MCU Thor Respect Thread (Spoilers!!!)

I just don’t think The Russo’s know how to handle super powerful heroes, they are much better with lower level guys like Cap, BP and Spidey.

Hulk, VIsion and Thor all got shafted in the last 2 Avengers movies but at least it only happened for Thor in EG. Vision and Hulk got the shaft in both.

I just don’t think The Russo’s know how to handle super powerful heroes, they are much better with lower level guys like Cap, BP and Spidey.

Hulk, VIsion and Thor all got shafted in the last 2 Avengers movies but at least it only happened for Thor in EG. Vision and Hulk got the shaft in both.

I don't know if it is so much a Russo problem. Power management is a ongoing concern with team up flicks. How do you handle the powerhouses who can make all the other participants look a tad useless? It's why Professor X, OT Phoenix, Captain Marvel, Wanda, and Superman were knocked out, waiting patiently, off planet, babysitting a synthezoid or just plain dead in their respective series.

I don't know if it is so much a Russo problem. Power management is a ongoing concern with team up flicks. How do you handle the powerhouses who can make all the other participants look a tad useless? It's why Professor X, OT Phoenix, Captain Marvel, Wanda, and Superman were knocked out, waiting patiently, off planet, babysitting a synthezoid or just plain dead in their respective series.

One of the few things Justice league got right though was Superman’s power when he was brought back, he was the game changer as he should be.

For me Whedon got the power levels better in his movies. I loved Hulk in TA, but while Thor wasn’t as flashy as him, he showed plenty of power himself throughout.

And one movie Wanda is struggling with Cap level enemies, then the next she is wrecking Thanos herself. I would say EG got her power levels more accurate though, so that was an improvement at least.

One of the few things Justice league got right though was Superman’s power when he was brought back, he was the game changer as he should be.

For me Whedon got the power levels better in his movies. I loved Hulk in TA, but while Thor wasn’t as flashy as him, he showed plenty of power himself throughout.

And one movie Wanda is struggling with Cap level enemies, then the next she is wrecking Thanos herself. I would say EG got her power levels more accurate though, so that was an improvement at least.

The easy read is she's still learning to use her powers. I'm sure her series will take that premise even further.

The easy read is she's still learning to use her powers. I'm sure her series will take that premise even further.

Yeah they certainly could with SW. But at least her powers progressed in EG. Hulk and Thor got less powerful, while we didn’t see Vision at all.

I enjoyed Whedon Supes, distorted face and all. But the problem of "Why do we need these other guys?" remained after Kal-El (No!!!) made short work of Mr. Wolf.

Widow seemed a bit much, using all of her 97 lbs to smack around alien brutes and latch onto a space chariot at full speed. Makes me think Fury gave her a shot of the Reinstein juice after her encounter with Bruce in India.

I dunno. It makes sense to me that she would struggle with a couple of well armed and well trained super soldier level fighters with her focus distracted by a stabbed robot boyfriend. It was nice to see her let loose though in Endgame.

I enjoyed Whedon Supes, distorted face and all. But the problem of "Why do we need these other guys?" remained after Kal-El (No!!!) made short work of Mr. Wolf.

While I don’t disagree with your point, it was just great to see Superman being a boss. I would like to see how the fight pans in a potential Snyder cut to see if it’s different, but by the sounds of it, it wouldn’t be. Which I am okay with after seeing Batman smack him around in the previous movie.

Widow seemed a bit much, using all of her 97 lbs to smack around alien brutes and latch onto a space chariot at full speed. Makes me think Fury gave her a shot of the Reinstein juice after her encounter with Bruce in India.

Widow was no different in IW though, kicking the Black Order around and holding her own both times she faced them.

I dunno. It makes sense to me that she would struggle with a couple of well armed and well trained super soldier level fighters with her focus distracted by a stabbed robot boyfriend. It was nice to see her let loose though in Endgame.

Vision was still able to fight himself though, which made SW struggling all the stranger. But as I said her powers fluctuating didn’t bother me nearly as much as Thor and Hulk getting a serious downgrade. And that’s without mentioning Vision.

KING THOR #4
That last panel is freaking amazing. Jason Aaron and Esad Ribić are 2 legends of Thor comics.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjkvMDgxL29yaWdpbmFsL0tJTkdUSE9SMjAxOTAwNDAwMV9SaWJpYy5qcGc=

Just had the absolute pleasure of reading "King Thor #4" by Jason Aaron (& Esad Ribić). The last chapter of his epic run.
And i gotta say that i absolutely loved it. It was epic in scope but also quite personal and emotional. A worthy send off to the best writer of Thor comics ever.

Thank you Jason Aaron.

giphy.gif

Thor is officially a 100 tonner in the MCU!

Did some rough calcs and that boulder Thor was lifting during the work out montage is over 100 tons at minimum.

The boulder appears to be made of sandstone (which is 150 pounds per cubic feet) and was 15 foot long, 10 foot tall, and 10 foot wide it would be 112 tons. However the boulder looks closer to 25 feet, 12+ feet tall, and 12+ feet wide though which would make it 270 tons, but it's hard to tell because of the angle.

I know moving the Nidavellir Ring feat puts Thor wayyyy above 100 tons but this feat was easier to quanitify and has less variables and unknowns.

Thor now has the ability to make children into tiny thors.
:whatever:

Which is exactly the same as
Odin granting random people the power of Thor via his enchantment of Mjolnir. The only difference is Thor just did it directly instead of tying it to a specific rule. Because Thor wasn't trying to teach someone a lesson like Odin was.

Which is exactly the same as
Odin granting random people the power of Thor via his enchantment of Mjolnir. The only difference is Thor just did it directly instead of tying it to a specific rule. Because Thor wasn't trying to teach someone a lesson like Odin was.

So... Children.

I just find it so dumb. Better than reaching out to some of the new avengers or his buddy Hulk.

So... Children.

I just find it so dumb. Better than reaching out to some of the new avengers or his buddy Hulk.

Ok. It wasn't the plan going in. He worked with what he had and what he didn't have at that point in the movie was anywhere near enough time to go running off looking for a ton of other characters who could, at that point, be literally anywhere doing literally anything.

So... Children.

I mean even without the enhancement these are children who would kick any of our asses on account of being Asgardians. And they're no doubt way older than any of us, for that matter.

So... Children.

I don’t think it’s dumb at all. On the contrary…
It was clearly a way of protecting those children from being hurt.

At first Thor even says that the kids should try and go unnoticed by Gorr and find a stealthy way to Stormbreaker so they can escape home but when he realizes that the shadow monsters are conjured and the kids are actually in real danger he just goes ahead and empowers (a lá Odin) them with his power so that they’ll be relatively safe while actually being helpful in some way.

I thought it was pretty great seeing Thor realize he had that power in him as Odin did, something that perfectly ties up with the earlier accidental enchantment of Mjolnir to safeguard Jane which I also thought was a brilliant way of setting that up.

And for those who claim that it was sort of strange that just now he realize he had that power and he could’ve actually used it earlier, well it’s all explained with how He didn’t even realize that he empowered Mjolnir to take care of Jane and only later on, when seeing Mighty Thor he finally comes to realize that he’s able to perform such a task which he does, intentionally, the second time around…

Good stuff in my book. It’s pretty cool seing Thor become more like Odin in that regard.

Ok. It wasn't the plan going in. He worked with what he had and what he didn't have at that point in the movie was anywhere near enough time to go running off looking for a ton of other characters who could, at that point, be literally anywhere doing literally anything.
michael-scott-the-office.gif

I've recently rewatched Love and Thunder....while I still enjoyed the movie but the more I think of it, the more that I prefer and kinda missed the regal Thor that we've got prior to him becoming this goofy dude bro.

Thor try to be funny in a goofy way never works for me...

Imo, the most funny moment for Thor in the entire MCU ironically was when he was still takes everything so seriously in the first movie.

His "ANOTHERRR!!" is always funny hahaha.

And ....

"I need a Horse!!" while walking through the pet shop...
"We don't have horses here, just cats...dogs..."
"Then give me one of those large enough to ride"

Then the look on the shop clerk's face....hahaha. Just hilarious and funny!!

Last edited:
Love and Thunder is still my favorite Thor movie, and in my top 5 of MCU movies. While it's got some things I take issue with, the ending is one of the best, if not THE BEST, ending of any comic book movie. It very much hits home with me.

From Thor giving the kids his powers, and it resembling the Tree of Life: (The symbol of the Tree of Life holds a special meaning to my wife and I)

sub-buzz-8964-1657294450-15.jpg

To Thor adopting a child, whose parents are gone. (My wife and I have 2 adopted daughters, who have lost their parents)

I will shed a tear every time I watch this movie. That's something the haters can never take away.

Love and Thunder is still my favorite Thor movie, and in my top 5 of MCU movies. While it's got some things I take issue with, the ending is one of the best, if not THE BEST, ending of any comic book movie. It very much hits home with me.

From Thor giving the kids his powers, and it resembling the Tree of Life: (The symbol of the Tree of Life holds a special meaning to my wife and I)

sub-buzz-8964-1657294450-15.jpg

To Thor adopting a child, whose parents are gone. (My wife and I have 2 adopted daughters, who have lost their parents)

I will shed a tear every time I watch this movie. That's something the haters can never take away.

The movie has so much heart and charm, it's a shame what its legacy will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"