MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

LOKI, definitely.

Frost Giants can probably accommodate in lower temperatures than what Pluto used to have in its days as a planet. Loki belongs to that species and he got a physique that can fight against Asgardians and endure Hulk attacks, add the kind of magic used for these stories and he's a fatal combination that can easily make Colossus metallic exoskeleton brittle and easy to break.

There's no reason to believe Colossus is anywhere near as strong or durable as an Asgardian (which Loki clearly is). And that's without even mentioning the hundreds or thousands of things Loki could do using magic.

Piotr has no chance here.

There's a bunch of sarcasm coming because frankly I really wonder if people actually watch the movies or just make **** up, in which case there's not much point discussing anything.

I don't care if people refer to the comics for comparison, but if a character doesn't display an ability onscreen, well....

LOKI, definitely.

Frost Giants can probably accommodate in lower temperatures than what Pluto used to have in its days as a planet. Loki belongs to that species and he got a physique that can fight against Asgardians and endure Hulk attacks, add the kind of magic used for these stories and he's a fatal combination that can easily make Colossus metallic exoskeleton brittle and easy to break.

Yeah, remember when he used his magic to take down a much larger and stronger opponent....and froze metal with his hands ?

Nah, me neither because it never happened in any of his appearances. I'll refer to how he's used
Magic to take down bigger opponents a bit later on but, spoiler alert, he hasn't.

And that time he froze metal with his hands right ?

Yeah didn't happen either, probably would have come in real handy when he was in chains in asgard, or on earth at the end of avengers.

All he did against the Hulk was get smashed and lie there groaning. Not really much of fight there. Don't see how that's going to allow him to beat Colossus, unless Colossus feels sorry for him.

He does fight Thor in melee combat, with weapons, and later Thor admits to holding back.

So, where are you getting your ideas from that Loki can create metal shattering cold ? Since he's never done it onscreen.

There's no reason to believe Colossus is anywhere near as strong or durable as an Asgardian (which Loki clearly is). And that's without even mentioning the hundreds or thousands of things Loki could do using magic.

We see Colossus fight Juggernaut and Angel Dust, hand to hand and take a pretty heavy pounding, but he can still handle a punch from either of them, and get hit with a bus. It also shows us that he also has some hand to hand skills, and will fight dirty!

And Loki's an asgardian right, clearly.....oh wait, remember how he was revealed to be a frost giant in Thor 2011 and then he actually says, to Thanos, " I'm not Asgardian. " News flash, he's a Frost giant, just a really small one.

And as for the hundreds and thousands of things he could do with magic...... like what ?

What have we actually seen him to do beat bigger opponents, or any opponents, with his magic ?

Bet that magic would have come in handy when he was stuck on Sakaar....oh wait, all he uses are his illusions.

Well what about when he used magic against Thanos in Infinity War - oh wait, just illusions and daggers, and he ended up dead.

Or when he used his magic against Kurse, oh wait, nope just illusions again, and he nearly ended up dead then too.

Or when he used his magic against Thor in Avengers, nope just his scepter and daggers and he got press slammed.

Or when he used his magic against Dr Strange...
nope, again just the daggers.

What about Hela ? Nope again with the daggers, yeah, didn't go so well for him.

So gosh, it looks like he's the only magic we've seen him use are his illusions and daggers and that's it.

Maybe Loki can shank Colossus with a magic dagger and kill him, but please let's not just make **** up about what he can and can't do. If he doesn't display an ability onscreen then it's pretty questionable to make arguments around it.

Anyway, I just finished watching the Loki show and he was a joke and a complete punk ***** for most of it - if Colossus is willing to shove a live electric cable up Juggernaut's bum, he's probably capable of curb stomping Loki's midget Frost giant ass.

I'll say Loki 6/10 with a sneak shank attack and the other 4/10 times getting grabbed by Colossus and pile driven into the ground or punched in the balls !

I apologize for the sarcasm.

Last edited:
This is a bit of a difficult one. On the one hand, Colossus is stronger than Loki and has a big reach advantage. On the other, Loki is (despite his scrawny physique) much more durable (I don't think Colossus could survive a beat-down from Hulk) and also has weapons (daggers and sceptre) capable of one-shotting Piotr.

I think I'll give Loki a small edge, just because I can't see Piotr being able to put him down with blunt force alone whereas I think Loki will be able to land hits with his weapons win eventually.

So Loki wins, especially if he has either Gungnir or his Avengers sceptre.

All he did against the Hulk was get smashed and lie there groaning. Not really much of fight there. Don't see how that's going to allow him to beat Colossus, unless Colossus feels sorry for him.

What's impessive about the Hulk showing is that Loki survived being bludgeoned by a being vastly stronger than Colossus, and in fact didn't even suffer any serious injuries. He was just winded for a while until the Avengers swung by to arrest him.

If Hulk couldn't kill or even KO Loki with blunt force, I fail to see how Piotr will either. That is unless you want to argue that Colossus is stronger than Hulk, which I don't think is a tenable position at all.

He does fight Thor in melee combat, with weapons, and later Thor admits to holding back.

Even allowing for Thor holding back, the fact that he was able to parry his blows is testament to him being much stronger than you're giving him credit for. Don't forget that he was casually rag-dolling Cap, who is incredibly strong himself.

And Loki's an asgardian right, clearly.....oh wait, remember how he was revealed to be a frost giant in Thor 2011 and then he actually says, to Thanos, " I'm not Asgardian. " News flash, he's a Frost giant, just a really small one.

Well, Frost Giants are still super-human beings, who are at least equal to Asgardians physically, since they waged a full-scale war against them 1,000 years ago. And despite being smaller than most of his brethren, Loki still had no trouble killing regular Jotuns in the first Thor movie.

While I don't think Loki stomps here, I do think he often gets lowballed by people just because of comedic scenes that make him look weak like the "Puny God" scene and getting beaten up by Valkyrie.

Loki vs Colossus:

Loki takes this. I like Colossus, Colossus is great. Colossus isn't half the brick that Thor is, and Loki does consistently pretty well against Thor. And also has a far larger bag of tricks. Colossus shouldn't even really be able to *see* Loki unless Loki wants it, and even if he does hit Loki? Loki should be able to get back up and brush himself off well enough.

So, where are you getting your ideas from that Loki can create metal shattering cold ? Since he's never done it onscreen.

You're right, he's not allowed to go wild onscreen, and it's fair to asses his chances of victory based solely on what was shown.

I think of his capabilities and potential and run wild with them, he's not allowed to reach his true potential cause arcs need to end. Using daggers, illusions, and ice can be used for a lot of party tricks that weren't used.

Last edited:
There's a bunch of sarcasm coming because frankly I really wonder if people actually watch the movies or just make **** up, in which case there's not much point discussing anything.

I don't care if people refer to the comics for comparison, but if a character doesn't display an ability onscreen, well....

Yeah, remember when he used his magic to take down a much larger and stronger opponent....and froze metal with his hands ?

Nah, me neither because it never happened in any of his appearances. I'll refer to how he's used
Magic to take down bigger opponents a bit later on but, spoiler alert, he hasn't.

Yeah didn't happen either, probably would have come in real handy when he was in chains in asgard, or on earth at the end of avengers.

We see Colossus fight Juggernaut and Angel Dust, hand to hand and take a pretty heavy pounding, but he can still handle a punch from either of them, and get hit with a bus. It also shows us that he also has some hand to hand skills, and will fight dirty!

And as for the hundreds and thousands of things he could do with magic...... like what ?

What have we actually seen him to do beat bigger opponents, or any opponents, with his magic ?

Bet that magic would have come in handy when he was stuck on Sakaar....oh wait, all he uses are his illusions.

Well what about when he used magic against Thanos in Infinity War - oh wait, just illusions and daggers, and he ended up dead.

Or when he used his magic against Kurse, oh wait, nope just illusions again, and he nearly ended up dead then too.

Or when he used his magic against Thor in Avengers, nope just his scepter and daggers and he got press slammed.

So gosh, it looks like he's the only magic we've seen him use are his illusions and daggers and that's it.

Maybe Loki can shank Colossus with a magic dagger and kill him, but please let's not just make **** up about what he can and can't do. If he doesn't display an ability onscreen then it's pretty questionable to make arguments around it.

Anyway, I just finished watching the Loki show and he was a joke and a complete punk ***** for most of it - if Colossus is willing to shove a live electric cable up Juggernaut's bum, he's probably capable of curb stomping Loki's midget Frost giant ass.

I'll say Loki 6/10 with a sneak shank attack and the other 4/10 times getting grabbed by Colossus and pile driven into the ground or punched in the balls !

I never said he *was* an Asgardian. I said he was *as strong and durable* as an Asgardian, because he clearly is. I also didn't make up a single claim about magic, I merely noted that he is a gifted magical practitioner which gives him to access to all sorts of possible tactics whereas Colossus has zero options other than brute strength. But really, the magic doesn't even matter. Piotr isn't strong enough to take out someone who even the Hulk couldn't knock unconscious. Piotr is outclassed plain and simple.

I never said he *was* an Asgardian. I said he was *as strong and durable* as an Asgardian, because he clearly is. I also didn't make up a single claim about magic, I merely noted that he is a gifted magical practitioner which gives him to access to all sorts of possible tactics whereas Colossus has zero options other than brute strength. But really, the magic doesn't even matter. Piotr isn't strong enough to take out someone who even the Hulk couldn't knock unconscious. Piotr is outclassed plain and simple.

You're right, you didn't actually say he was an Asgardian, I apologize.

You literally said " ...hundreds or thousands of things Loki could do using magic."

If that isnt making a claim about Loki's magic I'm not sure what is.

What I did was point out that Loki only ever does 1 or 2 things with magic, over and over again, which the films show us over and over again.

giphy.gif

But seriously, I agree with you. Colossus is being cut really short here.

You're right, he's not allowed to go wild onscreen, and it's fair to asses his chances of victory based solely on what was shown.

I think of his capabilities and potential and run wild with them, he's not allowed to reach his true potential cause arcs need to end. Using daggers, illusions, and ice can be used for a lot of party tricks that weren't used.
That's what I never understood about Loki. He could have EASILY beat Cap but he didn't. He always has a scheme planned out. I would have actually like to see Loki go all out but I don't think he ever has ONE TIME on film. We don't know how he would really fair against Thanos with all his tricks or even IronMan which is something I REALLY wanted to see. It's a missed opportunity.

That's what I never understood about Loki. He could have EASILY beat Cap but he didn't. He always has a scheme planned out. I would have actually like to see Loki go all out but I don't think he ever has ONE TIME on film. We don't know how he would really fair against Thanos with all his tricks or even IronMan which is something I REALLY wanted to see. It's a missed opportunity.

That's sorta my point. His strength is in his wiles. He always has a plan within a plan. Colossus would be Fing F'ed. No one is going to confuse him with Brainiac, but I'd definitely like to have a (few) beers with him.

"We would like to stay for after hours. Does anyone have a problem with that?"

That's sorta my point. His strength is in his wiles. He always has a plan within a plan. Colossus would be Fing F'ed. No one is going to confuse him with Brainiac, but I'd definitely like to have a (few) beers with him.

"We would like to stay for after hours. Does anyone have a problem with that?"
Whoa! You would trust that dude drunk!?! If he got to buzzed, he may just take it........
28291e30c6a1ca10c862362fd339c90a.gif

Also...
giphy.gif

Speaking of which..................
Azu9.gif

So he's metal and hard all over except that ONE spot................really?! You would think that would be his hardest part...............no pun intended.

Azu9.gif

So he's metal and hard all over except that ONE spot................really?! You would think that would be his hardest part...............no pun intended.

Loki definitely wins......

Azu9.gif

That's not really relevant. Its not like he's being punched there by an ordinary human, he's being punched by a brick in his own weight class. All it requires is assuming that his genitals are as relatively sensitive to pain as in a normal human.

And, Dr Strange vs Thanos:

Hmm. I think that on average, Dr Strange will take this one. He did quite well against a Thanos who *did* have several Infinity Stones, and while Endgame demonstrates that a Thanos who doesn't believe he's invincible and inevitable has an extreme edge of will and skill against even tough odds? Strange has at least one move that can just plain end the fight ( dumping Thanos in the Mirror Dimension ). He can be a relatively invincible warrior brick, who is stuck in another dimension until someone lets him out.

Call it 6/10, maybe 7/10 for Strange. I'm not willing to give Strange anything more than that, however. Thanos is fast, clever, and has an extremely powerful weapon with ranged attack options. All it would take is one miscalculation for Strange to die instantly, and Thanos is going to be actively looking to set up just such a miscalculation.

Going by how fast Dr. Strange is in Thor Ragnarok in opening portals, I'll write it as Stephen opens a portal pushing the word to the head of Thanos to end the battle, and another that stops the sword in the ground. And I will ignore the "we don't kill" rule cause film version did not establish that.

DR. STRANGE

Oh boy, that Loki vs Colossus match-up.

community-troy-fire-gif.gif

Anyways, the sorcerer supreme has this one won. Thanos doesn't have the benefit of the infinity stones to ward off his magical attacks.

That's not really relevant. Its not like he's being punched there by an ordinary human, he's being punched by a brick in his own weight class. All it requires is assuming that his genitals are as relatively sensitive to pain as in a normal human.
I don't know.............something tells me that balls govered in steel are a lot harder to crack than those in underroos. Even the way his junk swung after that blow doesn't seem possible. Not that I was looking but the way it moves it doesn't seem to be metal. I'd hate to be his cellmate if he ever got locked up.............
84xw.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"