MCU Fight: Falcon Vs. Vulture

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Falcon and Vulture belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up

FALCON

6211852-7894520904-51972.gif

Vs

VULTURE

giphy-5.gif

FALCON

- Flight: Using his specialized winged jetpack, Sam Wilson is able to fly at very fast subsonic speeds, but with an enhanced degree of maneuverability and agility similar to that of an actual falcon. The impressive agility afforded by the jetpack and his own knowledge on flying enabled him to avoid automatic fire from an Insight Quinjet and the shots of the Insight Helicarriers' main weaponry. Besides enhancing Falcon's mobility, the EXO-7 Falcon can also increase the force generated by some of Falcon's physical strikes via the increased momentum and acceleration created by his jetpack, as well as using the wings as makeshift striking weapons.

- Enhanced Vision: The EXO-7's goggles allow Wilson to view in multiple spectrums and see objects that are either too far away or too small to be seen by the naked eye.

- Expert Acrobat: Wilson is an expert acrobat capable of withstanding constant equilibrium shifting during flight. Many times during his battle with HYDRA, Wilson had to couple his acrobatic skills with his flight maneuvers to avoid being shot down from the sky.

- Expert Marksman: Wilson is a highly skilled expert marksman, as he has shown great accuracy with his retractable sidearms and U.S. military firearms. During the Battle of Wakanda, Falcon shot down numerous Outriders from mid-air.

- Expert Martial Artist: As a former member of the United States Air Force, Wilson is highly trained and skilled in hand to hand combat. Wilson's fighting style include a combination of firearm improvisation, flight maneuvers such as swooping and aerial grappling, and modern army combatives. Wilson's modern army combatives derive elements from Muay Thai, American Boxing, and Taekwondo. He was able to subdue HYDRA operatives and hold his own against STRIKE leader Brock Rumlow, though he was unable to defeat him.

- Expert Tactician: Wilson has shown capabilities in planing special operations, as he was able to help Captain America and his team strategize the plan to destroy the Insight Helicarriers and unmask HYDRA. He was able to react and respond to Ant-Man's unprecedented appearance and was able to perfectly counter his unique attacks after only viewing them momentarily.

- Master Pilot: Wilson displays the utmost skill when flying with his EXO wings; he is capable of performing many advanced and complicated maneuvers while in midair, without losing focus on his objectives, targets, or pursuers.
Equipment

VULTURE

- Exo-Suit: Toomes was outfitted with a flying mechanical suit created by Phineas Mason with salvaged Chitauri technology. As Vulture, he would use the suit for heists on other salvaged equipment from Damage Control. In appearance, it consists of a metallic body armor, outfitted with a winged steel harness.

- Flight: Vulture's suit is outfitted with a powerful winged harness that also has jet propulsion systems which allow him to fly at high speeds and soar through the skies with ease. The Vulture's Exo-Suit operates in a similar manner the Falcon's suit.

- Superhuman Strength: The Exo-Suit gives Vulture the strength to overpower both humans and superhumans, while the wings and talons are strong enough to destroy concrete and lift heavy objects with ease.

- Superhuman Durability: Vulture's suit is fitted with metallic body armor, and is designed to withstand blows from superhumans like Spider-Man.

- Superhuman Agility: The suits jet propulsion systems allow Vulture to fly and maneuver in the air with incredible agility and coordination, despite its large and bulky frame.

- Gifted Intelligence: Toomes is very intelligent, being able to deduce Spider-Man's secret identity from existing information. He is able to see the profit in anything, seeing that the Chitauri technology could be used for more nefarious needs.

- Combatant: Toomes is skilled in combat to degree that he was able to best the enhanced Spider-Man multiple times during their encounter.

- Expert Tactician: Toomes was able to plan and execute the Attack on the Damage Control Truck and the Hijacking of the Stark Cargo Plane. He even managed to stay off the Avengers radar for years until he was caught by Spider-Man.

- Marksman: Toomes was able to aim and fire a Chitauri Gun precise enough to cut through the webbing restraining Herman Schultz from a far distance.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)
Dormammu
Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
Surtur Prime
Ego The Living Planet

Odin
Doctor Strange (w/ Time Gem)
Thanos (w/ Filled Infinity Gauntlet)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
Thanos w/ the Power Stone
Hela

Ronan with the Power Stone
Kurse
Fenris
Thor
Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
Vision
Hulk

Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
Ebony Maw
Scarlet Witch

Hulkbuster Iron Man
The Destroyer
Abomination
Cull Obsidian

Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
Malekith (W/ reality gem)
Ancient One
Giant Man
Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
Ronan
Valkyrie

Iron Man
Hogun
Aldrich Killian
Loki
Drax
Heimdall
War Machine

Iron Monger
Whiplash
Quake
Malekith
Sif
Fandral
Volstagg
Korath The Pursuer
Groot
Killgrave
Yondu
Lash
Hive
Frigga
Pepper Potts with Extremis
Mantis
Skurge
Korg
Baron Mordo
Master Wong
Corvus Glaive

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther
Captain America
Gamora

Star-Lord
Falcon
Spiderman
Winter Soldier
Vulture
Red Skull
Crossbones
Quicksilver
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
Madame Gao
Mr. Hyde
Slingshot
Aida
Raina
Deathlok
The Patriot
Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
Lorelei
Nebula
Miek
Ant Man
Yellow Jacket
Proxima Midnight
Erik Killmonger
Ulysses Klaue

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
Daredevil
Black Widow

Okoye
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye

Elektra
Punisher
Coleen Wing
Batroc the Leaper
Shocker
Kingpin
Nobu
Diamondback
Bakuto
Peggy Carter
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Dum Dum Dugan
Mocking Bird
Maria Hill
Misty Knight
The Punisher
Nick Fury
Phil Coulson
Zemo
Jig Saw
M'Baku
Shuri

Last edited:
I choose Vulture. Falcon is probably faster and more skilled. Vulture is massive. I think it would probably turn out as the animal version of that battle. Falcon would do circles around Vulture until he grabbed him and then it would be over.

I have trouble seeing Vulture being able to hold up against an accomplished soldier like Falcon. He simply isn't skilled enough as a fighter.

I came away from Homecoming with the impression Vulture's suit is halfway between Falcon's wings and an Iron Man suit. It doesn't just let him fly, it also gives him the superhuman strength and durability to go up against a rookie Spider-Man.

Falcon fought the same superpowered kid and was getting casually overpowered/webbed up/knocked out of the sky.

Falcon's far more skilled and I'd bet on him in a race or a hand to hand fight on the ground but in a fight with all their gear I'm leaning towards Vulture.

Last edited:
Thör-El;36943869 said:
I came away with the impression Vulture's suit is halfway between Falcon's wings and an Iron Man suit. It doesn't just let him fly, it also gives him the superhuman strength and durability to go up against a young Spider-Man.

Falcon fought the same superpowered kid and was getting casually overpowered/webbed up/knocked out of the sky.

Falcon's far more skilled and I'd bet on him in a race or a hand to hand fight on the ground but in a fight with all their gear I'm leaning towards Vulture.

I agree with you 100%.

Surfer

I voted Vulture but really the fight is 50/50............well 51/49 to Vulture.

This would likely be 50-50 for me. Vulture would have an edge in a will to play dirty to win but Falcon would have a higher level of training.

Falcon

It'd be a close fight but Sam's military training would be the deciding factor.

I think Falcon is more skilled for sure, but I think Vulture would be more ruthless, and thus get the win! Depends whether Sam had Redwing assist too.

Going Vulture.

This is based on Falcon and Winter Soldier struggling with Spidey. (F/WS = SM)

And Spidey barely defeating Vulture several months later (V >/= SM)

Vulture > Falcon

Probably a matter of more advanced tech.

Got to go with Vulture.

While I think Sam is the more skilled in battle I don't think that's enough to overcome the technical advantages that the Vulture has.

Plus in terms of there only common opponent in Spider-Man he made relatively easy work of Falcon in comparison to Vulture and Vulture is post Civil War so he's already had his first lessons as a hero and was totally outmatched by Toomes.

But let's look at the rest of stats

Endurance: Vulture's ability to fly through concrete supports trumps anything Sam has done.

Speed: Draw. Falcon flew alongside an accelerating Quinn jet, while Vulture flew alongside and attached to a commercial airplane. I could easily be wrong but I don't think either has a feat that would give them a clear edge here.

Strength: Vulture takes this one to. Even with a damaged suit he was able to pick up a large container of Stark tech before it blew up. His talons were able to slam Spider-Man in to the ground.

Agility/Manoeuvrability: In what would essentially an aerial dog fight I felt I needed to include this. From everything we have seen from them both I believe Falcon takes this his wing suit just looks more agile.

Weapons: I like to look at weapons in terms of what they usually have on them. Falcon trump Vulture here as the Chituari gun is not usually by his side and Sam usually has dual guns and a missile of some sort.

Armour: This is where Sam loses out. His suit just offers nowhere near the same protection as Toomes. Yes it can shield him from gunfire but it can be disabled by a shot of Spider-Man's web fluid or by Winter Solider.

I'd really like to see this on screen. O_O

Totally agree with this, it would be an amazing duel for the big screen.

I'm going with Falcon - although it would be incredibly close.

First, the Spider Man arguments don't take into consideration that Spidey fought Falcon in an enclosed space. Given Falcon an open sky and he'd have a much better showing.

Second, manuverability. Falcon executes a lot of complex moves in Civil War, whereas Vulture probably isn't quite so agile.

Vulture can hover, and probably has a much higher altitude ceiling which are advantages to him.

As for people's claims about strength and durability - I'm not convinced - In Homecoming Spidey never lands a solid hit on Vulture's body with his fists. The foot talons clearly give him a lot of lift and grasping power, but how effective that would be in aerial combat - hard so say, although if he got above Falcon and raked him with the talons, it would be game over.

We know that the wings themselves can take a lot of punishment, but Vulture's boy, other than a flight suit is still pretty vulnerable.

Falcon's arsenal includes Redwing drones, small rocket and guns. While Sam would spend a lot of time dodging and if Vulture ever got close it would be over, I think sooner or later Sam would put a bullet or two through some vital part of Vulture's body or his head.

Falcon is a superior fighter, but Falcon was getting beat pretty soundly by Spider-Man in that airport. Vulture basically owned Spider-Man in very fight they had. His tech is more impressive. He wins.

Last edited:
Going for Vulture also, another thing to be considered is Vultures wings could tear a truck apart and wrecked a high tech plane. Falcon would be a better fighter, but I think Vultures wings give him the edge. Especially if he catches Falcon, which if can catch Spider-Man he can grab Falcon for me.

Going for Vulture also, another thing to be considered is Vultures wings could tear a truck apart and wrecked a high tech plane. Falcon would be a better fighter, but I think Vultures wings give him the edge. Especially if he catches Falcon, which if can catch Spider-Man he can grab Falcon for me.

Wow. You sold it for me.

Falcon is a superior fighter, but Falcon was getting beat pretty soundly by Spider-Man in that mall. Vulture basically owned Spider-Man in very fight they had. His tech is more impressive. He wins.
Yeah, I think I agree. I guess the only thing is that Falcon uses real guns, but then again Vulture has his own high tech guns...

I believe that was Civil War when Cap is chasing T'Challa and Bucky.

I believe that was Civil War when Cap is chasing T'Challa and Bucky.

I think you're right. That chase was pretty well choreographed that this must have been a blink and you'll miss it scene.

Got to go with Vulture.
Endurance: Vulture's ability to fly through concrete supports trumps anything Sam has done.
The wings can endure that feat sure but Vulture did that remotely so its not like he can endure that while wearing the wings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"