Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

Yeah but they're still getting everything they were paying for before HBO Max was a thing, just at a cheaper price.

That's the big thing here, they just undercut the value of HBO. Significantly. Just HBO was clearly successful at the higher price point. But now, in a hope to make one thing more successful (which is dubious), you have now destroyed the value of probably one of your most valuable brands. It is a monumentally stupid decision.

Coming soon on HBO Max...
EgDrXumWsAY8Sh7

EwlrKMsWQAIIF_A

EwnD8X2XMAoWfvo

EwY952eXEAI5rQK

I haven't watched STAS in years. Looking forward to it. :up: Especially since I finished all of JL through JLU. My Superman complaint was assuaged by season 2. There was a real difference with how Superman was handled.

I haven't watched STAS in years. Looking forward to it. :up: Especially since I finished all of JL through JLU. My Superman complaint was assuaged by season 2. There was a real difference with how Superman was handled.
I've also been rewatching JL over the last week or so and my mind was blown realizing that Newbern's voice was obviously pitched down in that first season. It was distracting, lol.

Will be doing a DC week this week. Watched Wonder Woman last night. Will watch Aquaman tonight, MOS tomorrow, BvS Thursday and then ZSJL on Friday.

A lot of villains on that STAS poster, but WB's live-action Superman movies have only used Lex Luthor so far. SMH. :argh:

I know Mxy, Parasite, Metallo, Toyman, and Livewire have shown up on the Supergirl show, but that doesn't really count..

I just got HBO Max specifically for Justice League and Kong vs Godzilla. I’m still toying with the idea of seeing Kong in theaters, but probably not considering the spoilers. But who knows. Either way I got HBO Max specifically to enjoy these two movies.

EgDrXumWsAY8Sh7

EwlrKMsWQAIIF_A

EwnD8X2XMAoWfvo

EwY952eXEAI5rQK
EgDrXumWsAY8Sh7

EwlrKMsWQAIIF_A

EwnD8X2XMAoWfvo

EwY952eXEAI5rQK

Zod too. It's mind blowing how that in over 40 years of Superman movies, we have yet to see Brainiac.

I actually just realized that STAS never used Zod which seems odd in retrospect. Did the show creators ever talk about that omission?

I actually just realized that STAS never used Zod which seems odd in retrospect. Did the show creators ever talk about that omission?
I don't know, but I remember hearing that for Flyby, Abrams wasn't allowed to use Zod, which is why the main villain was a made-up Kryptonian Zod stand-in. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd imagine it has something to do with Jon Peters (since he was the one passing down other weird mandates to Abrams for that script), or maybe it was to do with the constant legal battles with the Siegel/Schuster estates, who knows. But yeah, I just started S2 of STAS (my boy looks so good in HD!) and I'm on the Mala/Jax-Ur episodes, and it seems pretty obvious that they wanted to do a Zod story and had to use stand-ins.

Ok so I don't know if these are in the original aired order, but in S2 I'm just now noticing we have "Identity Crisis" and "Target" back-to-back, both featuring Clark getting unceremoniously thrown out of Lois' car by some wild driving, and I honestly kinda wish this had become a recurring gag because it's cracking me up. :funny:

Well in STAS they weren't allowed by WB/DC to have Lois find out Clark was SM. And it's always aggravated me that in the SM movies your villains have been
1. Lex
2. Zod, Ursa, Non and Lex
3. Lex stand in
4. Lex and Solar Man
5. Lex
6. Zod And the Kryptonian woman whose name I can't remember

After 6 solo movies we've basically only have gotten 2 villians.

I'd love to see Parasite or Metallo. Hell, I even love the version of Toyman in STAS.

Well in STAS they weren't allowed by WB/DC to have Lois find out Clark was SM. And it's always aggravated me that in the SM movies your villains have been
1. Lex
2. Zod, Ursa, Non and Lex
3. Lex stand in
4. Lex and Solar Man
5. Lex
6. Zod And the Kryptonian woman whose name I can't remember

After 6 solo movies we've basically only have gotten 2 villians.
Yeah and then even in BvS, it's Lex. Geez guys. It's pretty frustrating when you consider Superman has an amazing rogues gallery and they've skimmed the surface with them. Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, Parasite, Mongul, hell I'll take Mr. Mxyzptlk

Metallo has always been boring to me (along with most Kryptonite-based villains). He and the likes of Parasite, Toyman, etc. are all better-suited to episodes of TV, imo, as they aren't really high personal-stakes villains and don't present any real grandeur to make up for that with spectacle. Brainiac is by far the most under-utilized Supes rogue for the big screen, imo. I also think Mr. Mxyzptlk presents some really awesome possibilities that could be amazing in the hands of a really creative director, but I don't see the suits taking a chance on that until Supes' big screen standing has a solid foundation. I'm of the opinion that Lex Luthor should always be around though, even when he's not the main villain. He's just an essential, constant piece of Superman's world, imo.

Metallo has always been boring to me (along with most Kryptonite-based villains). He and the likes of Parasite, Toyman, etc. are all better-suited to episodes of TV, imo, as they aren't really high personal-stakes villains and don't present any real grandeur to make up for that with spectacle. Brainiac is by far the most under-utilized Supes rogue for the big screen, imo. I also think Mr. Mxyzptlk presents some really awesome possibilities that could be amazing in the hands of a really creative director, but I don't see the suits taking a chance on that until Supes' big screen standing has a solid foundation. I'm of the opinion that Lex Luthor should always be around though, even when he's not the main villain. He's just an essential, constant piece of Superman's world, imo.

I agree. As for villains I've always thought about Mongul. But I can also see where your average person might be like isn't that Darkseid? I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Maxima either.

Not only is STAS my favorite DCAU show but it's also my favorite version of Supes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"