The BATSUIT Thread

best one i've seen. love it

Looks cool, and I really do want a more streamlined suit, but I think any new suit should retain the same panel pattern on the torso as the current suit has to maintain a bit of visual continuity.

This is perfect.

4y89aesldcca1.png

That West redesign is cool, but I’d like this cowl to be largely untouched going forward. They already nailed it.

Keats.png

Pats.png

This honestly kinda puts into perspective how good we have it in the batsuit department lmao

I'm kinda not feeling the Keaton suit in The Flash. Doesn't mesh with the overall aesthetic of the world at all.

Should've just adapted the Kingdom Come suit, in my opinion.

Keaton looks great. At 71, this is pretty damn impressive. The suit isn’t a totally drastic change from the originals (which I love, because there are so many ways it could have been absolutely terrible). It’s just slightly updated in his own universe. Easily one of the best live action suits.

Keatons suit is fine, I just hate the mouth opening. It looks really awkward with the neck.

Something I noticed is how different the mouth opening looks between the first costume leak, the poster and the trailer footage.

cju9.jpg

This is probably due to the focal length used, which affects the width of a face.

160721_Focal-Length-Test_DSC8154-Bearbeitet_v2net.gif

If I had an initial reservation with the leak, I like how it looks in the trailer.

Count me on the "no new batsuit for the sequel" team as I don't think the costume needs to be drastically altered. More specifically, I don't want it to evolve for that Batman to become too high-tech.
What would be interesting to me though, is to see the suit being more damaged and dirty to signify the escalation of violence in Gotham highlighted in the final dialogue with Catwoman. That would also be a nice way to naturally add scallops to the cape...

Just out of curiosity, I quickly reworked the costume to try those few adjustments and do some more that I wouldn't mind such as:
- A simplified version of the forearms, which I didn't disliked in the movie, but felt a bit too bulky to my tastes in some shot/stills.
- A slight adjustment to the cape so it come down a bit more on the shoulders.

Since I was at it, I've made a few other minor alterations. Nothing that bothers me in the original design, just some more exploration:
- A very slight reshaping of the ears to make them more classic.
- A polished surface logo on the chest.

gcg7.gif

Side by side :
krp3.jpg

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I also changed the color palette a bit to something more...cold.
Like that, for no particular reason... :oldrazz:

I was inspired by your manip and took it one step further to look a bit more comic book accurate for the 3rd film.

batman.png

I stan the current suit, but we really do need that oval back.

The brave and the bold will use it most likely

Yeah, I'd be surprised if The Brave and the Bold doesn't either use the Rebirth emblem or the yellow oval. The latter seems especially likely to me.

Dying to see who they get to write tBatB

No telling at this point, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if Gunn ends up writing it himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"