Birds of Prey Cry of the Huntress! Official MEW Thread

Scarlet Spider

Superhero
Reaction score
Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead_Mercy_Street_1.jpg

With the new board up and running, figured I start the first solo thread dedicated to one of our ladies.

All discussion in regards to Huntress/Helena Bertinelli and the lovely Mary Elizabeth Winstead are welcome.

Discuss!

:awesome:

She's a very good choice for the role and unlike Daddario, she actually has what it takes to portray Huntress' darker side.

Here's a random cool gif of her. :o

p3fmnPO.gif

So far, this is the character I'm most excited for. Winstead is seriously underrated as an actress (I thought she should've gotten an Oscar nod for Smashed), and this kind of dark, vengeful, violent character should give her a lot to chew on. I never got all the fancasting for her as Mary Jane Watson, but I'm glad she finally got a CBM role that should be, imo, much better-suited to her talents.

Doesn't seem like she's too underrated in these parts at least. There was a lot of support for her at casting time. I think she is going to do very well.

Doesn't seem like she's too underrated in these parts at least. There was a lot of support for her at casting time. I think she is going to do very well.
I just meant by the industry in general. She should be a near A-lister by now, imo.

I was more focused on the casting of Black Canary at the time, but I think Winstead is great, and I'm cool with her playing Huntress.

The title of this thread makes me laugh, and I wonder if she has any clue how often she's called MEW online. It reminds me of how Sarah Michelle Gellar's name got abbreviated as SMG so much that people actually started calling her "Smidge" in real life. :funny:

The title of this thread makes me laugh, and I wonder if she has any clue how often she's called MEW online. It reminds me of how Sarah Michelle Gellar's name got abbreviated as SMG so much that people actually started calling her "Smidge" in real life. :funny:
I just hope there are no misguided souls out there pronouncing it as "M.E.W." rather than "myoo".

Kind of curious to see what they give her, costume-wise.

I wonder what she will look like in fan art?

wonder what she will look like in the actual movie¿

Love Winstead. I've been hoping to see her pop up in a CBM at some point and this feels like a great fit.

Exciting to see!!

Love Winstead. I've been hoping to see her pop up in a CBM at some point and this feels like a great fit.
Same here. :up: I hope they really take advantage of her talents for this.

Any time I see someone do aerial yoga- having never done it myself- it looks like it's really difficult to pull off. But they all make it look so easy.

That looks incredibly difficult. I can already feel myself pulling muscles

I hope MEW hair is a little bit longer in the movie.

I can not to wait to see her suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"