The Official Wolverine Thread

Reaction score
I searched the thread for a Wolverine thread, as I really feel like discussing Aaron's ongoing Wolverine title, and found none. No, Mods, if there is one, take this one down and point me in the right direction. :yay:

Anywho, let's talk about Wolverine.

Any issues with the title, any compliments, arc ideas, theories, etc. Put 'em here. Even put up some Wolverine art you find awesome if you please.

Discuss! :awesome:

Just bought the first two Wolverine: Weapon X paper backs by Aaron and I have to say his writing has gotten me back into my former favorite character.

Insane in the Brain is awesome, but I especially enjoyed the Issue where Logan is getting advice from his female friends. Excellent change of pace for a Wolverine Comic.

i just don't like Aaron givin him faith.
doesn't feel like it fits Logan to me.

That and his new gf Melita, but I may be biased, I was all for Wolvie/Domino

i just don't like Aaron givin him faith.
doesn't feel like it fits Logan to me.

That and his new gf Melita, but I may be biased, I was all for Wolvie/Domino

I'm going to go ahead and agree that his new girlfriend does feels a bit superflous. She's just kinda there and she didn't really add to the whole Wolverine in Hell arc.

Still, Aaron has given Logan a bit more depth since his start in Wolverine, leeding on to Wolverine: Weapon X and now Wolverine. Insane In The Brain was... well, insane. Really reminded me of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, which is always a good thing.:cwink:

I just think moving anyway but BACKWARDS is good for the character.

I think moving backwards would be best for the character, personally. About ten years ago, he was still a complex character who agonized over his decisions and struggled with his animalistic urges. Now he's a happy assassin, perfectly content to mangle and kill scores of people without a second thought.

I think they're gradually pulling that back tho.

In uncanny x-force, he seems to be putting a lot more thought into his killings...
Remender has such a handle on each of those characters, it's remarkable

I think moving backwards would be best for the character, personally. About ten years ago, he was still a complex character who agonized over his decisions and struggled with his animalistic urges. Now he's a happy assassin, perfectly content to mangle and kill scores of people without a second thought.

Yeah but in ten years he kind of needs to develop, especially since he now remembers everything. To me it seems like his memories are only having a big effect now.

I think they're gradually pulling that back tho.

In uncanny x-force, he seems to be putting a lot more thought into his killings...
Remender has such a handle on each of those characters, it's remarkable

He did agree too train kid Apocalypse. He was still like f-it after Fantomex killed him (in one of the coolest scenes of the past 5 years) but it's a change of pace.

I'm actually not entirely happy with his treatment in UX-F. Not that I think he should be too central, but he really doesn't do muc on that book. Just kinda takes a beating and doesn't really add much.

The characterization of Wolverine that I'm personally fond of has always been the little, angry runt with a taste for blood and chaos, while still understanding the moral repurcssions of what he does and how he works. I personally love the way Aaron is kinda moving along with this, with a bit more depth.

Yeah, the Aaron stuff is awesome! I can't wait for the Wolverine V. the X-Men arc. That should be cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"