Real at home, there's a knock at the door and when she opens it Joker is smiling back at her. Kind of like the Killing Joke scene with Barbara. Thinking if Bella Real is a good character we like and root for in the film, Joker turning up and killing her could be a big shocking moment that no one saw coming? If it was Phoenix (unlikely) as Joker too, that would be a pretty big and shocking end that would get people talking.
One hell of a first post! I love it!

I think you guys might be reading too much into what one person said (vaguely) about their experience at a screening. If it was something ridiculous like a big time actor as Joker or some major twist methinks there would be a leak. Every film that has these types of screenings real details end up out there. My guess is the ending was just something cool (like an Arkham style reveal) and the person is playing it up cause he got the reference and after the movie he just watched it was the perfect stinger.

If it was a Joker reveal with a big name actor we would have heard rumors of it by now.

JMHO.

Dick Grayson was in two (three if you cant 66) Batman movies dude, BTAS, the Adam West show, all over the Titans cartoon and live action show. People know the name Dick Grayson.

It would have been great if this was the only Batman we've gotten since TDKR, and it would be nice if WB didn't make any more Batman movies after this trilogy for at least 10+ years.
I have to heavily disagree on this. Having burly alien-fighting spandex Batfleck in between Nolan's Batman and Reeves' more current Batman makes the latter feel that much more special physically speaking at the very least.

I'm sorry but that ending description really does sound like a Joker thing or at the very least something involving Joker and a few other characters.

Agreed. For the record, I'm not saying that I don't want Robin to show up! I want to see that proper father-son dynamic between Bruce and Dick shown onscreen.

I just don't think that a tease of the Flying Graysons is the sort of thing that'd get a test screening audience full of casual viewers to lose their minds at the end. It's the sort of thing that'd send us diehards into a frothing mess.
Yeah, although I won't be surprised if the Flying Graysons is teased to an extent in this movie. But I don't think that's what the guy was referring to.

Dick Grayson was in two (three if you cant 66) Batman movies dude, BTAS, the Adam West show, all over the Titans cartoon and live action show. People know the name Dick Grayson.
My parents grew up with the 60’s show and couldn’t name Robin if their lives depended on it. The majority today haven’t seen that show or remember/seen the Schumacher movies in detail. The GA aren’t sitting around reading comics or watching Batman/Titans cartoons. Those are fans not general cinema goers.

Very very curious what a Joker in this universe would look like. Ledgers Joker looks like he would have fit perfectly into this world, so it's really interesting to think what he would like
I'm thinking they make him look freaky. No makeup, more like ASHOSE. Wild shorter hair instead of the overused long hair. Wardrobe similar to Bermejo's Joker but with different colors, maybe muted brighter/warmer colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"