MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Shang Chi trailer

the-abomination-shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-the-ten-rings-1624626062.jpeg

My boy is back. Hopefully they give some new feats.

Luke Cage wins. Next up:

The Abomination
P22E.gif

Vs Bleeding armor Iron Man
IllfatedMilkyBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

Who you got peeps?

PS- Black Widow needs to hurry up and come out. Running out of characters to match up with. I know some of these have been done before Marvel is moving really slow right now.

Luke Cage wins. Next up:

The Abomination
P22E.gif

Vs Bleeding armor Iron Man
IllfatedMilkyBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

Who you got peeps?

PS- Black Widow needs to hurry up and come out. Running out of characters to match up with. I know some of these have been done before Marvel is moving really slow right now.

IM. Abomination can't get close enough to do any damage.

Hulk and Cull did so why can't Abomination?
giphy.gif

Hulk never fought Bleeding Edge Tony and Cull had the benefit of both being more skilled than Abom, and also having multiple weapons (including his throwing hammer) and a shield. Whereas Blonsky just has his fists. Don't forget that Cull was beating a more advanced version of the Hulk-Buster suit that KO'd AoU Hulk, who was himself superior to the '08 Hulk that Abom lost against.

OT: Tony's performance against Thanos is more than enough for me to conclude that he takes this one.

I wanted to see someone suggest a Abomination vs Hulk rematch. This time with Ruffalo's professor Hulk version. Not sure how good the fight would be though since Abomination was clearly more powerful. And though Professor Hulk may be much more intelligent, is he a better fighter than dumb Hulk?

Anyways, seeing Iron Man's performance against the big guy from the Black Order, I'd give the edge to Abomination.

Hulk never fought Bleeding Edge Tony and Cull had the benefit of both being more skilled than Abom, and also having multiple weapons (including his throwing hammer) and a shield. Whereas Blonsky just has his fists. Don't forget that Cull was beating a more advanced version of the Hulk-Buster suit that KO'd AoU Hulk, who was himself superior to the '08 Hulk that Abom lost against.

OT: Tony's performance against Thanos is more than enough for me to conclude that he takes this one.

The above is an example of reasoning using comparison and analogy based on evidence that is seen onscreen.

Hulk vs Bleeding Edge = no screen evidence.

Tony vs Thanos > Hulk v Thanos

Or at least Tony lasted longer before being utterly defeated. Although Thanos v Hulk was only hand to hand and Tony vs Thanos was a bit of hand to hand and 4 Infinity stones.

More on Thanos later.

Tony vs Cull = ? We never get to see it play out for long but somehow Cull seems to put Tony on the back foot. Neither sustain significant damage.

Cull vs Hulkbuster = Hulkbuster > Cull. Despite Cull ripping off Hulkbuster's arm and looking more competent in hand to hand Hulkbuster ultimately wins although sustains significant damage. No replacement parts or additional weaponry available during the fight.

Hulkbuster vs Hulk 2015 = Hulkbuster wins, although replacement parts and weaponry were available during the fight.

So Hulkbuster > Hulk 2015

Hulk 2008 vs Hulk 2012 and Hulk 2015, and Hulk 2017 and Hulk 2018.

Assuming Hulk becomes more experienced and powerful as time goes on ....with Hulk 2012's feat vs the giant Chitauri flying creature being very impressive, and Hulk 2017 staggering Surtur, briefly. Then at least Hulk 2012 and definitely Huln 2017 > Hulk 2008

Hulk 2008 vs Abomination. Hulk wins.

Soooooo we can say that Hulk 2012 > Abomination, and assuming Hulk 2015 is > Hulk 2012 then Hulkbuster is also > Abomination.

Of course is Hulkbuster = > < Bleeding Edge Armour ? We can say it's more advanced.

Well Thanos no stones > Hulk 2018 ( and assuming Hulk 2018 at least = Hulk 2017)

Thanos with 4 stones > Bleeding Edge armour.

In Endgame Thanos with a sword > Bleeding Edge armour.

Ultimately Thanos doesn't help our comparisons that much so let's forget about him.

Assuming Bleeding Edge > Hulkbuster then
Bleeding Edge > Hulk 2015 > Hulk 2008 > Abomination.

The points of comparison and analogy are imperfect, so really it's all just opinions anyway.

So Bleeding Edge armour wins.

I wanted to see someone suggest a Abomination vs Hulk rematch. This time with Ruffalo's professor Hulk version. Not sure how good the fight would be though since Abomination was clearly more powerful. And though Professor Hulk may be much more intelligent, is he a better fighter than dumb Hulk?

Anyways, seeing Iron Man's performance against the big guy from the Black Order, I'd give the edge to Abomination.

Abomination was clearly more powerful?

What have you seen to suggest Abomination is more powerful than Professor Hulk.

Hulk 2008 > Abomination

Hulk 2017/18 ( staggers Surtur, mountain sized demon) is >Hulk 2015 ( Hulkbuster fight , smashes Ultron) is > or at least = Hulk 2012 ( destroys Chitauri monster with a single punch) > Hulk 2008 ( beats Abomination)

So what suggests that Professor Hulk is less powerful than previous Hulks who are all more powerful than Abomination ?

What evidence onscreen have you got that Professor Hulk has suddenly dropped in power between 2017 and 2019 (2023 MCU time) ?

Given that Professor Hulk's main feat is to use the Infinity gauntlet to restore half the life in the universe, and not die immediately, that's a hard comparison. We don't see a lot of him fighting during the Endgame battle, but there's nothing to suggest he's suddenly not as powerful as his 2018 self, although he's clearly much smarter ( as he uses whole sentences and helps build a time machine).

You're not on the writing staff for Loki are you ?

Abomination was clearly more powerful?

What have you seen to suggest Abomination is more powerful than Professor Hulk.

Hulk 2008 > Abomination

I'm comparing the 2008 versions and assuming Hulk hasn't improved from that point since. During that fight Abomination was clearly more powerful.

Norton Hulk won like many heroes do against a more powerful foe, he used his brain to capitalize off a situation at the right time to gain the upper hand and win.

When it was pure might vs might with no advantageous position to either, Abomination had the upper hand most of the time until his foot got stuck lol.

I'm comparing the 2008 versions and assuming Hulk hasn't improved from that point since. During that fight Abomination was clearly more powerful.

Norton Hulk won like many heroes do against a more powerful foe, he used his brain to capitalize off a situation at the right time to gain the upper hand and win.

When it was pure might vs might with no advantageous position to either, Abomination had the upper hand most of the time until his foot got stuck lol.

The problems with that logic are:

A) Abomination had the upper hand during the fight because he was more skilled as a fighter and killer, as he was a special forces soldier and retained a human level of intelligence- unlike Hulk.

Even if he was physically stronger than baseline Hulk, which isn't conclusively shown in the film
Hulk becomes stronger as he becomes angrier. Although the films and comics are separate continuities, it is worth noting that this is how the Hulk routinely beats the Abomination in the comics. This is somewhat persuasive but not determinative.

B) You are comparing Abomination to Professor Hulk, this is what you said:

So you are not using the 2008 version, because Professor Hulk is the 2023 version of Hulk.

Your assumption that Hulk has not improved in power since 2008 is highly questionable, based on evidence we have seen on the screen.

I have listed the impressive feats of 2012, 2015 and 2017 ( and I neglected to mention beating up Thor in 2017) Hulk in a prior post in this thread.

Nothing the Abomination does in the 2008 film are remotely close to any of them.

Nothing 2008 Hulk does in that film come close to his later feats either, so it appears as though Hulk himself becomes more powerful.

So, in closing , to suggest that Abomination is more powerful than Professor Hulk is to ignore evidence from the previous films, and to suggest that Hulk's power has decreased enormously. There is no evidence to support this.

Don't worry, in today's world evidence, facts are becoming outdated concepts.

@Batmannerism

I've seen all the movies like you have. All I got from them is that Hulk has fought other powerful opponents while Norton Hulk has only fought 1. Nothing suggest 2008 Abomination or Hulk couldn't have done the same things.

I think Hulk hasn't improved physically because there is nothing that clearly suggest it. Like we see Iron Man create more powerful armors and Thor gain a more powerful weapon so we have to move them up a bit because of that. But I can't say the same for the Hulk based on just being in more fights.

I have no problem accepting that Hulk has become a better fighter, except it's not the same guy anymore since Banner is in charge now. But to say for sure that he's much stronger and more durable for sure? I don't think there is anyway to clearly prove that unless we see the rematch in the She-Hulk series.

But then again Hulk might be handicapped with the busted arm from snapping. Hopefully that's not permanent despite the Russo's saying so.

@Batmannerism

I've seen all the movies like you have. All I got from them is that Hulk has fought other powerful opponents while Norton Hulk has only fought 1. Nothing suggest 2008 Abomination or Hulk couldn't have done the same things.

I think Hulk hasn't improved physically because there is nothing that clearly suggest it. Like we see Iron Man create more powerful armors and Thor gain a more powerful weapon so we have to move them up a bit because of that. But I can't say the same for the Hulk based on just being in more fights.

I have no problem accepting that Hulk has become a better fighter, except it's not the same guy anymore since Banner is in charge now. But to say for sure that he's much stronger and more durable for sure? I don't think there is anyway to clearly prove that unless we see the rematch in the She-Hulk series.

But then again Hulk might be handicapped with the busted arm from snapping. Hopefully that's not permanent despite the Russo's saying so.

Nope, nothing to see here......

Bruce-Banner-turns-into-Hulk-in-Avengers.gif

6277660-5824522040-giphy.gif

Wong. Given up on trying to present evidence based arguments so I flipped a coin.
It's better to be a little laid back about this stuff. ;)

Abobo punched a magician in the new Shang Chi trailer, so it's possible he could win against Wong.

ABOMINATION

The above is an example of reasoning using comparison and analogy based on evidence that is seen onscreen.

Hulk vs Bleeding Edge = no screen evidence.

Tony vs Thanos > Hulk v Thanos

Or at least Tony lasted longer before being utterly defeated. Although Thanos v Hulk was only hand to hand and Tony vs Thanos was a bit of hand to hand and 4 Infinity stones.

More on Thanos later.

Tony vs Cull = ? We never get to see it play out for long but somehow Cull seems to put Tony on the back foot. Neither sustain significant damage.

Cull vs Hulkbuster = Hulkbuster > Cull. Despite Cull ripping off Hulkbuster's arm and looking more competent in hand to hand Hulkbuster ultimately wins although sustains significant damage. No replacement parts or additional weaponry available during the fight.

Hulkbuster vs Hulk 2015 = Hulkbuster wins, although replacement parts and weaponry were available during the fight.

So Hulkbuster > Hulk 2015

Hulk 2008 vs Hulk 2012 and Hulk 2015, and Hulk 2017 and Hulk 2018.

Assuming Hulk becomes more experienced and powerful as time goes on ....with Hulk 2012's feat vs the giant Chitauri flying creature being very impressive, and Hulk 2017 staggering Surtur, briefly. Then at least Hulk 2012 and definitely Huln 2017 > Hulk 2008

Hulk 2008 vs Abomination. Hulk wins.

Soooooo we can say that Hulk 2012 > Abomination, and assuming Hulk 2015 is > Hulk 2012 then Hulkbuster is also > Abomination.

Of course is Hulkbuster = > < Bleeding Edge Armour ? We can say it's more advanced.

Well Thanos no stones > Hulk 2018 ( and assuming Hulk 2018 at least = Hulk 2017)

Thanos with 4 stones > Bleeding Edge armour.

In Endgame Thanos with a sword > Bleeding Edge armour.

Ultimately Thanos doesn't help our comparisons that much so let's forget about him.

Assuming Bleeding Edge > Hulkbuster then
Bleeding Edge > Hulk 2015 > Hulk 2008 > Abomination.

The points of comparison and analogy are imperfect, so really it's all just opinions anyway.

So Bleeding Edge armour wins.

Utter confusion > @Batmannerism

Wong (kind of) beat Cull Obsidian in Infinity War, who to me seemed a bit more powerful than Abomination if not on the same power level, so I'd go with Wong. Just because of magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"