MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

It's better to be a little laid back about this stuff. ;)

Abobo punched a magician in the new Shang Chi trailer, so it's possible he could win against Wong.

ABOMINATION

You're just flat out Wong.
EDIT: Someone had to say it.....

Last edited:
Wong sends Abom to Brazil or something using a Portal. Fight over.
I'm so sick of this excuse with Strange and Wong. "Just send them to the mirror dimension" "or send them to Alaska"........let's just take that out of the equation.

Wong. Given up on trying to present evidence based arguments so I flipped a coin.
SmoggyHilariousBaiji-size_restricted.gif

We don't quit here so post how you always post. Did someone hurt you?

I'm so sick of this excuse with Strange and Wong. "Just send them to the mirror dimension" "or send them to Alaska"........let's just take that out of the equation.

Abomination is really strong, but I think we should just take that out of the equation.

If you got it, you got it.

He hits him with a dissolving spell. Guts everywhere.....

Abomination vs Bleeding Edge Iron Man:

Most everything that needs to be said has been said. This is the best most powerful version of Iron Man, versus a weaker inferior Hulk. Sure, it won't be a trivial fight, but Tony should win much more often than not as long as he doesn't decide to turn it into a boxing match for some reason.

Abomination vs Wong:

Wong takes it. The fact that some people don't *like* that baseline bricks lose to people with magical powers that render strength completely irrelevant, doesn't change what actually happens. This is called "Being strong and tough is not the be all end all of existence", aka "Why the Hulk is consistently overrated".

Abomination vs Wong:

Wong takes it. The fact that some people don't *like* that baseline bricks lose to people with magical powers that render strength completely irrelevant, doesn't change what actually happens. This is called "Being strong and tough is not the be all end all of existence", aka "Why the Hulk is consistently overrated".
giphy.gif

I stick with my guns. The Hulk *is* consistently overrated, despite essentially being just a brick. He's a really good brick, in the top tier, sure. . . but that is *all* he is. He has no mobility powers other than jumping, no superhuman speed or reflexes, no ranged attacks other than "throw something", no exotic powers which provide any options other than "hit stuff", few exotic defenses, no extraordinary levels of skill, and most of the time not even ordinary human levels of intelligence. That is a crippling lack of capacity, especially given that most other bricks in his weight class aren't nearly so limited.

I'm going with the upset. Yellowjacket and Ghost. Neither Wanda nor Pietro will see Yellowjacket coming which will be the reason they lose. I really don't see Ghost being that much of a factor honestly.

As as rookies the twins still messed the Avengers pretty badly, even though mostly stealthily.
The other two lost against Ant-Man, who may have defeated Falcon and kicked Spider-Man once, but that didn't last long for him.

tumblr_nxt1d1hLz81tbealgo6_400.gifv

WANDA AND PIETRO

Beginner Wanda and Pietro vs Ghost and Yellowjacket:

. . .huh. Its like "battle of the inconsistently defensive glass cannons". Everyone here has a very effective *active* defense that has issues if they are unaware or unprepared, and various powerful offensive options. At the same time, no one is really untouchable.

I lean to "coin flip", assuming Yellowjacket starts in miniature form. Being a few millimeters tall should prevent both Wanda and Pietro from quickly locating and targeting him, long enough for him to get one good ranged attack and take out *one* of them. . . at which point his position is revealed and the other splats him. That leaves one of the two versus Ghost, and that's a toss-up regardless of which is still standing. If Yellowjacket has to start at full size, than I give it to Team Maximoff most of the time; the initial Pietro blitz will pretty easily take out Yellowjacket, and while Ghost and her ambiguously-constant state of phasing may keep her up at that point, she isn't winning a two on one.

I stick with my guns. The Hulk *is* consistently overrated, despite essentially being just a brick. He's a really good brick, in the top tier, sure. . . but that is *all* he is. He has no mobility powers other than jumping, no superhuman speed or reflexes, no ranged attacks other than "throw something", no exotic powers which provide any options other than "hit stuff", few exotic defenses, no extraordinary levels of skill, and most of the time not even ordinary human levels of intelligence. That is a crippling lack of capacity, especially given that most other bricks in his weight class aren't nearly so limited.

Overrated in comparison to whom ? When we talk about Hulk's weight class, that's a pretty small division: Hulk, Thor, Thanos, Abomination, The Hulkbuster ( probably not Cull Obsidian- as I cant see Hulk dying from Giant Man stomp). Hulk has defeated Abomination, so he's not the bottom of a pretty impressive cohort.

I'm not a huge Hulk fan but I feel compelled to stick up for MCU Hulk, he hasn't received a lot of love from the MCU writers in general, but is still an impressive powerhouse, with some notable feats of raw physical power.

Maybe his powers are limited to being really strong and tough, but he still achieves a lot with them.

While he lacks intellect, he's been still very capable in fights due to his raw ferocity and power. Bears have low levels of intelligence compared to humans, but you wouldn't want to fight one.

As far as his weight class goes, the only straight up brick who has been able to completely outclass Hulk is Thanos who is at least as strong and an immensely skilled fighter, able to take on Thor, Tony and Cap at the same time.

Hulk has also some pretty reasonable showings against Thor, who also has a bunch of other powers besides strength and is also much more skilfull.

Hulkbuster was able to subdue Hulk because it had a bunch of other weapons and abilities, but it still wasn't an easy feat, and there were plenty of moments in their fight where Hulk had the upper hand.

Comic book Hulk has the massive advantage of the continuous power buff - becoming stronger and tougher as he gets angrier. This compensates for his limitations in most situations. MCU Hulk doesn't have this luxury, but I argue he still does really well with what he's got.

Could he beat massively OP MCU characters like Wanda or Captain Marvel ? Probably not, but he'd tear up a lot of scenery fighting them.

Overrated in comparison to whom ? When we talk about Hulk's weight class, that's a pretty small division: Hulk, Thor, Thanos, Abomination, The Hulkbuster ( probably not Cull Obsidian- as I cant see Hulk dying from Giant Man stomp). Hulk has defeated Abomination, so he's not the bottom of a pretty impressive cohort.

You can also add Fenris to that group, although Hulk only beat him through circumstantial factors.

I'm not a huge Hulk fan but I feel compelled to stick up for MCU Hulk, he hasn't received a lot of love from the MCU writers in general, but is still an impressive powerhouse, with some notable feats of raw physical power.

Whedon definitely seemed to like Hulk a lot more than the Russo's, and its no surprise that Hulk got most of his best feats in the 2 Whedon Avengers movies.

Hulk has also some pretty reasonable showings against Thor, who also has a bunch of other powers besides strength and is also much more skilfull.

True. Although he did that against a hammer-less pre-awakened Thor who was initially trying to reason with him. Once Thor activated Raiden mode he had a clear advantage and if you give him Stormbreaker as well that fight becomes very one-sided.

Hulkbuster was able to subdue Hulk because it had a bunch of other weapons and abilities, but it still wasn't an easy feat, and there were plenty of moments in their fight where Hulk had the upper hand.

Yes. Also Hulk was clearly starting to calm down and then Tony sucker-punched him before he could become angry again.

Comic book Hulk has the massive advantage of the continuous power buff - becoming stronger and tougher as he gets angrier. This compensates for his limitations in most situations. MCU Hulk doesn't have this luxury, but I argue he still does really well with what he's got.

I agree that MCU Hulk is somewhat underrated and I think its largely a consequence of the fact that he was practically the only major hero in the MCU not to get any impressive fight scenes in IW/EG. Tony got his duel with Thanos on Titan. Thor got his entrance in Wakanda. Cap got his fight against Thanos with Mjolnir. And Hulk got... nothing.

QS and Scarlett Witch win. Next up:

StormBreaker Thor
5634e5f293ba6fa0d47ee7ac2df434a9.gif

vs Hela
9551128c8bb4f5ee0eb22b170e28e3fa.gif

Who you got peeps?

Hela. Stormbreaker makes it a much closer fight but Hela still wins.

Remember this ?

She's that powerful, and that's at her weakest.

She's still stronger, faster and tougher than Thor.
One on one he still loses. Maybe if he had Valkyrie or Loki as a distraction, he might be able to beat her - otherwise Hela wins.

As in every fight against Hela it comes down to Asgard. As long as Asgard continues to exist, she continues to draw strength/power from it. The whole point of Ragnarok is that she can't be beaten without destroying Asgard.

So could Stormbreaker Thor destroy Asgard? Physically, maybe. Mentally... Maybe. While simultaneously fighting off Hela herself? No.

Hela wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"