• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

MCU Fight: Hulkbuster Ironman vs Abomination

jaqua99

....I need a horse!
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Abomination and Hulkbuster Ironman to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up.

HULKBUSTER IRONMAN Vs. ABOMINATION

PbeQHat.jpg

*****Here are some of their powers, abilities and relevant feats.*****

Hukbuster Ironman

- Advanced Strength: The suit was specifically designed to match the incredible superhuman strength of Hulk (should he ever need to be subdued), and is powered by over eleven Arc Reactors in order to grant the strength required for such a task. The suit was able to hit Hulk in the face hard enough to knock a tooth out, send Hulk flying two streets away with one punch, and ultimately succeeded in knocking Hulk out when the latter started to calm down after seeing the damage caused.

- Advanced Durability: The armor was built to be much stronger than any previous suits, to take more extreme damage, such as Hulk's brutal attacks.

- Repulsor Beams: The armor has the ability to shoot repulsor beams strong enough to slow down Hulk, if only for a while.

- Prehensile Technology: Using an independent propulsion system, each section can fly to the user from a drop pod hovering around the combat zone and automatically assemble into the Hulkbuster Armor. Despite being composed of individual parts, the XLIV is still able to sustain quite a few blows from Hulk, unlike the XLII.

- Grappling Hook: It is used to hold Hulk down long enough to use the Repulsor Beams on Hulk.

- Extended Punches: The suit is able to use its fist like a jack hammer.

- Chemical Spray: The suit had a chemical spray outfitted in its wrist which Tony tried to use on Hulk.

- Missles: The XLIV is able to launch small missiles which Tony used to increase damage to Hulk after dropping him into the building under construction.

- Veronica Replacement Parts: Should the Hulkbuster armor sustaine heavy damage, the Veronica hovering above the armor will respond to the authorized user's command by sending spare parts to replace the ones that were damaged. For instance, when the Hulk drove a pole into the Hulkbuster's left arm and severely damaged it, upon the command of Tony, Veronica releases several armor parts that would form an alternate left arm for the armor to battle the Hulk.

ABOMINATION

- Superhuman Strength: Immense strength enables him to hurl normal humans and cars great distances, easily tear through brick buildings, and even to kick Hulk through a building. Displayed noticeably superior strength to Hulk for a period of time. (Keep in mind, this IS canon, thus the same Hulk as from the Avengers, Age of Ultron, Ragnarok etc).

- Superhuman Speed: Due to the Super Soldier Serum Blonsky's speed was noticeably higher than that of an ordinary human. When running, Blonsky could easily outpace an army platoon, and even Hulk seemed to have trouble keeping up with him. Even after Blonsky was transformed, he is still able to move at speeds greater than of a normal human, as he was able to chase down a damaged Humvee with ease.

- Superhuman Durability: Abomination's bodily tissues, much like Hulk's, are substantially harder and more resistant to injury than the tissues of an ordinary human. His durability is enhanced to a high degree, and he apparently suffered no ill effects from burning and explosions. He was able to withstand high-caliber bullets and even Hulk's melee attacks.

- Superhuman Endurance: As a super-soldier, he was able to run faster and fight for a long time without tiring. As Abomination, Blonksy's highly advanced musculature produces vastly less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He is capable of physically exerting himself at peak capacity for several days before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.

- Regenerative Healing Factor: As a super-soldier, Blonsky's regenerative healing factor allowed him to recuperate from extensive injuries in the space of a day, including fractures throughout his entire skeleton. His super-soldier healing factor was much more advanced than any other recipient of the Super Soldier Serum, meaning that all the super-soldiers took different variants. This is proven by the fact that Blonsky regenerated from extensive physical traumas within the space of a day, whereas Rogers would take a week or less to recover from such injuries. After taking a blood transfusion from Hulk, his advanced healing factor was further enhanced, allowing him to heal at the same rate as Hulk, which is already a very high rate of regeneration. This makes him seemingly invulnerable and potentially immortal.

- Retractable Skeletal Spikes: Abomination possesses sharp spikes on his arms, elbows, back, and feet. These emerged through Blonsky's transformation acted as weapons when Abomination was in battle with Hulk. The sharp spike on his elbow was used to cause a deep wound on Hulk´s chest, cutting right through the latter's extremely durable skin.

*****Below is the SPECULATIVE list of power tiers to choose from, BLUE character names are official, RED character names are speculative.. Please select a power tier for each character (they're not in any particular order). Note: both characters can share the same tier.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)

Dormammu

Eson The Searcher

Odin

Surtur

Doctor Strange with Time Gem (Reality Hack)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale)]

Ego

Kurse

Ronan (with Power Gem)

Hela

Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)

Thor

Hulk

Malekith (with Reality Gem)

Doctor Strange

Vision

Destroyer Armor

Ghost Rider

Giant Man

Top Tier (Street to block level)

Aldrich Killian

Drax the Destroyer

Iron Man

Loki

Iron Monger

Ronan

Whiplash

War Machine

Giant Man

Scarlett Witch

Sif

Hogun

Fandral

Volstagg

Korath The Pursuer

Quake

Groot

Killgrave

Yondu

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)

Captain America

Gamora

Spider-Man

Vulture

Black Panther

Red Skull

Winter Solider

Starlord

Eric Savin (IM3 Killian's #1 Henchman)

Maya Hansen (IM3 Killian's Other Henchman)

Quicksliver

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

Jessica Jones

Crossbones

Madame Gao

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)

Daredevil

Elektra

Black Widow

Hawkeye

Shocker

Batroc The Leaper

Rocket Raccoon

Coleen Wing

Falcon

Batroc The Leaper

Kingpin

Diamondback

Nobu

Bakuto

*****As I mentioned earlier, as fights occur an official tier list will be created and updated by me and that can be viewed here.*****

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

So enjoy and we are looking forward to the results. Spread the word.

Last edited:
I don't know, it is a tough battle, but I am going to have to go with Abomination on this one. He seemed much larger and stronger then the Hulk to me in the movie, and I would say he was only defeated due to the Hulk positioning himself in a place behind the Abomination, while using a large chain to remain out of reach and choking him out until Abomination was oxygen deprived and unconscious.

Where as when the HulkBuster Iron Man fought the Hulk, I felt Hulk was winning the battle, but at the end saw the devastation he had caused and began calming down when the HulkBuster Iron Man unexpectedly clocked him.

So, I realize Hulk beat Abomination and HulkBuster Iron Man beat Hulk, but I feel these battles were more the result of the writers finding an exception so they can win, instead of it being a true representation of their power levels.

At least that is how I see it.

Surfer

I keep seeing a grappling hook referenced for Hulkbuster yet I've never noticed it. I think he has a taser thing in the extended animatic version of the fight, so maybe that was interpreted as grappling hooks but I'm just not seeing it.

Anyways, I'm in the camp that Hulkbuster only won because Hulk calmed down. Abomination seems to have a higher base strength level than calm Hulk even in the MCU (Hulk struggled until he used the car fists, even though those did nothing to really bother Abomination, and then Blonsky overpowered him in a grapple until Hulk's anger visibly rose with his eyes glowing green) so it should stand to reason that if Abomination is only weaker than an enraged Hulk, and Hulkbuster is only stronger to a calm Hulk, then Abomination fits in the middle for a strong advantage in this fight.

Enraged Hulk>Abomination>Hulkbuster>Calm Hulk

Plus Blonsky would likely never feel any remorse to distract him from the fight. He wouldn't rest or think of anything else until he pries Tony from the armor and crushes him.

EDIT: Voted.

DOUBLE EDIT: Abomination for sure Powerhouse.

Hulkbuster I feel contentious about. Since I feel it's victory over Hulk was very conditional, and since Iron Man is considered Top Tier despite him being what I consider one of the Avengers roster's powerhouses, then I feel that no matter how strong the Hulkbuster armor is said to be over Tony's other suits, it still cannot quite escape whatever tier Tony's other armors are in. Sure it's one of his best armors so far, but if Iron Man in general is only Top Tier, then so is Hulkbuster.

Last edited:
I keep seeing a grappling hook referenced for Hulkbuster yet I've never noticed it. I think he has a taser thing in the extended animatic version of the fight, so maybe that was interpreted as grappling hooks but I'm just not seeing it.

Anyways, I'm in the camp that Hulkbuster only won because Hulk calmed down. Abomination seems to have a higher base strength level than calm Hulk even in the MCU (Hulk struggled until he used the car fists, even though those did nothing to really bother Abomination, and then Blonsky overpowered him in a grapple until Hulk's anger visibly rose with his eyes glowing green) so it should stand to reason that if Abomination is only weaker than an enraged Hulk, and Hulkbuster is only stronger to a calm Hulk, then Abomination fits in the middle for a strong advantage in this fight.

Enraged Hulk>Abomination>Hulkbuster>Calm Hulk

Plus Blonsky would likely never feel any remorse to distract him from the fight. He wouldn't rest or think of anything else until he pries Tony from the armor and crushes him.

EDIT: Voted.

Good points! :up:

Don't forget to tell us which power tier you feel each of these characters belong in. It will help us later with their placement.

Thanks!

Surfer

Hulk strongest one there is. Hulk beat Abomibation. Hulkbuster beat ( or at least knocked out) Hulk. I think Hulk could've taken out the buster but he let his guard down.

Abomination is a lot more sinister and more intelligent than Hulk though so it could really go either way. Im gonna wait to see what other people think first before I make my vote. Lol

Went with Abomination but I'm not really sure why. Powerhouse

Abomination for sure, for the same reasons Surfer, coherent chaos, and Quasimodo gave.

I don't count Hulkbuster sucker punching Hulk as a win, it was purely situational. I would put both of them in the Powerhouse tier, although I feel like anyone in the Powerhouse Tier would beat Hulkbuster his armor was being ripped apart very easily.

Abomination for me as well.

Abomination was was still intelligent, almost resourceful. I see him going for Veronica asap.

Hulkbuster beat Hulk and Hulk beat Abomination, so I am going with Hulkbuster.

I'll go Hulkbuster due to its long range options. Both Powerhouses though.

Hulkbuster beat Hulk and Hulk beat Abomination, so I am going with Hulkbuster.

Yeah, but if winning the fight is the only indicator of a characters power level, then Starlord is more powerful than Ronan with an Infinity Stone. Afterall he beat Ronan with some dance moves because it distracted him and technically won the fight. So, you can see where there are other things to consider. So, I am not saying that Hulk Buster Iron Man might not be as powerful as the Abomination. Afterall thats the purpose of this battle. I am just saying fight results don't always show the full story.

Surfer

Both are extremely powerful and formidable, but I choose Abomination. In the battle with the Hulk, the only reason Stark was able to defeat Hulk was because he caught him in a moment of clarity and calmness after Wanda's spell wore off, otherwise he probably would have kept tearing into Hulkbuster Iron Man until he either destroyed something vital or exhausted his replacement parts.

In a straight up fight with the Abomination, I believe a trained fighter like Emil would use his military training to find a weakness and exploit it.

Last edited:
fight results don't always show the full story.
True, it depends on what type of fight they had. In both cases they were all-out slugfests with no punches pulled. Therefore I think Hulkbuster would beat Abomination in that sort of fight.

Hulkbuster Iron Man. No, not because it's a fanboy pick, but I'm calling it how I see it. Long range weapons, plus Abomination has gotten choked out, which means there's a limit to the punishment he can take.

True, it depends on what type of fight they had. In both cases they were all-out slugfests with no punches pulled. Therefore I think Hulkbuster would beat Abomination in that sort of fight.

Fair enough! And I am not saying you are wrong, because everyone sees things differently and I respect everyone's opinion. I was just saying not everything can be viewed so simply as this character beat this character on screen and this character beat that character on screen, so it means this character is more powerful then that character. That answer might work sometimes, but other times it doesn't. I think it's important that we always look deeper at the circumstances, because sometimes the win itself doesn't tell the whole story. I feel like this is one of those instances where there were extenuating circumstances with the onscreen fights and that is why I voted for Abomination.

Surfer

Hulkbuster Iron Man. No, not because it's a fanboy pick, but I'm calling it how I see it. Long range weapons, plus Abomination has gotten choked out, which means there's a limit to the punishment he can take.

Yeah, I heard another person say Long Range Weapons as a reason for the Hulk Buster Iron Man getting the upper hand and it's a valid Argument. Although, the military shot a Rocket Launcher at the Abomination, and he dealt with it like it was nothing. So, not sure what all good the Hulk Buster long range weaponry would do against him.

As for the Abomination having limits, I have no doubt he does, but then again I don't feel the Hulk Buster Iron Man is without limits either.

Also, people please don't forget to post which power tier you believe each of these characters belong in.

Thanks!

Surfer

Last edited:
Both are extremely powerful and formidable, but I choose Abomination. In the battle with the Hulk, the only reason Stark was able to defeat Hulk was because he caught him in a moment of clarity and calmness after Wanda's spell wore off, otherwise he probably would have kept tearing into Hulkbuster Iron Man until he either destroyed something vital or exhausted his replacement parts.

In a straight up fight with the Abomination, I believe a trained fighter like Emil would use his military training to find a weakness and exploit it.

This is how I feel as well

AOU was on TV today and I watched the Buster/Hulk fight. Here's a thought I had... Tony was trying only to stop Hulk, which he did I would say, not kill him. He held back, plus was balancing the fight and trying to limit bystander casualties. Now put Tony in the HB armor against Abombination, not holding anything back, somewhere innocent civvies aren't a factor... Gotta give it to the man over the monster.

Abomination would tear that plastic action figure apart. Its still a bit laughable that Iron man was able to hold his own against Thor and Hulk in the Avengers films.

Abomination would tear that plastic action figure apart. Its still a bit laughable that Iron man was able to hold his own against Thor and Hulk in the Avengers films.

Well to be fair Iron Man has beaten Hulk in the comics and fought him to stalemates.

Comic book Thor on the other hand, beats Iron Man's ass without breaking a sweat.

Hulkbuster takes it for me

It's close but in terms of stats like strength, speed and durability. Tony has the biggest advantage when it comes to brains though and that's what I think would make the difference.

Also we always think about the Hulk holding back or being nerfed but who says Tony wasn't. Just how powerful would the hulkbuster suit have been if Tony ha been straight out to kill the Hulk.

The common opponent is the Hulk. Both had success with weapons against the Hulk, Ironman with his repulsor beams and Bronsky with his improvised mace.

Only one got the victory though (granted Blonsky did face Hulk in his own movie so him winning would have felt a little bit off.) However Ironman just faced more powerful opponents and won or at least stalemated many more powerful mcu characters like Thor and Ultron.

Both should be in the powerhouse class I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"