MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

200.gif

Valkyrie could not handle Cull by herself. You are seriously underestimating Cull. Not to mention Proxima and Ebony Maw. Did you forget that Thanos destroyed half the Asgardians by themselves alone?

picgifs-angry-29.gif
But Valkyrie is not just an ordinary asgardian, she's a warrior. She took Loki out.

I immediately wanted to say A-Force wins easily and then realised you had Thanos in there. But I still say A-Force just for CM, Scarlett witch, Valkyrie and Gamora. CM and SW almost took Thanos out on their own, and I still believe that both women would win in a one on one fight with thanos.
You are seriously underestimating the Maw. He didn't break a sweat at all at any point in any Avengers movie, no matter who he went up against.

Maw was very impressive. He is a great backup to Thanos. CM vs Thanos and SW vs Maw I could see as natural matchups while the battle rages between who’s left.

On a side note, you guys are seriously underestimating the Black Order. Maw and Cull Obsidian had their way with Iron Man, Spiderman and freaking Dr. Strange. They literally didn't break a sweat. Proxima Midnight has been fighting 3-4 people at once but people seem to take that lightly. They are not pushovers.

Wasp’s powers could be used effectively but she doesn’t have the combat experience that Midnight does. Midnight would adapt if need be and win.

You are seriously underestimating the Maw. He didn't break a sweat at all at any point in any Avengers movie, no matter who he went up against.

Ummm....I guess that includes when he froze solid when Iron Man and Spidey blasted him out of the ship. No sweat there, just icy death.

A force with a HIGHLY DEBATABLE win. Next up:

Proxima Midnight
tenor.gif

vs The Wasp

ant-man-and-the-wasp.gif

Who you got peeps?

Wasp wins. If anything Proxima Midnight doesn't appear very adaptable. She's tough against Black Widow and Okoye, who have no superpowers, but against the wasp who has a variety of tricks up her sleeve, she loses.

Wasp wins. If anything Proxima Midnight doesn't appear very adaptable. She's tough against Black Widow and Okoye, who have no superpowers, but against the wasp who has a variety of tricks up her sleeve, she loses.
Cap and Batman don’t have superpowers either but they have so much experience of varied enemies that they adapt quickly. This is also why I think Ant Man is more of a threat than Wasp. Even then for eg Widow managed to adapt and time her flick against Ant Man in the CW battle to send him crashing into something (am I remembering that right?). 1 hit from Midnight and it’s game over for big or small Wasp and while Wasp has the jump on her, she still has to strategise how to get the eventual win without getting hit at all (even by accident).

Cap and Batman don’t have superpowers either but they have so much experience of varied enemies that they adapt quickly. This is also why I think Ant Man is more of a threat than Wasp. Even then for eg Widow managed to adapt and time her flick against Ant Man in the CW battle to send him crashing into something (am I remembering that right?). 1 hit from Midnight and it’s game over for big or small Wasp and while Wasp has the jump on her, she still has to strategise how to get the eventual win without getting hit at all (even by accident).

I struggle to understand where people's estimation of Proxima comes from. What impressive feats does Proxima have ? Clearly she's strong, but other than momentarily overpowering Black Widow, she hasn't really done anything impressive - I dont think she's strong enough to take out a giant wasp, she hasn't shown any strength feats that suggest this.

Given the array of weapons Wasp has ( blasters, the ability to grow/ shrink herself and other objects , plus her own fighting skills ) I honestly can't see her losing this one.

As for strategy or adaptabiiity well I can't see that either, based on her appearances in the films - Black Widow is a very different story.

Honestly I'm not impressed with the both of them, but I think Proxima midnight has an egde for being an alien and possibly stronger.

Ummm....I guess that includes when he froze solid when Iron Man and Spidey blasted him out of the ship. No sweat there, just icy death.
And you know why that happened? Because the writers couldn't think of a way where Ironman and Spiderman could beat him.

I struggle to understand where people's estimation of Proxima comes from. What impressive feats does Proxima have ? Clearly she's strong, but other than momentarily overpowering Black Widow, she hasn't really done anything impressive - I dont think she's strong enough to take out a giant wasp, she hasn't shown any strength feats that suggest this.

Given the array of weapons Wasp has ( blasters, the ability to grow/ shrink herself and other objects , plus her own fighting skills ) I honestly can't see her losing this one.

As for strategy or adaptabiiity well I can't see that either, based on her appearances in the films - Black Widow is a very different story.
When has Wasp ever grown herself big? Even in the comics she hasn't shown that ability often. I actually don't recall her ever doing it.

I think you might be slightly lowballing her fight against Widow and Okoye. These are two of if not the top two most capable female fighters on Earth and she disposes of them both in a matter of seconds with SW making the save. Wasp is clearly good in her right in terms of combat but I don’t think we’ve really seen much to say she’d fair better than the two of them at once did.

I would agree with you on the going giant if she’d done it in the movie, I just can’t give her that feat as we haven’t seen her display it yet. I might be remembering wrong but in AMATW when Rudd and Fishboures characters are talking about going giant comparing sizes lol, it seemed to be made out that they were the only two who had done it.

22418i8A641621E0BB003D

Wasp

Proxima was simply not that impressive in her film appearances. Wasp may have not that much battle experience but she's be shown to be quite crafty with her shrinking tech and enlarging objects against others. Throw in the aerial advantage and blasters and it's a done deal.

I didn't realise Giant Wasp was under consideration as we haven't seen that on screen. If so it would have changed everything in my post before! :D

Re feats I think many underplay the 2 on 2 Proxima and Corvus (with the advantage of surprise) taking on 2 heavy hitters in Scarlet Witch and Vision before they are reinforced with Cap, Widow and Falcon. That is pretty much a staggered but full Avengers team with Cap as lead. No way they should be winning that. I think some of the confusion arises from all the negativity Proxima received from being beaten by these non superpowered individuals (despite having just come out of a 2vs2 against the big guns), as she was underpowered from what we knew of in the comics.

Ant Man who is far more experienced than Wasp had the edge over Falcon, but would he have been ok with Cap and Widow as well? Would Corvus have been a sufficient ally for him to take on Vision and Scarlet Witch? Would Proxima have been that easy to beat if Glaive's weapon hadn't been available?

Just some thoughts, but Giant Wasp would change all the above. :up:

EGO wins, unless Captain Marvel gets to the core while battling his avatar and manages to evade him and destroy the core.

I'll be that first jerk to say Captain Marvel loses. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"