• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MCU Fight: Hulkbuster Ironman vs Abomination

Some good points made here for both sides, but I had to go with Abom on this one. Iron Man is Marvel's golden boy and no way they were going to show him lose to Hulk.

Plus, he sucker punched Hulk when he was weak after the spell, like all the characters in the movie were once they came out of it, even Thor.

Abom survived a black hawk helicopter crashing down on top of him, and a mini gun blast at close range. Hulk had to get extremely angry just to beat him, and only got angry enough when Betty got threatened.

Hulkbuster puts up a good fight, but was really struggling towards the end of the Hulk fight. So Abom wins for me.

Some good points made here for both sides, but I had to go with Abom on this one. Iron Man is Marvel's golden boy and no way they were going to show him lose to Hulk.

Plus, he sucker punched Hulk when he was weak after the spell, like all the characters in the movie were once they came out of it, even Thor.

Abom survived a black hawk helicopter crashing down on top of him, and a mini gun blast at close range. Hulk had to get extremely angry just to beat him, and only got angry enough when Betty got threatened.

Hulkbuster puts up a good fight, but was really struggling towards the end of the Hulk fight. So Abom wins for me.

Don't forget to vote.

Abomination survived a helicopter, Hulkbuster survived a building. Mini-gun blast? More like one mini-gun bullet. The mini-gun didn't get him, save for that one shot when he wasn't looking, and besides, Hulkbuster's offensive weapons are more deadly than a mini-gun.

Look what took down Abomination, the "car gloves" took him down with relative ease, HB basically has those in each hand. The one mini-gun bullet that hit Abom definitely bothered him enough to run away, HB has more powerful weapons than a mini-gun, Abom's bones can be broken, HB can knock teeth out, it's not inconceivable he can also break some bones and Abom can get choked out, it's possible HB can get him from behind and also choke him out.

Abomination survived a helicopter, Hulkbuster survived a building. Mini-gun blast? More like one mini-gun bullet. The mini-gun didn't get him, save for that one shot when he wasn't looking, and besides, Hulkbuster's offensive weapons are more deadly than a mini-gun.

Look what took down Abomination, the "car gloves" took him down with relative ease, HB basically has those in each hand. The one mini-gun bullet that hit Abom definitely bothered him enough to run away, HB has more powerful weapons than a mini-gun, Abom's bones can be broken, HB can knock teeth out, it's not inconceivable he can also break some bones and Abom can get choked out, it's possible HB can get him from behind and also choke him out.

What in the world is going on? Abomination did not get "taken down" with relative ease by the car gloves. He shrugged it off and asked Hulk "is that all you got?" before kicking him hundreds of feet away.

What in the world is going on? Abomination did not get "taken down" with relative ease by the car gloves. He shrugged it off and asked Hulk "is that all you got?" before kicking him hundreds of feet away.

Is getting dropped on your back not getting taken down? Six punch combination before getting dropped, and then Hulk kept punching when Abom was on the ground. Abom didn't have an answer for any of those punches until after Hulk ran out of car.

Sure he shrugged it off, but he was getting punched repeatedly with no way to defend himself.

Didn't expect Hulkbuster to be in the lead in this thread. Abomination should have a pretty big advantage over Hulkbuster, especially in the durability department, where he's on a whole other level. Hulkbuster didn't really hurt Hulk at all(one tooth isn't going to do much) while Hulkbuster was in critical condition after Hulk got his hands on him for only a matter of seconds. Long range weapons seemed ineffective vs Hulk as well. Abomination won't be much different to Hulk and shouldn't have much trouble ripping the Hulkbuster armor apart like Hulk did when he got his hands on it.

Based on what we've seen, Abomination should take this 9/10 times and Hulkbuster could only win under special circumstances(like the special circumstances in the Hulkbuster vs Hulk fight). Already voted. Both powerhouse.
Sure he shrugged it off, but he was getting punched repeatedly with no way to defend himself.
Shrugging something off like it's nothing is very different to "being taken down with relative ease" though, isn't it?

Didn't expect Hulkbuster to be in the lead in this thread. Abomination should have a pretty big advantage over Hulkbuster, especially in the durability department, where he's on a whole other level. Hulkbuster didn't really hurt Hulk at all(one tooth isn't going to do much) while Hulkbuster was in critical condition after Hulk got his hands on him for only a matter of seconds. Long range weapons seemed ineffective vs Hulk as well. Abomination won't be much different to Hulk and shouldn't have much trouble ripping the Hulkbuster armor apart like Hulk did when he got his hands on it.

Based on what we've seen, Abomination should take this 9/10 times and Hulkbuster could only win under special circumstances(like the special circumstances in the Hulkbuster vs Hulk fight). Already voted. Both powerhouse.

Shrugging something off like it's nothing is very different to "being taken down with relative ease" though, isn't it?

I agree with you 100%.

Surfer

:wowe:

Is getting dropped on your back not getting taken down? Six punch combination before getting dropped, and then Hulk kept punching when Abom was on the ground. Abom didn't have an answer for any of those punches until after Hulk ran out of car.

How many times did Hulkbuster get "dropped" or better yet sent FLYING by Hulk's bare hands or feet?

Abomination was never sent flying by Hulk in the entire fight, he withstood Hulk's attacks MUCH easier than the Hulkbuster.

How many times did Hulkbuster get "dropped" or better yet sent FLYING by Hulk's bare hands or feet?

Abomination was never sent flying by Hulk in the entire fight, he withstood Hulk's attacks MUCH easier than the Hulkbuster.

Again, those were two different Hulks. Hulk at one point in that fight looked discouraged and rather calm, before Betty was put in danger and then got angry and turned the tide of the fight. Hulk in AOU was extremely angry the entire fight.

Car fist punches had Abom on the ground, Hulkbuster with that repetitive punch would do similar. The chains and iron things at the end of them that fell on him, hurt and stunned Abom, HB could take flight and come down crashing on him, one bullet from the mini gun was able to hurt or stun Abom enough for him to run away, HB has tougher fire power, Abom got his spine bones and elbow bones broken or ripped out, and got choked, meaning he has a tolerance. And more importantly, while Blonsky the soldier is a far better fighter and strategist, as Abomination, he went mad, Stark is smarter than him and would have an attack plan.

Abomination was not "stunned" or even showed any signs of being hurt when he was shot by the mini gun. Also he did not have his spine broken at any point in the movie.

Please go rewatch the film when you get the chance.

I think he's referring to the scene where hulk grabs and crunches the spines poking out of Abomination's back while hanging from the helicopter.

Here's the exact moment:
https://youtu.be/LGQuI4bqSw4?t=5m

Even still, Abomination walks away from this essentially completely unharmed. So um, kinda just lends itself to the Abomination > Hulkbuster argument

The only time Abomination was in any danger during his fight with Hulk was when Hulk was choking him with the chain. Everything else was brushed off. Also, we know Abomination has a healing factor. Blonsky before he received the gramma rays completely healed after having all his bones crushed. There's no telling how much greater his ability became after Sterns gave him the gamma blast.

But again you had Hulk showing that he was getting Angrier during the Abomination battle when his Eyes glowed green. Up until that point he had been mostly losing the battle to the Abomination, and even after he got Angry it seemed he only won due to keeping the Abomination off balance and then choking him out from behind with a chain where he remained out of reach. So, not sure I would describe Hulk's win against Abomination a result of him over powering him as much as a result of the specific circumstances. Being keeping him off balance while remaining out of reach. I have a feeling that since Abomination was beating normal Hulk he would have at least matched an enraged Hulk's powers were it not for the circumstances I described above. So, if true then that means that both Hulk Buster and Abomination are able to fight with an enraged Hulk to a tie. However, I lean towards Abomination because Hulk was coming out of Wanda's spell and was being taken out as he was calming down. However, what if the fight had continued and her spell making Hulk enraged didn't wear off? Hulk Buster is able to have self repairing armor and even parts and weapons deployed by Veronica, but it is not limitless. Those resources would eventually be depleated and then I think Hulk Buster would be in trouble. The Abomination is at that power level and does not depend on these gadgets, weapons and armor to boost him to that level. He just is already, therefore there is no resource that might be depleated or fail him like with the Hulk Buster Iron Man in my opinion giving him the edge. Also, keep in mind the placement of these wins and loses within the movies. I mean did we really think they were going to let Abomination win in a Hulk movie. Also, did we really think they would have Hulk totally destroy the Hulk Buster Iron Man when RDJ is their biggest star and cash grab. No, so these movies try to show the characters in a way that will reflect their power levels, but in the end use a set of circumstances that allows the less powerful character to triumph. However, the victory is not always a true indicator of the power level as represented.

At least that is how I see it, but I value your opinion as well as everyone else's. After all if we all seen things the same there would be no need for these Vs. battles which are so much fun.

Surfer

This. We also need to keep in mind that Hulk that fought Thor is a CLOSE second to Hulkbuster Hulk in terms of anger and strength. If we say Wanda's magic, causing a calm Banner to unnaturally Hulk out to peak rage, we HAVE to say, by logic, the Hulk who fought Thor is a CLOSE SECOND, due to an ALREADY ANGRY Banner having another unnatural Hulkout after two years. Except instead of being influenced by Wanda's powers, he was influenced by the mind gem.

To the arguements saying Hulkbuster Hulk dominates Abomination, and the Hulk who fought Abomination, that statement isn't quantifiable. Because we have no way of knowing the difference between Hulkbuster Hulk, and "choke out" Hulk. What we DO know about Abomination Hulk is that
1. Betty got to Banner when Hulk was raging, through out the movie. I propose that Betty was an anecdote to ANY Hulk.
2. Hulk was progressively getting angrier (and dominated) through out his fight with Abomination. Hulk WAS able to overpower Abomination's arm briefly. However, when he was choking him, he was full on HULK SCREAM. That was a rage scream. That was out of control Hulk screaming.
I propose Hulk "cooling it" was exclusively because of Betty and NOT because Hulk wasn't angry.

I don't think we can rule out the possibility that Hulk, at the end of the Abomination fight was DAMN close to how he was against Thor, and against Iron man.

Considering how much stronger Abomination was even as Hulk got angrier, I still propose the difference between Hulk at the beginning of that fight, and the end was HUGE. So, with that said, Hulk may have been just a bit stronger at the end, and with similar durability.

Given the difference from start to finish, I suggest Hulk at the end of the Abomination fight was very close to his Hulkbuster/Thor fights. And That Abomination is just as durable, and therefor comparible (yet inferior) in strength.

Also keep in mind, Abomination was hitting hard enough to tire out Hulk, and make him groggy. NO one aside from Thor did that (who did it to a lesser degree, with one hit).

So again, there is PLENTY of evidence and context to show how strong Abomination is.

HulkBuster Hulk>=Thor Hulk>Abomination>>>>>>>AoU/Avengers final battle Hulk.

To me, this is suffecient evidence that Abomination is closer to a peaked rage Hulk than he is to any Hulk that didn't fight Hulkbuster or Thor.

Which to me, suggests Abomination can take whatever Hulkbuster dishes at him, can think, and can eventually tear the suit appart.

Last edited:

The car gloves is a feat in FAVOR of Abomination's durability. He took a pounding from car gloves, being weilding by Hulk's fist, and laughed at him..then kicked him 100s of feet.

I think he's referring to the scene where hulk grabs and crunches the spines poking out of Abomination's back while hanging from the helicopter.

Here's the exact moment:
https://youtu.be/LGQuI4bqSw4?t=5m

Even still, Abomination walks away from this essentially completely unharmed. So um, kinda just lends itself to the Abomination > Hulkbuster argument

I knew which scene he was referring, oddly enough I just watched this fight a few days ago. However, Abominations "spine" was not broken at all, it seemed more like he was twisting Abominations skin and muscles.

Another point for Stark that I forgot about was that in the Hulkbuster armour Tony took Hulk way in to the air before dropping him through that half completed building.

What if he had just continued to fly upwards? Due to Hulk strangling Abomination with the chain we know he must require oxygen.

If Stark just bring the fight up to his maximum altitude it would probably end up killing Abomination due to lack of oxygen.

Another point for Stark that I forgot about was that in the Hulkbuster armour Tony took Hulk way in to the air before dropping him through that half completed building.

What if he had just continued to fly upwards? Due to Hulk strangling Abomination with the chain we know he must require oxygen.

If Stark just bring the fight up to his maximum altitude it would probably end up killing Abomination due to lack of oxygen.
He probably didn't want to fly upwards with hulk very long since this was what was happening while he was flying just a few 100m:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Attempting to go miles into the air and then waiting for Abomination to pass out is probably not a great idea.

He probably didn't want to fly upwards with hulk very long since this was what was happening while he was flying just a few 100m:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Attempting to go miles into the air and then waiting for Abomination to pass out is probably not a great idea.

Not saying it would definitely work, but Tony wasn't even trying to fight Hulk in those clips, he's trying to clear Hulk of the civilian population of the city. Stark doesn't even throw a strike or any type of attack.

You can even see in your second GIF that Hulk literally fall's off the Hulkbuster armour and Tony grabs him by his ankle to stop him reaching the people below.

If Stark had wanted to make this an aerial battle he would have been a lot more effective but there would have just been far more collateral damage.

Not saying it would definitely work, but Tony wasn't even trying to fight Hulk in those clips, he's trying to clear Hulk of the civilian population of the city. Stark doesn't even throw a strike or any type of attack.

You can even see in your second GIF that Hulk literally fall's off the Hulkbuster armour and Tony grabs him by his ankle to stop him reaching the people below.

If Stark had wanted to make this an aerial battle he would have been a lot more effective but there would have just been far more collateral damage.
That's the point. Maybe he was trying to move the hulk out of the area. But that obviously didn't work out for him at all. He was clearly unable to carry hulk for even a few 100m without taking severe damage. What makes you think the same thing wouldn't happen if he tried to carry Abomination out of the area by flying him miles up into the air? If he could have carried Hulk for miles without issues anyway, he would have just flown him out of the city then and there. Instead he decided to blow up a large structure in the middle of a densely populated area.
He would have to do the exact same thing in that scenario if he wants to get him high enough. Letting him fall to the ground isn't going to get him miles up into the air either, is it?

That's the point. Maybe he was trying to move the hulk out of the area. But that obviously didn't work out for him at all. He was clearly unable to carry hulk for even a few 100m without taking severe damage. What makes you think the same thing wouldn't happen if he tried to carry Abomination out of the area by flying him miles up into the air? If he could have carried Hulk for miles without issues anyway, he would have just flown him out of the city then and there. Instead he decided to blow up a large structure in the middle of a densely populated area.

He would have to do the exact same thing in that scenario if he wants to get him high enough. Letting him fall to the ground isn't going to get him miles up into the air either, is it?

Without hitting him back. When he's flying trying to escape the most densely populated area it would make little sense for Stark to try and land some big blows in mid air and accidently send an even more pissed off Hulk in to a group of people but this is not the situation with Abomination.

Not really Stark could actually fight Abomination in mid air instead of playing safe like he did with Hulk. Using all of his weapons to his advantage in a one on one fight Tony isn't going to have civilians to worry about as well so he can focus all his attention on Abomination.

But, there is nothing to suggest that Tony Stark's costume would sustain him in a Oxygen deficient environment either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LEmNgZvUYg&feature=youtu.be

He clearly was returning to earth unconscious. If anything one could probably argue that the Abomination could hold his breath longer, and the only reason the Abomination did not seem to have a longer breath span while fighting the Hulk was due to him exerting himself trying to escape. Tony clearly is not exerting himself and he is just being knocked out from the lack of oxygen. I realize Tony has made advances since then, but still I think that if Hulk had not saved him he would have been toast.

Surfer

Last edited:
But, there is nothing to suggest that Tony Stark's costume would sustain him in a Oxygen deficient environment either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LEmNgZvUYg&feature=youtu.be

He clearly was returning to earth unconscious. If anything one could probably argue that the Abomination could hold his breath longer, and the only reason the Abomination did not seem to have a longer breath span while fighting the Hulk was due to him exerting himself trying to escape. Tony clearly is not exerting himself and he is just being knocked out from the lack of oxygen. I realize Tony has made advances since then, but still I think that if Hulk had not saved him he would have been toast.

Surfer

Oh I think we may have got mixed up. I wasn't referencing him going in to space at the end of Avengers. Rather him maxing out his altitude in Iron Man 1 in the Mark III against Stane.

Even after Stane's suit completely froze up Tony's was working, it was eventually a lack of power due to an arc reactor not fit to power that suit which caused him to lose altitude.

I believe Jarvis makes some reference to 85,000ft being the record. Tony can fly up to that height.

The Time of Useful Consciousness is a function of altitude. At 20,000 feet, an average individual will have 5 to 12 minutes. At 25,000 feet, this time is reduced to 3 to 5 minutes. At 30,000 feet only 1 to 2 minutes are available. By 40,000 feet, the average individual will have only 9 to 15 seconds (basically this represents the oxygen that was in their system before the exposure to 40,000 feet).

So if Iron Man can get up past 30,000 Abomination likely wouldn't have very long conscious.

(The whole aerial side of things just got me thinking as its a battlefield advantage that Stark never really used against Hulk but would be a big advantage in a fight.)

Oh I think we may have got mixed up. I wasn't referencing him going in to space at the end of Avengers. Rather him maxing out his altitude in Iron Man 1 in the Mark III against Stane.

Even after Stane's suit completely froze up Tony's was working, it was eventually a lack of power due to an arc reactor not fit to power that suit which caused him to lose altitude.

I believe Jarvis makes some reference to 85,000ft being the record. Tony can fly up to that height.

The Time of Useful Consciousness is a function of altitude. At 20,000 feet, an average individual will have 5 to 12 minutes. At 25,000 feet, this time is reduced to 3 to 5 minutes. At 30,000 feet only 1 to 2 minutes are available. By 40,000 feet, the average individual will have only 9 to 15 seconds (basically this represents the oxygen that was in their system before the exposure to 40,000 feet).

So if Iron Man can get up past 30,000 Abomination likely wouldn't have very long conscious.

(The whole aerial side of things just got me thinking as its a battlefield advantage that Stark never really used against Hulk but would be a big advantage in a fight.)

Yeah, but in Iron Man 1 it was the freezing up that caused Iron Monger to lose flight, not a loss of oxygen. I believe Tony's Suit can possibly fly him to the 85,000 feet you specify or might even be able to fly him into space, but there is no evidence that the suits he has built would be able to sustain his life during that process. Once again when he went into space through a worm hole he was knocked out due to a lack of oxygen after just a few short moments. If he did not return to our earth's atmosphere quickly he would have died. So, so far Tony's suits seem to require him to have oxygen just as much as the Abomination needs oxygen.

Surfer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"