• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

MCU/ABC shows in production (Most Wanted, Damage Control, John Ridley show, etc.)

fixxxer

...goes to 11
Reaction score
Since there's a lot of discussion in a lot of different subforums regarding these shows, I thought I'll make a thread to discuss them in one place... until said shows get dedicated subforums, of course.

To kick things off, here are the Marvel/ABC shows that are reported/rumored/speculated to be currently in production...

Most Wanted: Featuring Lance Hunter and Mockingbird. Speculated to be a Mr. and Mrs. Smith type spy show.

Damage Control: This one's going to be a single camera sit-com. It will be interesting to see how much this will be based on the comics. I really like the concept, but I'm not really tied to the characters from the comics. I wouldn't be surprised if we see mostly original characters on this one.

Unannounced John Ridley Project: John Ridley is the acclaimed writer of properties such as 12 Years A Slave (which he won an Oscar for) and American Crime (currently airing on ABC). Lots of speculation surrounding this one. Some common guesses have been Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Cloak and Dagger, and Blade's daughter.

Unannounced Sit-com #2: Recently we got news that ABC is working on a second sit-com set in the MCU. My guess would be that they'll want to pair this with Damage Control. Everything from Squirrel Girl to She-Hulk to Howard The Duck have been thrown out there. OK, maybe not that last one. :p

Are any more shows in the pipeline? Who knows? Dis-cus.

UPDATE (3/23/2016):

Captain Britain: Take this with a pinch of salt right now... this is obviously just at the "rumor" stage right now. Link: http://mcuexchange.com/rumor-captain-britain-tv-show-in-development/

Last edited:
Nothing i'm really excited about. The ridley project could be anything so will wait for more detail.

Yea, similar feelings here.

I'm really lukewarm on the Most Wanted thing. Just seems like a missed opportunity to me. Seems like a re-tread, when they could be doing so much more to expand the MCU.

On Damage Control, if it's well integrated into the MCU, it could be a lot of fun. If it's more of a stand alone thing that just references MCU events to fill a "quota", I'll be quite disappointed. Unfortunately, the degree of difficulty to pull off the former is extremely high, so I'm expecting more of the latter.

The John Ridley show might be the one I'm most intrigued by at this point. I really enjoyed season 1 of American Crime... haven't gotten to the second season yet. I'm hoping it turns out to be Cloak and Dagger though. Ms. Marvel should ideally come way down the line, since Captain Marvel should be used as a backdrop. And I'd rather do a proper Blade MCU adaptation (show or film/team-up) before spinning off into his daughter's story.

I'm intrigued by Damage Control, I would love to see Titus Welliver's Agent Blake return as a former Shield Agent who has seen an opportunity in the private sector. I enjoyed his Shield cameos.

Most Wanted synopsis. Maybe spoiler warning.

Centers on Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune, a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. These two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.

The only one I'm interested in is Damage Control. The Office meets the MCU would be awesome. :D

With Agent Carter absolutely tanking this season and Agents of SHIELD doing all time lows, they may be rethinking their ABC lineup. I can't imagine Most Wanted getting a series order at this point. SHIELD isn't doing anywhere close to well enough to launch another spinoff in my opinion.

Marvel need to stop making SHIELD type shows or ones about civilians on the periphery. I certainly don't want to keep seeing this. I want a straight up superhero show like DC are doing, like Supergirl or the Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, or to a lesser degree, like Arrow.
But definitely more like the first two.

I don't want a dark and gritty Netflix show or a series where someone spends the majority of time in their civilian clothes. Give someone a costume and embrace the comic book feel. I would love a Marvel show like Supergirl or the Flash.

I really don't care for Marvel's Most Wanted or Damage Control. It's starting to feel like Marvel are seeing how far they can prolong not giving us a straight up superhero show by giving us these other insignificant things.

I'd honestly prefer a Union Jack show, but this could be cool

Is he going to have any kind of costume in the show? Or is it going to be more of the standard civilian ABC shows?

ABC Studios and Marvel Television should stick to their Netflix shows and focus on S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Carter's season 2 ratings were pretty bad and Shield already hit 1.0. Anyway, its their money that they are using.

^.

That saddens me for some reason. :(

I love Oded Fehr, but I think he's going to be wasted in this role... which would (essentially) disqualify him from future MCU roles.

Prove me wrong, Most Wanted!

Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter are two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D., and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune, a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. While on dangerous missions that take them to every corner of the globe these two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.

The way this show sounds is as if it's like some version of Burn Notice, helping others in need while trying to uncover the conspiracy. What conspiracy is there? Are they saying that them being cut off from SHIELD is a conspiracy? They chose to exit that way instead of getting new identities. It's not like they were burned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"