Dark of the Moon Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

I'm still waiting for the first GREAT live-action giant robot movie.
Perhaps someday there will be an adaptation of Robotech/Macross, or Gundam, or even a lesser-known series like VOTOMS or Mospeada.
But as far as I'm concerned, the giant robot SF genre has not yet reached its potential.

Well Shia and Bay said they won't be back for TF4.

Can we get a reboot sub-forum yet?

Perhaps someday there will be an adaptation of Robotech/Macross, or Gundam, or even a lesser-known series like VOTOMS or Mospeada.
But as far as I'm concerned, the giant robot SF genre has not yet reached its potential.

I want Evangelion...

oh to see unit one go berzerker it would be EPIC, plus the story has everthing.

of if they went all out fantasy give me the Vision of Escaflowne

Voltron is the wild card but I have doubts

I am waiting for a decent live action Japanese ANime brought to life

Speed race failed, DB Z failed Avatar Failed

I just am not sure about a live action Akira.....does that story really lend itself to a modern day live action without Heavy duty retooling????

give us a Hard R rated Ninja Scroll. or PG 13 Spriggan or a even a PG 13 Princess Monanoke.

Just saw the movie at the 9pm 3d showing....kind of wish I got a refund...it was disappointing =/ I had such high hopes and they got smashed and stepped on.

Real Steel?

ha ha u know what, that make actually put TFs to shame...i can see it now a poster comparing "real steel" to TFs..and see the excuses being made, or the poster being told he's a hater, or he doesnt know how to view anything Bay creates...:doh:

I want Evangelion...

I just am not sure about a live action Akira.....does that story really lend itself to a modern day live action without Heavy duty retooling????

give us a Hard R rated Ninja Scroll. or PG 13 Spriggan or a even a PG 13 Princess Monanoke.
Avatar failed because of M. Night Shyamalan, and Dragonball failed because they changed way too much and made the movie dumb.

Bays movies are a success in the box office but lack any real depth

I am afraid Voltron will simply follow suit

Evangelion has true depth, more so then any other animated series out there with giant robots .... sorry Gundam fans sorry robotech fans Evangelion takes it...

why because of the deep heavy psychoanalysis of what it is like to be 13 years old, changes that take place physically as well as changes in terms of self perception along with the perception of adult peers

face it Eva the tale of Shinji and his Father DRIVES the storyline the robots and multiple sub plots of world domination and Alien invasion give the story it's action.

But there is more drama in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlobzMvkm4w&feature=related

then any of Bays battles or anything we have seen in live action...esspecially if you know what led up to it

English dub is OK...but if you want to feel it watch it in japanease

I want Evangelion...

Avatar is Canadian/American! Credit where credit is due!
Honestly I wish Pixar or someone would lead the charge for more mature, adult oriented animation.

Just got back from seeing it. The 3D was good. I didnt really care to pay the extra money but was given little choice as the theatre only had 3 regular showings and the rest was all 3D.

Anyway, I wasnt blown away. It was as average as the previous 2 I thought. Too many humans, not enough robots. Too quick of robot action/fights. No defintive ending. Definitely lots of room for sequels. I did like that they took the plot from the G1 cartoon series. I stayed spoiler free so a couple of the revelations shocked me. I was entertained though and I guess thats what matters in the end. The movie didnt change the world, my hopes and dreams werent smashed, and I wont loose sleep over anything.

Id say a 7 out of 10 for me.

I think Prime begging is what really set me off (that was the last straw). I want Bay's head.

I'm almost wondering how these movies would have been if Spielberg decided to take on directing them instead of Bay.

Maclcovich character was pointless.

Prime's trailer transformed once and you did NOT see when it transformerd into his jet pack.

Weak story telling. NOT even Sector 7 knew about the true story of Apollo landing while they have access and first to know about Giant Robots from the beginning.

Megatron bacame a weak ass b***

More humans killed Decepticons than Autobots killed Decepticons.

Shockwave was JUST THERE.

Someone with Sam's stature NOT getting a job was a weak part and unbelievable.

The whole public opinion about Giant Robots living amomg them was not explored.

What ever happened to Carly on this movie probably would have worked better on Megan Fox's character.

I know it's all about the humans and the robots are just backgrounds....BUT DAM!! At least give the other robots a little bit of development so when they die, the audience will care.

Starscream's fate !!! C'mon!!!

No name Decepticons popping out of the Space Bridge. If they were given names and personalities then I would actually care. But they are just drones.

There are so many things wrong with this movie and ROTF.

Just got back from seeing it. The 3D was good. I didnt really care to pay the extra money but was given little choice as the theatre only had 3 regular showings and the rest was all 3D.

Funny thing happend to me. I went to a matinee 2D showing. When the coming attraction were over, the promt to put on your 3D glasses appeared. Everybody in the theater were like WTF? In a panic, the manager paused the movie and passed out 3D glass. So I got to see Transformers in 3D for $5.

I think Prime begging is what really set me off (that was the last straw). I want Bay's head.

I don't remember him begging. What did he say exactly?

I prefer the Decepticon army being drones. Just like any war film, you're going to have a main core of characters to focus on and then have Soldier #29, Samurai #14, Nazi # 22, Indian # 19, Ninja # 31 etc.

Megatron, StarScream, Sound, Shock.. they deserved more development.. but the rest of the Decepticons didn't even deserve names.

I got ticked off how some of the decepticons were just there, like shockwave has a great intro into the movie and then you dont hear from him again til the end and even then hes a non factor. The ending if you want to call it that just happened like "ok suckers we got your money, dont ask us what about the 200 other decepticons still out there."

I still think the island is bay's best film to date, every character had development and a purpose to the story and had impact til the very end, transformers for some reason just seems like way too many cooks in the kitchen trying to make mac and cheese.

Last edited:
A one armed Optimus said "please don't" whilst edging away.

probably in a final attempt to appeal to his old mentor's good side.
I don't see him pleading to say megatron.

He was asking Sentinel to not go through with his plans. Optimus wasn't begging for his life, he was begging Sentinel to reconsider everything and to side with him. If Optimus was begging for his life he would have said he would join Sentinel.

Also, it would have been out of character for Optimus to say KILL ME full well knowing that his death means the enslavement of the human race and the death of his autobot brethren. So what is more out of character?

It never will, no matter what (in your case). Let your dream die and move on. I'm sorry but I get the feeling that you expect wayyyyyyyy too much, if you expect your movies to be perfect all of the time then it sucks to be you in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"