• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Wolverine Thread

Reaction score
I searched the thread for a Wolverine thread, as I really feel like discussing Aaron's ongoing Wolverine title, and found none. No, Mods, if there is one, take this one down and point me in the right direction. :yay:

Anywho, let's talk about Wolverine.

Any issues with the title, any compliments, arc ideas, theories, etc. Put 'em here. Even put up some Wolverine art you find awesome if you please.

Discuss! :awesome:

Just bought the first two Wolverine: Weapon X paper backs by Aaron and I have to say his writing has gotten me back into my former favorite character.

Insane in the Brain is awesome, but I especially enjoyed the Issue where Logan is getting advice from his female friends. Excellent change of pace for a Wolverine Comic.

i just don't like Aaron givin him faith.
doesn't feel like it fits Logan to me.

That and his new gf Melita, but I may be biased, I was all for Wolvie/Domino

i just don't like Aaron givin him faith.
doesn't feel like it fits Logan to me.

That and his new gf Melita, but I may be biased, I was all for Wolvie/Domino

I'm going to go ahead and agree that his new girlfriend does feels a bit superflous. She's just kinda there and she didn't really add to the whole Wolverine in Hell arc.

Still, Aaron has given Logan a bit more depth since his start in Wolverine, leeding on to Wolverine: Weapon X and now Wolverine. Insane In The Brain was... well, insane. Really reminded me of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, which is always a good thing.:cwink:

I just think moving anyway but BACKWARDS is good for the character.

I think moving backwards would be best for the character, personally. About ten years ago, he was still a complex character who agonized over his decisions and struggled with his animalistic urges. Now he's a happy assassin, perfectly content to mangle and kill scores of people without a second thought.

I think they're gradually pulling that back tho.

In uncanny x-force, he seems to be putting a lot more thought into his killings...
Remender has such a handle on each of those characters, it's remarkable

I think moving backwards would be best for the character, personally. About ten years ago, he was still a complex character who agonized over his decisions and struggled with his animalistic urges. Now he's a happy assassin, perfectly content to mangle and kill scores of people without a second thought.

Yeah but in ten years he kind of needs to develop, especially since he now remembers everything. To me it seems like his memories are only having a big effect now.

I think they're gradually pulling that back tho.

In uncanny x-force, he seems to be putting a lot more thought into his killings...
Remender has such a handle on each of those characters, it's remarkable

He did agree too train kid Apocalypse. He was still like f-it after Fantomex killed him (in one of the coolest scenes of the past 5 years) but it's a change of pace.

I'm actually not entirely happy with his treatment in UX-F. Not that I think he should be too central, but he really doesn't do muc on that book. Just kinda takes a beating and doesn't really add much.

The characterization of Wolverine that I'm personally fond of has always been the little, angry runt with a taste for blood and chaos, while still understanding the moral repurcssions of what he does and how he works. I personally love the way Aaron is kinda moving along with this, with a bit more depth.

Yeah, the Aaron stuff is awesome! I can't wait for the Wolverine V. the X-Men arc. That should be cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"