• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Michael B. Jordan to Play Tom Clancy Character 'John Clark' in New Film Series

Double Toasted thought this movie was Without Personality, and gave it a very low rental, but wondered why they shouldn't give it a "some old bull****" rating.

Probably watching this and Mitchells vs. the machines this weekend, I need some turn off your brain movies.

True, at least the action was decent, but still nothing extraordinary, and if you don't care at all about the plot and characters it feels a bit contrived in a film like this. Pacing was off and dialogue was garbage. Everything was completely predictable and spiritless. I had high hopes because of the creative team behind it, but it was really disappointing for me. It's not the worst movie ever but it's still pretty bad.

It's a solid enough actioner with a couple of good set-pieces but it's really undercooked, like I knew the story would be fairly straight forward as this is such well worn territory but the dialogue doesn't sound like Taylor Sheridan's stuff and is very clipped with characters seeminly reading each others minds with their replies. Was part of this filmed after the pandemic set in? As it starts quite slick and the second half feels like it was shot on a sound stage.

I wonder if the mid-credits scene was filmed after it was sold to Amazon.

That’s good to hear and I loved Extraction.

I have to say I thought this was well below Extraction, neither are masterpieces in character work or story but this is a lot more hollow than Extraction and Extraction's action is miles better.

I'd put this below Extraction aswell, especially when it comes to the action sequences which were definitely better executed than anything I saw in this, but overall I thought it was pretty decent.

If you want to see MBJ be a badass and plenty of mindless action that's exactly what your going to get, but it is fairly predictable/generic and honestly it all ends up feeling like nothing more than set up for a future sequels or an Amazon Prime series which I would actually watch if it happens.

Jodi Turner-Smith wasn't very good to me though and felt completelt miscast for the role. I remember liking her in Queen & Slim, but not so much here, although it could have been because of the weak script.

It was cool seeing Jamie Bell and Guy Pearce in this too even though I do think more could have done with their characters atleast in terms of character development.

This was a really boring movie. I fell asleep during it and didn’t finish it. Will try to finish later today.

So unless this does stellar numbers for Amazon, what are the chances of them continuing with Rainbow Six as was the original plan when this was set as a theatrical release.

This was dope. Generic but dope.

Yeesh, i was on Prime contemplating pressing play and i was reading the user reviews and there are so many one star horrible reviews. Is it that bad?

I would say definitely give it a chance if you have the time, but its not a must see either. I liked it, but its very forgettable, although you could still do alot worse like MK 2021.

Had a better time with this than Sicario 2 at least. It was an easy to follow revenge thriller and Jordan carries it easily. The direction is nothing too exciting outside of the set pieces.

A lot of whiners out there about it not being identical to the book, and opposition to black and female character leads. Clancy has a hardcore rightwing fan base which doesn't help.

The movie sucked. It seemed like it was waiting for a Part 2 to wrap everything up but then decided to wrap things up in the last 10 mins in such a ridiculous way.
I wanna see more of MBJ in films like Just Mercy than in action flicks like Without Remorse. Show more of your range.

Glad he's doing the next Denzel directorial so that's a big plus!

Im about an hour into this and i dont think this is so bad at all. Its a competent action/revenge flick. But! MBJ seems miscast in this role. Hes doing his best with the material but I dont know man, i cant put my finger on it, but this role doesnt seem to fit him. When he’s spouting all that hardboiled action movie dialogue, it seems awkward coming from him. I dont think this kind of action movie suits him if that makes sense:

I would say definitely give it a chance if you have the time, but its not a must see either. I liked it, but its very forgettable, although you could still do alot worse like MK 2021.

I’d take MK 2021 over this. At least I had fun watching that movie.

I wonder if there's any plans to try to cross this over with Jack Ryan at some point.

This really wasnt that bad at all, theres some well shot and tense action sequences in this. But, again, something just felt off about this movie, and i think part of it was MBJ, this role didnt seem to fit him IMO.

Watched this last night. Overall I liked it but had some thoughts...

• MBJ did well here. I was a little iffy on his performance at first but from the prison scene forward, he was a total badass.
  • Guy Pearce was exactly what we all thought he would be, lol.
  • Jodie Turner-Smith was... I don’t know, too robotic? I get that she was playing a hardened soldier but she just seemed kinda hollow.
  • Coleman Domingo, Jack Kesy and Cam Gigandet had really questionable roles here. Maybe some scenes got cut but I wonder why they took these parts. Maybe they all just needed the cash.
  • Maybe I missed something, but did Kelly straight up murder a bunch of cops and soldiers at the end? I know they were Russians but I don’t think they were part of the conspiracy. For a guy trying to keep things from escalating into an international incident, I don’t think that was the right approach even if he’s “just a felon” at that point. I also find it a little hard to root for him if he’s killing innocent people.
  • Was Kelly’s daughter going to be named Rainbow? I’m guessing that’s what he meant by the name being personal but I don’t recall them ever saying what they were naming the kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"