• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Missing Elements/Themes in the Movie...

see... this is what we mean by crappy story telling... in one instance the scene is set up as if its their 1st mission.. moments later... Logans tired of "doing this" implying that they've been a team for quite sum time.. smh.. idk but if you re-watch those scenes their just not in synch with eachother like they wanted to do it all in one shot and it doesnt work very well imo.. just like everyone else thinks they should have shown or even talked about previous missions they worked on together to get a sense of comradory and maybe sum regret for sum of the things theyve done but meh! its just a bunch of scenes sewn together for our viewing pleasure...

Yea there should of been at least another Team X mission where Logan can really cut lose. The mission we saw it seemed Wade was the no.1 killer. Logan was just mooching about. But I understand that because it shows he is completely jaded and doesn't wanna do it anymore by that point, but there should of been a mission shown before that.

Yes, it could just be a montage...

how about when he gives that lame delivery of "im there best there is at what i do, but what i do isnt very nice" jus came off so corny.. no conviction behind it..

Yes, the line didn't fit the movie portrayal very well at all. It was a classic comic book line thrown in fairly unconvincingly.

Another part of the movie that felt too brief was the opening sequence with young Jimmy and his family. It had no gentle introduction (like a camera panning up a driveway past the lodge to the main house), it was hard to follow, it was over too quickly....my other half had the feeling it had been hacked to shreds in the editing room...(and I agree)...

Another part of the movie that felt too brief was the opening sequence with young Jimmy and his family. It had no gentle introduction (like a camera panning up a driveway past the lodge to the main house), it was hard to follow, it was over too quickly....my other half had the feeling it had been hacked to shreds in the editing room...(and I agree)...

When I first watched the intro I thought how impressive it as they cast a dad who looked exactly like Jackman, only to find out this guy wasn't his actual father. :funny:

When I first watched the intro I thought how impressive it as they cast a dad who looked exactly like Jackman, only to find out this guy wasn't his actual father. :funny:

Well, for what it's worth, it is really easy to look like someone you are not related to.

Back in high school, when I first met my best friend, there was this girl that went to our high school that I was convinced was his sister, because they looked exactly alike. Turned out they weren't related in the least bit.

At least Thomas Logan looked kinda like the rugged Jimmy. At least in terms of how they carried themselves and such.

Yes, the line didn't fit the movie portrayal very well at all. It was a classic comic book line thrown in fairly unconvincingly.

Logan sounded delusional when he said that because from what was shown on-screen there were other members of the team who were far better at their jobs than he was.

Sorry Logan you're not Employee of the Month. :whatever:

Yeah, while I liked the part because it was a nod to Origin, and was quite faithful to it as well, it was over too briefly, there could have been a bit more explanation about the situation, and I would have loved to see 'the old man' or Rose included.

I wondered that, I already knew this guy wasnt his father, yet he was the spit of Hugh Jackman. Thomas looked like both Schrieber and Jackman though.

how many years older is Creed to Logan?

Since both Victor and Logan had a healing factor, and the mutant gene is passed down through males, isn't it safe to assume that the Logan's biological father,the one that he killed at the beginning of XOW, is also a mutant? And isn't it plausible that he really didn't die...?

Well, for what it's worth, it is really easy to look like someone you are not related to.

Back in high school, when I first met my best friend, there was this girl that went to our high school that I was convinced was his sister, because they looked exactly alike. Turned out they weren't related in the least bit.

At least Thomas Logan looked kinda like the rugged Jimmy. At least in terms of how they carried themselves and such.

Yes, but those are accidents. The casting department didn't have to cast a fake father who looked just like Jackman.

Yeah, while I liked the part because it was a nod to Origin, and was quite faithful to it as well, it was over too briefly, there could have been a bit more explanation about the situation, and I would have loved to see 'the old man' or Rose included.

I wondered that, I already knew this guy wasnt his father, yet he was the spit of Hugh Jackman. Thomas looked like both Schrieber and Jackman though.

You're talking about Aaron Jeffrey, most well known in the homegrown 'McLeod's Daughters' a few years back, here.

The real father is Peter O'Brien, also a well known actor. Interesting how you had two recognizable actors in the same scene.

And RachelDawes, that was a happy accident. :mad:

Golgo-13, even if it were true, I get the feeling they won't go down that road in future films.

Since both Victor and Logan had a healing factor, and the mutant gene is passed down through males, isn't it safe to assume that the Logan's biological father,the one that he killed at the beginning of XOW, is also a mutant? And isn't it plausible that he really didn't die...?

Sequel! :yay::woot::oldrazz:

In the comics Cyclops and his brother havok are mutants, but thier father Corsair is a regular human. Sabertooth and mystique had a human child in the comics, Grayden creed. The mutant gene may be passed down through the father, but its dormant in the father most of the time to.

This is my view on the subject...

Because this was the start of a new spin off franchise, with indication of Wolverine 2 & 3. The first movie is always fitted to be in the less than 2 hour movie bracket. However Wolverines origin needed at least 3 hours to tell the story. I forgive the studio for limiting the time because they probably didnt realise the magnatude of the story when considering the time frame it should of been told in. But they are faced with a difficult decission about how long this movie will be on for and as its the first of the movie movies its generally just a set up movie leaving alot of blanks for a sequel.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a Two Act movie, first half how he became Logan second half how he became wolverine... However his origin really should of been a Four Act movie with a more complex plot, Act 1 covering the fall of James Howlett, Act 2 covering the rivalry between Creed and Logan, Act 3 the whole team x, weapon x programe, Act 4 revenge...

It took me four times to enjoy this movie, why because like alot of you we were initially peed off with the story, the unreasonable use of characters to push the story along. I still agree with some comments there were poor choices... i think there was no real need for Cyclops to be in it, i know why they did it was so they had a segway into First Class. Blob is another character that didnt really have a reason to progress it on... a better use of his cameo would of been to have him appear at the circus where bolt was were upon he witnesses bolts murder when wolverine comes visiting he discovers is creed. But that is just my oppinion...

Gambit has a necessary role to link wolverine and stryker back together again. I mean if a man messes with you then disappears the only way your going to find him is by someone who managed to get one up on him. The only character capable of that kind of comical yet stylish happening is Gambit.

Apart from that the movie was fine.

The pacing of each part of the movie was all wrong. It should have went like so:

The first 25 minutes - we get the same opening montage we got, plus about 20 minutes dedicated to his time in the Special team, showing more than one mission and a little more charcter developement between him and his team mates.

15-20 minutes - his time with Kayla and his new life.

20 minutes - Stryker shows up/Creed kills Kalya/Creed beats Logan.

12 minutes - the adamantium Bonding process and Logans escape.

This is only 1 hour 17 minutes up to this point.

The rest of the film; Logan's revenge to the island could play out within a remaining 20 -30 minutes putting the film at about 1 hour, and 48-53 mins, - still under 2 hours. The problem was the beginning with his team and the bonding scene was too rushed. The Blob boxing scene could definitely get axed also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"