Missing Elements/Themes in the Movie...

Yea my only real complaints about the movie are this...

Not enough Team X time. There should of been a scene where they all meet up and some training or whatever. Then a scene where they are on a mission where Logan can really cut loose, kill a load of people. THEN have the final mission. Because to be quite honest, and I'm not being biased here, everyone can surely see it, in that last mission Wade is CLEARLY the man. He is the elite killer. Even more so than Creed. It shouldn't of been like that.

My other complaint is the sheer watered-downess of Logans escape from the experiment.

IMO, I think they should of showed Wolverine as a beast during the war & Team X missions. Then he kills a kid or a mother or something & he gets emotionally f***ed up & starts trying to control the animal within. It'd also be a better explanation for why he leaves.

This would have been much better and actually given the character more development, it could even be an old war buddy he kills on a Team X mission which sets him on the straight and narrow.

Yea my only real complaints about the movie are this...

Not enough Team X time. There should of been a scene where they all meet up and some training or whatever. Then a scene where they are on a mission where Logan can really cut loose, kill a load of people. THEN have the final mission. Because to be quite honest, and I'm not being biased here, everyone can surely see it, in that last mission Wade is CLEARLY the man. He is the elite killer. Even more so than Creed. It shouldn't of been like that.

My other complaint is the sheer watered-downess of Logans escape from the experiment.
I have no idea why Fox didn't do that. It would of meant more action scenes.

Well it was probably because they wanted to make a blockbuster on the cheap.

i mean how cheap is a few Million? lol

And they obviously wanted a shorter run time so it would get more plays a day.

It's stupid of Tom Rothman to start this short run time rule, IMO. :whatever:

Last edited:
seriously.. i was just getting used to 2 hr plus movies too.. i mean i think a good story would need about that much time to make everything connect. that or they just need a better team of ppl to execute the ideas to make it work under less time.. it can be done. lol

seriously.. i was just getting used to 2 hr plus movies too.. i mean i think a good story would need about that much time to make everything connect. that or they just need a better team of ppl to execute the ideas to make it work under less time.. it can be done. lol

I agree, the movie run time should be 2 hr plus for better character development and more time to tell the story right.

The ******ed part is that most of the top grossing movies are well over 90 minutes.

Exactly.

Last edited:
im still in awe of how they didnt think us fanboys would have coronaries over the mistreatment and misuse of characters in this movie.. or did they even care what fans would say or think... its Wolverine and the got d@m X-Men got d@m it!! (hey mods.. can I say that??)

oh and btw.. i just went to the vault and pulled out my Weapon X book by BWS,,, smh... anyone who hasnt read it should.. im sure most have.. but if you havent.. you should.. lol
then those who dont understand our plight would be a bit more understanding of our disenchantment with this movie.. or certain aspects of it at the very least lol just re-reading makes me smh and go.. cmon why couldnt they add just a little wincy bit of this? at least as a nod to the source and out of respect to the material.. the most important part of Wolverines creation should not have been tampered with.. i can respect diluted.. but if it aint broke...

oh and btw.. i just went to the vault and pulled out my Weapon X book by BWS,,, smh... anyone who hasnt read it should.. im sure most have.. but if you havent.. you should.. lol
then those who dont understand our plight would be a bit more understanding of our disenchantment with this movie.. or certain aspects of it at the very least lol just re-reading makes me smh and go.. cmon why couldnt they add just a little wincy bit of this? at least as a nod to the source and out of respect to the material.. the most important part of Wolverines creation should not have been tampered with.. i can respect diluted.. but if it aint broke...

I just downloaded the torrent for the Barry Windsor Smith's Marvel Comics Presents: Weapon X comic books.

I just downloaded the torrent for the Barry Windsor Smith's Marvel Comics Presents: Weapon X comic books.

Where? PM me. I lost a load of my old comics when i moved house, i'll be ****ed if i buy them all again. I think the weapon X stuff was amongst the stuff that is now lost forever.

i have the compilation book of Weapon X by BWS and the actual marvel comics presents series of it.. SUCH A GOOD STORY LINE!!! i have a slew of comics that i had bought back in those days from X-men Wolverine in plastics that ive only ever opened once... like i said.. you read that Weapon X and you face palm ya self after seeing wat Hood & Co. gave us... smh..

Yea but I never expect comic book movies to follow the comics 100% anyway.

no of course not i wouldnt either.. id LOVE it.. but as we all have stated and argued.. there are ways to stick closer to source with out lifting complete pages...

but im in the process of re-reading the Weapon X book and i just love it.. art is good.. and story is well told imo..

Last edited:
I want to see more crouching...Enough of him standing when he's whooping ass, I want to see him low!

how about when he gives that lame delivery of "im there best there is at what i do, but what i do isnt very nice" jus came off so corny.. no conviction behind it..

how about when he gives that lame delivery of "im there best there is at what i do, but what i do isnt very nice" jus came off so corny.. no conviction behind it..

The way Wolverine said "I'm there best there is at what i do, but what i do isn't very nice" would have been better if He sounded pissed and should have been done in narration since usually in the comic books, Wolverine says that in his thoughts.

Last edited:
yea he said it almost satire-ish like comedic.. lol Silverfoz: "why does Stryker still want with you? Wolverine: "Because I'm there best there is at what i do, but what i do isn't very nice" lmao just sounded so cheesy saying it while hes driving home having a discussion with wifey.. pahlease!
-like ive said before, they couldve picked up a few tid bits from Hulk vs Wolverine...

not just yours my freind.. not just yours ;)

He's the best he is at what he does, except when he's in an airplane, c'mon, airsick Wolvie?? Ridiculous. Perhaps he could've delivered that line if they showed more missions the team went on, etc. I would say Creed was more "the best he is a what he does" since all he does is freakin' kill people (which was awesome in the movie, very true to character).

Yea there should of been at least another Team X mission where Logan can really cut lose. The mission we saw it seemed Wade was the no.1 killer. Logan was just mooching about. But I understand that because it shows he is completely jaded and doesn't wanna do it anymore by that point, but there should of been a mission shown before that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"