Homecoming MIA: Gangsters of the Spider-Man world

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
Hammerhead, Tombstone, The Rose, Silvermane, and more... Well, we know Kingpin is basically linked to the Daredevil Netflix show and so far that's it.

You simply haven't had them portrayed in any of the films yet. This has yet to happen and it's an area that is untapped as far as dramatic potential.

I would personally love to see a Tombstone storyline similar to that of 'the Big Man' from SSM.

If there wasn't this whole business of not referencing the Netflix shows in the movies, I would have loved to see a storyline where, in the wake of Kingpin's incarceration, there is a vacuum at the top of the New York criminal empire with the likes of Tombstone, Hammerhead etc at loggerheads with one another. They could also possibly finance some other Spidey rogues with the intention of eliminating the competition. it would give alot of his rogues a different motivating factor from what we've seen onscreen for Spider-Man (henchmen/pawns in a bigger scheme rather than misunderstood/sympathetic rogues). It would also provide an alternative origin source for these villains to OsCorp

I would personally love to see a Tombstone storyline similar to that of 'the Big Man' from SSM.

If there wasn't this whole business of not referencing the Netflix shows in the movies, I would have loved to see a storyline where, in the wake of Kingpin's incarceration, there is a vacuum at the top of the New York criminal empire with the likes of Tombstone, Hammerhead etc at loggerheads with one another. They could also possibly finance some other Spidey rogues with the intention of eliminating the competition. it would give alot of his rogues a different motivating factor from what we've seen onscreen for Spider-Man (henchmen/pawns in a bigger scheme rather than misunderstood/sympathetic rogues). It would also provide an alternative origin source for these villains to OsCorp
:up:

The main problem with this is that flashy battles sell and require less baggage/continuity. I'd love to see the gangland element worked in, and it's definitely possible. I just understand why it's not really the focus of any MCU movies and likely won't be the focus of Spider-Man films for the foreseeable future.

The main problem with this is that flashy battles sell and require less baggage/continuity. I'd love to see the gangland element worked in, and it's definitely possible. I just understand why it's not really the focus of any MCU movies and likely won't be the focus of Spider-Man films for the foreseeable future.
I think that can be attributed to the scale & scope that the Avengers operate on. Spider-Man is ground-level, he should be able to have run-ins with gangs & etc. With Montana confirmed & Glover & Mando likely playing Dan & Ox, I think it's safe to say they're going to, at the very least, explore this element of the comics

I guess we'll see whether any of the Marvel mobsters are involved in the Far From Home movie. My guess is probably not, but we'll see.

They work 'better' for the TV series IMV, a cinema audience want super-powers v super-powers for a family viewing audience, crime lords and mafia-based stories that take a while to construct are harder to develop and place into a 2-2.5hr film. Having said that, I'd love to see Hammerhead done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"